Did Daneyko wear an 'A' in green?

stevestevens

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get a green Daneyko jersey but I am blocked on whether or not he wore an A during the green years. If he did, can someone provide a picture or source? I know he wouldn't have it in his first few seasons but I imagine he could have in the late 80s, early 90s. Anyone know, or could find the answer? I've been looking for a while.

Thanks everyone!

SS - I would strongly suggest PM'ing this question to one of our senior gameworn collectors (Chorske17, SPJ20, amongst others) who post often here. They have a library of pics and GW jerseys to confirm this. They are extremely knowledgible and helpful. Hope that helps.

SS - I would strongly suggest PM'ing this question to one of our senior gameworn collectors (Chorske17, SPJ20, amongst others) who post often here. They have a library of pics and GW jerseys to confirm this. They are extremely knowledgible and helpful. Hope that helps.

LA, thanks for the kind words.

Off the top of my head, Daneyko wore the "A" during the 91-92 season. For how exactly long i do not know. For photo proof, on his 92-93 Score Canadian card, he is wearing his white jersey and you can see part of the A as he's leaning over skating in the pic.

Did not know that. I do not think it was worn for a long duration was it? The OP wants to get a red/green Dano...and while he wore the "A" at some point, would you advise someone to get a jersey made with it on there?

The photo of him wearing the "A" was taken after the 1992 All Star break when the teams switched to white on the road as the background in the card is not from the Meadowlands. I'm thinking he didn't wear it for very long, but it would have to be researched in more depth.

I think only someone who has a vast knowledge of this stuff would take a second look at it on there. To be honest, if the A goes on then the 75th patch/10th patch has to as well if you want to be a stickler for detail lol.

I've been reading alot of comments about these jerseys and such on this board and i think some are driving themselves crazy with details. Unless you have a true authentic on-ice vintage jersey from the 80's and early 90's, just letter these new ones up and enjoy them! Don't worry about it.

Edited by SJP20

I think only someone who has a vast knowledge of this stuff would take a second look at it on there. To be honest, if the A goes on then the 75th patch/10th patch has to as well if you want to be a stickler for detail lol.

I've been reading alot of comments about these jerseys and such on this board and i think some are driving themselves crazy with details. Unless you have a true authentic on-ice vintage jersey from the 80's and early 90's, just letter these new ones up and enjoy them! Don't worry about it.

That's why I'm torn. I'm old enough that I watched and went to games as a kid under the old colors and knew the players, but they did not wear the RBK jersey that the current team is going to wear. The new Red/Green RBK's are to worn by the current players, therefore, if you wanted to be authentic and realistic, you would get a RBK jersey of a player that is in the line-up on 3/17/10. If you wanted an old school CCM Red/Green, go with somebody pre '92-'93. Confusing, but I know a few of you are picking up what I'm throwing down.

That's why I'm torn. I'm old enough that I watched and went to games as a kid under the old colors and knew the players, but they did not wear the RBK jersey that the current team is going to wear. The new Red/Green RBK's are to worn by the current players, therefore, if you wanted to be authentic and realistic, you would get a RBK jersey of a player that is in the line-up on 3/17/10. If you wanted an old school CCM Red/Green, go with somebody pre '92-'93. Confusing, but I know a few of you are picking up what I'm throwing down.

It is not possible to buy the RBK jersey like the players will wear. Only the CCM ones will be sold. There is no jersey that you could make up that will be completely 100%$ accurate because of this. I will probably go with a current player myself...

It is not possible to buy the RBK jersey like the players will wear. Only the CCM ones will be sold. There is no jersey that you could make up that will be completely 100%$ accurate because of this. I will probably go with a current player myself...

That's another question of mine... I haven't been to the Rock since the miracle game vs. Toronto, so I haven't seen the new jerseys in the Devils' Den. Who is the manufacturer for the actual game worn jerseys? Doesn't the NHL have an exclusive contract with Reebok to only wear the RBK Edge jerseys? I'm under the impression that the jersey would be a current RBK template, substituting the Red & Green.

That's another question of mine... I haven't been to the Rock since the miracle game vs. Toronto, so I haven't seen the new jerseys in the Devils' Den. Who is the manufacturer for the actual game worn jerseys? Doesn't the NHL have an exclusive contract with Reebok to only wear the RBK Edge jerseys? I'm under the impression that the jersey would be a current RBK template, substituting the Red & Green.

I am pretty sure that the team will be wearing RBK jerseys. Only CCM replicas are being sold to fans....

Didn't RBK buy CCM, thus making these CCM replicas RBK jerseys? Or is the RBK/CCM distinction being drawn only because these CCM replicas aren't RBK Edge?

Either way, I think the Devils did a great job with these. They're close enough to the old jerseys that fans should feel comfortable putting an old player on them, but they're also close enough to what they'll be wearing on 3/17 that fans should feel comfortable getting a current player. It's a tough line to toe, and they did about as good a job as anyone could expect. For once, they got it right.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get a green Daneyko jersey but I am blocked on whether or not he wore an A during the green years. If he did, can someone provide a picture or source? I know he wouldn't have it in his first few seasons but I imagine he could have in the late 80s, early 90s. Anyone know, or could find the answer? I've been looking for a while.

Thanks everyone!

Go to the source. Next time you are at the arena, head on up to the Goal Bar and ask Dano himself! ... J/K

smilydev.gif

Off topic somewhat, but I gotta ask. Why'd they do that? I noticed this in clips of Marty's debut, which was said to be @ home but the Devils were wearing red in that game.

Since it was the NHL's 75th anniversary year, I believe it was done as a tribute to the Original Six when teams wore white on the road and dark at home. It was kind of neat to see the Devils in the red at home that year.