2010 Defending Champion New York Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

I don't blame Berkman for either of plays. Those are very difficult plays for every firstbaseman in baseball with the exception of Teixeira. We have been spoiled by having him as first base to the point where those plays look routine. Berkman will be fine to spell Teixeira at first once every one or two weeks for the rest of the year. He was just having a Murphy's Law couple of days.

With regard to resting players, I agree with you. Girardi should have waited to rest players until tonight, when they play a decidedly weaker Toronto team. But, (once again agreeing) it wouldn't have made a difference with the way Shields pitched yesterday. Thankfully, all we had to do was win one of the three games to maintain the lead. I am still confident that this team will win the division.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ is really getting on my nerves. I really hate watching this guy pitch. How can someone be so good one day and total garbage the next? It's mind boggling. I never understood the contract the Yankees gave him.

Mike

I really hate watching this guy pitch. How can someone be so good one day and total garbage the next?

It's simple, really. Just have some of the best "stuff" in the game today, but have zero control over it. The result is someone who either throws a no-hitter (while walking the ballpark (see Edwin Jackson)) or gets knocked around and can barely get out of the third inning. For what its worth, I've never really been a Burnett fan either.

It's simple, really. Just have some of the best "stuff" in the game today, but have zero control over it. The result is someone who either throws a no-hitter (while walking the ballpark (see Edwin Jackson)) or gets knocked around and can barely get out of the third inning. For what its worth, I've never really been a Burnett fan either.

I've liked him since he shutout Boston in that extra inning game against Boston last yr vs Beckett and when he shut down Philly in a must win in game 2 of the world series but yeah he's by far the most frustrating pitcher they have (except for maybe Jobber). But when he's on, he's unhittable

Problem is he will be on for one game, not the next two, then on again and not the next three. If he wasn't our number two pitcher I might be able to live with it, but you expect more when your in that 2 spot in the rotation.

Mike

Would be when I'm at work and couldn't see it.

Congrats Arod.

Mike

There are a couple of exciting races this year. Tigers, White Sox and Twins in the AL central, Phillies and Braves in the NL East, Reds and Cards in the NL Central and the Giants and Padres in the NL west. Looks like the only divison that's pretty much sewn up is the AL Central with Texas ahead by alot.

Mike

There are a couple of exciting races this year. Tigers, White Sox and Twins in the AL central, Phillies and Braves in the NL East, Reds and Cards in the NL Central and the Giants and Padres in the NL west. Looks like the only divison that's pretty much sewn up is the AL Central with Texas ahead by alot.

Mike

thats true.... i think when its all said and done...the yanks will win, the white sox, and rangers..... then in the national league, i think it would be the braves, cardinals, and padres.

when it comes to the wild card, i think its up for grabs in the national league but tampa bay will most likely get it in the american league

thats true.... i think when its all said and done...the yanks will win, the white sox, and rangers..... then in the national league, i think it would be the braves, cardinals, and padres.

when it comes to the wild card, i think its up for grabs in the national league but tampa bay will most likely get it in the american league

I gotta believe Yanks/Rays are both in barring Boston coming back even without Youk, which ain't gonna happen. I would register an AL central guess, but they're just the sacrificial lamb. I want the Twins just because the Yanks own them. West is Texas obviously, but they probably aren't going anywhere in October unless Lee doesn't lose a game (which happened last year)

Even in batting practice Berkman is finding a way to drill the ball at players...hopefully A-Rod isn't hurt. They're calling it a lower left leg contusion and he is off to get x-rays, Pena taking his spot in the line up today.

Javy is going through a dead arm period, they're going to cut down on his workload between starts. Hopefully that helps.

So what I've read on twitter is that A-Rod was distracted by Joe Buck right before he got drilled. As if I couldn't hate that motherfvcker more. Apparently Buck addressed the issue on the broadcast but I watch all Yankee games on Fox (and ESPN for that matter) on mute. Fortunately, the x-rays were negative. Unfortunately, CC is getting hit hard in the 2nd and with the way the offense has been lately this may be a long afternoon.

not sure how true this is but there is a slight possibility that the Tigers might be dealing Damon. What is even more interesting that the Yankees might be interested since he is a clutch bat in the playoffs and is a great hitter at the new yankee stadium. they were talking about it on WFAN today and it was due to the underacheiving performance so far of Granderson (may give him a platooning role)

not sure how true this is but there is a slight possibility that the Tigers might be dealing Damon. What is even more interesting that the Yankees might be interested since he is a clutch bat in the playoffs and is a great hitter at the new yankee stadium. they were talking about it on WFAN today and it was due to the underacheiving performance so far of Granderson (may give him a platooning role)

I guess if they didn't have to give up anything that'd be fine, but you couldn't platoon him with Granderson. They're both lefthanded and Curtis's problem is hitting LHPs, so that really wouldn't solve a problem

Damon's hitting .298 against lefties but only in 80 ABs and his slugging is only .381. Detroit's not playing him against lefties, so I don't think this would work