2010 Defending Champion New York Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

Pathetic finish for the Yankees. a 200 million dollar payroll and we have to settle for the fvcking wild card. Thing I have the most problem with is Joe is sitting there thinking he did all right. I pray he goes to Chicago after this season whether we win another WS or not. Guy just makes sh!tty mangaging decisions.

He chose to lose the battle for a better chance of winning the war. Whether this was the right call or not will depend on how far the team goes in the playoffs. Personally, I would rather face our bitches than Cliff Lee.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a playoff spot. That's the bottom line. I'm still confident that we can beat the Twins and Rangers/Rays in the ALCS even without homefield advantage. The playoffs should prove to be exciting though, we're definitely not sweeping the Twins like last year.

we have a playoff spot. That's the bottom line. I'm still confident that we can beat the Twins and Rangers/Rays in the ALCS even without homefield advantage. The playoffs should prove to be exciting though, we're definitely not sweeping the Twins like last year.

i hope the reds sweep the phillies

Here is the ALDS roster:

SP

Sabathia

Pettitte

Hughes

RP

Rivera

Wood

Robertson

Chamberlain

Logan

Burnett

Mitre

Moseley

C

Posada

Cervelli

IF

Teixeira

Cano

Jeter

Rodriguez

Pena

OF

Swisher

Granderson

Gardner

Kearns

Golson

DH

Berkman

Thames

Still waiting to see what the Twins roster will be. Slightly surprised that they are carrying both Mitre and Moseley, though if either of them pitches it probably won't be a high leverage situation so that's just me over analyzing a bit. I'm already nervous as hell and can't wait for this to start. Go Yankees!

Mosley seems like an odd choice since he threw 90 pitches on Sunday. I can't see him being available in Game 1 or 2 unless there are lots of extra innings.

I don't think the Yankees crumble if they lose game 1. They lost Game 1 to Philly last year and rebounded well. This is a veteran team that has been here before and knows how to win.

Eleven pitchers ... that's a slight surprise. Why not scratch Burnett? I think he played his way to the bench. Maybe Girardi envisions a Mussina-like relief stint where Burnett pitches well and gets his confidence back.

They were saying that Burnett is only on the roster in case Andy gets hurt or cant pitch up to par. I think they just wanted to carry a 4th starter just in case. Other than that, he may not even see any time

Yankees take game 2! So nice to beat that pansy Pavano! Cashman's acquisitions(Granderson, Berkman, and Wood ) stepping up along with core guys(Pettitte and Rivera)! Finish them off in NY on Saturday!

Lance Berkman is a hell of a player. I've watched him for many years for the Houston Astros, he often came up with big hits that scored multiple runs, or a homer to win games for the Astros.

Good player, and I wish him well.

I hope everyone is spreading the news! These have been two impressive games for the Bombers. Getting contributions from everyone!

Some team is going to give Kerry Wood a big contract to close for them next year, he has really revitalized his career in a few months in Pinstripes.

Berkman has been my boy for a long time when he was an Astro (my #2). It makes me so happy to know that now he is being clutch for my real favorite team.

Thank you for your kind words. When the Astros had the "B's" (Jeff Bagwell-Lance Berkman-Craig Biggio) they were a good team. I know "we"* got swept in the 2005 WS ( because Jermaine Dye cheated and said the ball hit him, when in fact it hit the bat and the catcher caught it=out! I forget the name of the next batter but he hit a homer, we might have at least won one game vs White Sox)

* we. I support both Texas teams, Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers.

Could you imagine how this series would have gone if the Yankees starting pitching wasn't so questionable? What a great series. Everyone contributed offensively. Interesting that Joba did not see any action. I thought with a 5 run lead he may have gotten the 9th instead of Mo.

The Daily News had it right. EZ Pass.

3 down, 8 eight to go!

Start Spreading The News!