Hockey Outing ??

CRASHER

Yeah this game and the whole reason FOR this thread (remember that ?? :P ) will be a ton of fun indeed :D

just don't take it personally if I curse at you ! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eat legitimate pizza, not that crap excuse for pizza they have on that other coast. I went to some "New York style" pizza place in LA, and man, it was totally sh!te. They even had dough imported from New York, but it was still total crap.

I personally have heard a number of places that are "the best". The one I want to try next is Denino's on Staten Island.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO EAT DENINO'S !!!

We ate there the last two years for my sister's birthday... sh!tty service

really thin crust pizza.. AND THEY WERE OUT OF BUTTER !!!

How can you serve Italian Bread and have no butte !!!!!

It's a shame WCDF and ILB ain't coming in earlier.. I could have taken them

somewhere good in Brooklyn.. but if they were coming in earlier I'd be

pissy from traffic !!

it's nice to see some CA folk lovin the N-Y-C :D

Food is exciting.. just ask weird al :D

well you gotta be specific.... this is THE largest metro area in the world... you want touristy crap

or other stuff ??

oh boy...Well, most of the stuff I want to do is in NY and I don't know how many days I will be able to visit it...Lord, I am going to be such a tourist...lol :ph34r:

Like Soprano things, um, i don't know...I am talking about more in jersey, because I am sure that I will figure out EVERYTHING I WOULD LOVE TO DO IN NY...lol :P

ILB: Well I guess I can't blame you.. but I've had NYC burn-out of late.. it's just the traffic and crapola parking.. but if you are gonna be touristy.. I'd say pick Sunday night if you are gonna do the

true touristy crap like Times Sqaure and the Empire State Building (go up at night.. it's nicer, but odd to me post-9/11)... and for god's sake get an all day metro card and don't drive :D

We ate there the last two years for my sister's birthday... sh!tty service

really thin crust pizza.. AND THEY WERE OUT OF BUTTER !!!

How can you serve Italian Bread and have no butte !!!!!

You didn't say the pizza was bad. I don't care about service or butter. Just pizza.

I love NYC. Living in DC is nice but makes me miss the whole Tri-State Area. You see I've come to realize that this whole area is so amazingly huge and complex that it's hard to truly understand... one in thirteen Americans live in the NYC metro area. :o !!!

The following is for ILB: But I mean, if you're only here for a while, check out New York. Times Square is great at night, lots of lights and cops, not so many people. Many stores are open still, too, some til 2 AM or even later. I'm a sucker for the East Village because of all the hardcore shops and vegetarian/vegan restaurants... it's like heaven for me. If you're into the stuff, definitely check out Generation Records, which is more in the main part of the Village I guess, on Thompson Street I believe. They have everything you'd ever want in terms of punk/hardcore. Try and see what's up at CBGB's, there's usually a show every night and even if it's not a good show, the experience at CB's is worth the admission, the walls of history, the crazy steps to the dirtiest bathrooms you'll ever be in, the feeling that you're in the place that gave birth to punk... I'm sure WCDF has been there mucho times, ILB. There's also ABC No Rio, an activist/volunteer run ex-squat that puts on shows/readings/etc every day of the week. The shows are really small but a true experience, truly one of the best vibes you'll ever feel at a show, the best people ever. If you wanna pick up a New York Hardcore Tattoo check out New York Hardcore Tattoos, that's on Delancey I guess, it's run by the main man Vinnie Stigma himself. Many famous NYHC idols work there or hang out there, it's not uncommon to see Freddy Madball, Vinnie Stigma, John Joseph, and more all in one place! It's fun just to walk around the Village, going in and out of record stores and neat little bookshops. And if you're vegetarian, it will be your paradise. If you wanna do that, just take the train to Spring Street and walk around (I forget which one, one of the blue ones I think). Generation Records, the place you must go to, is at 210 Thompson St. Here's a map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?count...esubmit=Get+Map I guess maybe Houston St. would be a better train stop to get off at, I dunno, I'm sure you could figure it out.

That's my one suggestion, ILB. You can walk to CB's from Generation Recods (just ask them for directions, it's maybe 10 blocks away). I also love the Virgin Records Mega Store in Times Square, the museums on the East Side, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, and the other tourist stuff. If you go to a bookstore, look up Time Out New York's Walk Book, that will give you some interesting ideas to plan out. Don't buy it, you'll regret it, just get some ideas from that on where to go because with that book you'll get a spot to start and a destination, not just a place to go after another with little linkage in between.

Have fun, and do take mass transit or you will get a headache!

You didn't say the pizza was bad. I don't care about service or butter. Just pizza.

the pizza was VERY average at best in fact too average to make up for the

putirs service... they didn't even let us get a salad with the dinner :P

Thanks Sheeps! I have actually never been to any of those areas...I would love to check it all out. I grew up out here in California. I left New jersey when I was 11 and moved back to attend just 1 year of high school in Long Island. My "scene" was Berkeley, very different from New York but in a way I imagine very much the same. When I think of CBGB's and the village I always picture Telegraph St in Berkeley. Thankfor all the info, I will be checking it out. I love NYC, I am pretty sure ILB will be blown away. I can't wait to see her face when she steps out of the subway. This trip is going to be great.

I can't wait! :D

and don't forget if you're going for good pizza.. think Brooklyn !! Not to mention Coney Island and the Aquarium there too (and the original Nathan's) can be a good day in itself !!

Ohhhhh yeah.

NY and CA? Lil different.

Hate to say it WCDF and ILB, but I'm East Coast for life. Been to California several times and couldn't stand it. There are too many people like me there. I don't know what it is, I just couldn't deal with it.

Maybe a lot of it has to do with weather. For me, New Jersey is way too hot. It's too hot in the summers and not cold enough in the winters. I like long, snowy winters and breezy summers.

(Well, maybe I'm not East Coast for life, I think I'm more of an original six general area type of guy... from Chicago east to NY, northeast to Boston, northwest to Montreal, southwest to Toronto, back west to Detroit, and west/southwest back to Chicago. I'm most likely going to end up somewhere in that vincinity.)

And I'm rambling...

Really? WCDF has never been to CB's? You must!

Here's the schedule for the next while, don't know how long you will be here or when you get here:

Tuesday July 29 7pm $7

Points West

Few and Far Between

Saccharine

Revel

Echo Station

Ali with an I

Blind Pilot

Wednesday July 30 7pm $7

Throe

Reign of Kings

Milea

Void

The Needles

Kilofax

Spin Dizzy

Thurdsay July 31 7pm $7

Sabi

Dead Day Sun

The Nerve!

Dead Betties

Forge

One Of Many

Friday August 1 $10 8pm GYNC Presents

Atomic Missiles

Collider

Spiraling

Trip Side

Home School

Pillow Theory

Drink Fist

Saturday August 2

Steel Pier Sinners / Four Tops Ahead

Sunday and Monday evening audition showcase 7pm $3

Tuesday August 5 $7 7pm

The Highway

Far From Finished

The Kick

This

Scream and scream again

Wednesday August 6 $10

Wet Nurse

Human Decline

Lick Golden Sky

Black Dahlia Murder

Burnt By the Sun

Soilent Green

August 13 is Down By Law... should be a good one... the Soilent Green show would be good, too.

I'm with sheeps on that one, when I went out there in late Dec, it was 35 and snowing here.... I get off a plane and it was EIGHTY SEVEN degrees... my body went into shock and had a two week asthma attack !! I'm hoping next visit is better

and I forgot to mention the Staten Island ferry is WAY nice at night.. sorry there's not much else to do on this rock I call home, but getting there is nice :D

and I forgot to mention the Staten Island ferry is WAY nice at night.. sorry there's not much else to do on this rock I call home, but getting there is nice :D

I totally want to hit up a ferry. I want to take a tour of manhatten by ferry, I think ILB would love that. :D