Who will be the Devils’ next head coach?

Rock

http://blogs.northje.../blogs/fireice/

Jacques Lemaire announced his retirement from coaching today, so the Devils have to look for a new head coach—again.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello has yet to begin his coaching search, so, at this point, trying to pick a favorite is a guessing game.

Bob Hartley, former Atlanta, Colorado head coach: Beat the Devils in the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals with Colorado and guided Ilya Kovalchuk and the Thrashers to their only playoff appearance in 2007. Hasn’t coached since being fired after Thrashers lost first six games of following season. Currently working for RDS in Canada.

Interesting

Haviland and Carbonneau would be the two best choices here IMO. Would like to have either one coach this Devils team. Certainly not Hitchcock. have a feeling Johnny Mac is going to get passed up again. Tremblay no thanks.

I like the idea of Haviland. I like how Chicago plays and how they were built. If he can bring some of that magic with him then by all means the door is open. Doesn't hurt he is a Middletown guy as am I...just trade for JVR and I would be in heaven :).

Edited by vonbonds

Bob Hartley, former Atlanta, Colorado head coach: Beat the Devils in the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals with Colorado and guided Ilya Kovalchuk and the Thrashers to their only playoff appearance in 2007. Hasn’t coached since being fired after Thrashers lost first six games of following season. Currently working for RDS in Canada.

Interesting

I wonder if Lou will wait to see if Kovy signs before he picks a coach.

Edited by Elias26