Mark Fraser gets 1 year deal

Elias26

Then why didn't Lou just go to arbitration if he felt he was being prevented from having the defense he wanted?

Because it wasn't something worth going to arbitration for. Arbitration hearings can get messy. Lou wanted a 2 way so that IF Fraser gets out played by a few people in camp, he can be sent down without risk of losing him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it wasn't something worth going to arbitration for. Arbitration hearings can get messy. Lou wanted a 2 way so that IF Fraser gets out played by a few people in camp, he can be sent down without risk of losing him.

a two-way contract does not mean a player is ineligible for waivers, fraser still would have been exposed to waivers on the way down. he wouldn't've been exposed on the way back up though.

a two-way contract does not mean a player is ineligible for waivers, fraser still would have been exposed to waivers on the way down. he wouldn't've been exposed on the way back up though.

I thought it depended on the AHL Salary? As in, I thought Lou was offering a 2 way where the AHL salary was at a level (either above or below 105k or something like that) that Fraser was eligible for waivers. Or does that only apply when a player is called up?

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I thought it depended on the AHL Salary? As in, I thought Lou was offering a 2 way where the AHL salary was at a level (either above or below 105k or something like that) that Fraser was eligible for waivers. Or does that only apply when a player is called up?

From my understanding, it's primarily a factor of the age of the player as it relates to when his first professional contract was signed and his amount of NHL experience (as measured in games played). Two-way just makes it possible to bring the player back up without re-entry waivers coming into play; players with two-way contracts can still be waiver-eligible.

From my understanding, it's primarily a factor of the age of the player as it relates to when his first professional contract was signed and his amount of NHL experience (as measured in games played). Two-way just makes it possible to bring the player back up without re-entry waivers coming into play; players with two-way contracts can still be waiver-eligible.

LL said MF has to clear waivers with either a 1-way or 2-way deal, so this issue is a non-starter

this is complicated and obscure.

on the way down (being sent to the AHL): if a player is eligible to be put on waivers, he is, whether or not he's signed to a two-way contract or a one-way contract.

on the way up (being recalled from the AHL): regular waivers do NOT apply to a two-way contract where the player is making less than $110,000 in the minor leagues. if a player does make more than $110,000 in the minor leagues, he is eligible for re-entry waivers where half his salary is paid by his old team and half by his new team. jay leach got nicked by this last season.

Edited by Triumph