Madden brings Stanley Cup to St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston

msweet

I have never been a big fan of Madden's "Character" but he just went up in my eyes enormously...

Former Devil John Madden made a much-celebrated visit to Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston on one of two days he gets to hold the Stanley Cup. Madden, who played with the Devils for 10 years before moving to the Chicago Blackhawks last season, has raised the Stanley Cup three times in his career.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/08/video_former_devil_john_madden.html

Mike Haviland's day with the Cup is tomorrow and he's bringing it to Donovan's Reef in Sea Bright and Brannigan's in Red Bank, amongst other places (I wanna say Neptune and obviously Middletown as well?)

What a Jersey boy.

I'll see what I can do about tracking down the article I read about it for those who want confirmation or wanna try to check it out.

Edit: Here we go. http://tdevils.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/meet-mike-haviland-get-your-picture-taken-with-the-stanley-cup/

Edited by thelastonealive

That's awesome! I received 3rd degree burns on my left hand 5 years ago, and let me tell you, there is no better burn center in the tri-state area than St. Barnabas of Livingston. Everything from the state-of-the-art equipment to the nurses, doctors and other staff are top notch.

I always loved Maddog. He obviously knows where credit is due.