STH BBQ & Fan Fest

GoArmySports

How about giving the STH BBQ tickets to someone here that buys/bought "x" amount of games or spends/spent "x" from you as a thanks? You're already making a profit off of your gift of an extra set of season tickets, so why not go that route?

I doubt we're making a profit off of the tickets, we're going to pay more in taxes than we sell extra tickets for, I believe, we're just hoping to come close to break even.

I've told people who bought stuff and asked about preseasons games that they could have those for freebies.

There hasn't been anyone who bought more than 1 game, so I don't know how I would choose out of that group, and I've already asked all the people I'm friendly with if they want them for free and nobody can make it. I'm already going myself anyway so if my Dad can't find anyone who wants to go, his friends had to cancel today, then we'll probably sell to help with the taxes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with taxes? I got the free extra season tix but never heard anything about taxes

It's a "prize" like you win from a game show. So you'll have to pay taxes as if the tickets were income to you. The only question is, will the team try to claim the value is the face value of the tickets or the season ticket cost to the ticket, I'm betting the former.

It happens all the time with the Price is Right, particularly I believe, people win cool stuff, like cars or the showcase, don't know they have to pay taxes on it, the end of year comes and they have to sell all their stuff off just to pay the taxes.

Edited by Devils731

I doubt we're making a profit off of the tickets, we're going to pay more in taxes than we sell extra tickets for, I believe, we're just hoping to come close to break even.

I've told people who bought stuff and asked about preseasons games that they could have those for freebies.

There hasn't been anyone who bought more than 1 game, so I don't know how I would choose out of that group, and I've already asked all the people I'm friendly with if they want them for free and nobody can make it. I'm already going myself anyway so if my Dad can't find anyone who wants to go, his friends had to cancel today, then we'll probably sell to help with the taxes.

Maybe do "next purchase of two or more games" get the BBQ tix. I think you'll get some emails for sure lol.

I think you'd wind up selling more then 1 game if you threw the BBQ tix in, it's good marketing and you'll probably make someone's day.

My parents "won" a car in a raffle years ago and paid taxes on it, so i know what you mean. Nothing free even when you win.

Edited by SJP20

It's a "prize" like you win from a game show. So you'll have to pay taxes as if the tickets were income to you. The only question is, will the team try to claim the value is the face value of the tickets or the season ticket cost to the ticket, I'm betting the former.

It happens all the time with the Price is Right, particularly I believe, people win cool stuff, like cars or the showcase, don't know they have to pay taxes on it, the end of year comes and they have to sell all their stuff off just to pay the taxes.

You don't have to pay taxes on it if you don't have a high enough yearly income, right?

See, that's classy right there. I may be for these events being ID entry/non transferable, but at least you didn't take something that was a free gift/perk and sell them to someone to make a profit. Not like what someone from this board is doing right now with his "eBay style" email offer route (should he make up his mind 100% on what to do with them).

I took my pre-season vouchers and gave them to a board member who purchased some items from me in the Marketplace as a thanks. The vouchers didn't "cost" me anything (well, "cost" being a relative terms since i did pay for the VIP Equipment entry and the vouchers were "free"...) so i figured why not give them to someone to enjoy? I got my BBQ tickets last season from a STH as a gift, so why not pay it forward to a fellow fan?

I'm selling my sth bbq vouchers and my seats to the pre-season games, plus the vouchers for the game. I sell my tix to pre-season plus the vouchers so I end up breaking even so I don't have to waste my time at pre-season games that I'm not interested in. I just wanted to make sure that was ok with you though.

I'm selling my sth bbq vouchers and my seats to the pre-season games, plus the vouchers for the game. I sell my tix to pre-season plus the vouchers so I end up breaking even so I don't have to waste my time at pre-season games that I'm not interested in. I just wanted to make sure that was ok with you though.

You "don't care about meeting the players or getting their autographs" and you "skip this stuff all the time". :rolleyes:

Edited by SJP20

Is Ken seriously getting all sanctimonious about people selling stuff on ebay ? :blink:

So is he arbiter of all things ethical on ebay now? Does he sell his crap at a loss because it's the honorable thing? I just dont understand the guy - how his mind is so warped. i dont have on going battles here really except with this guy. He's relentless and WRONG. The more wrong he is the harder he'll fight. Dude fold when you're losing don't think you'll con anyone else into giving up when you're so clearly hypocritical. Let things go -- seriously you have a little bit of a screw loose and its massively showing. I had no idea until this Summer. It's not just me -- btu of course I'll be the loud one and call him out on his sh!t <_< might as well paint a big fvcking bullseye on my face.

maybe I have more in common with Langenbrunner than I care to admit.. -_- Stevens always just shuts up and sees how the wind is blowing... but NOT ME! I've gotta go blahblah Blahblah....

seriously -- all I can hear in my head is unknown poster grumbling Someone oughta shut that ++++ up... and yet I persist. I'm not comfortable with conflict -- I'd rather find a way to get along --- I just don't see how though when it goes further and further down the path... :argh:

Scott Stevens -- now is the time when you have to post and say you love me and will protect me -- love me as a FAN not you know badabing whoowhoo pink boinking bunnies kind of thing.. HELL no! Stevens is just like Darwin... he'd run the other way -- Huh? I dont even know you... dumdeedum... <_<

AND he's always anonymous user -- so you know he's spying on who is reading what when and doesn't want anyone doing the same to him... <_<

(hey :unsure: really?)

Edited by Pepperkorn

You "don't care about meeting the players or getting their autographs" and you "skip this stuff all the time". :rolleyes:

And I sell them because I don't give a sh!t about that stuff. I spend enough money on this team, if I get a chance to get some of that money back I'm all for it. I'm not holding a gun to anyones head to make them pay whatever price they want to pay to go. I'm sorry that we can't all be as giving and wonderful as you are.

Is Ken seriously getting all sanctimonious about people selling stuff on ebay ?

So is he arbiter of all things ethical on ebay now? Does he sell his crap at a loss because it's the honorable thing? I just dont understand the guy - how his mind is so warped. i dont have on going battles here really except with this guy. He's relentless and WRONG. The more wrong he is the harder he'll fight. Dude fold when you're losing don't think you'll con anyone else into giving up when you're so clearly hypocritical. Let things go -- seriously you have a little bit of a screw loose and its massively showing. I had no idea until this Summer. It's not just me -- btu of course I'll be the loud one and call him out on his sh!t might as well paint a big fvcking bullseye on my face.

maybe I have more in common with Langenbrunner than I care to admit.. Stevens always just shuts up and sees how the wind is blowing... but NOT ME! I've gotta go blahblah Blahblah....

seriously -- all I can hear in my head is unknown poster grumbling Someone oughta shut that ++++ up... and yet I persist. I'm not comfortable with conflict -- I'd rather find a way to get along --- I just don't see how though when it goes further and further down the path...

Scott Stevens -- now is the time when you have to post and say you love me and will protect me -- love me as a FAN not you know badabing whoowhoo pink boinking bunnies kind of thing.. HELL no! Stevens is just like Darwin... he'd run the other way -- Huh? I dont even know you... dumdeedum...

AND he's always anonymous user -- so you know he's spying on who is reading what when and doesn't want anyone doing the same to him...

(hey really?)

eBay? I'm not talking about eBay you ass-clownette. Perhaps you should learn to read among other things.

I thought i was on Janie the psycho-babbler's ignore :whistling: . She just logs in under "DarwinDog" and lurks. Not surprisingly, since i had a back and forth with 731, you predictably start up. Now, if the past is any indication, i'll bet the same thing would happen if it was anyone else you "adore" here instead. I bet if ben00rs was picked on, you'd be silent :rolleyes:

So here we go again. You attack me for no reason other then you can't read and call me wrong with no basis to argue, plus you make up garbage about me. I think it's a douche move that someone should sell and profit from tickets to any STH event and people should refuse to buy. I am of the opinion any STH event should be non-transferable and ID entry. If all that don't jive with you, too bad, so sad!

You're approaching 15,000 posts. Way too much free time on your hands. Please put me back on ignore (all your ID's), fvck off, or contact me privately before i say more i'll regret. It's your choice.

Edited by SJP20

Man!! That's dangerous. Just what if he smashed his head - broke the ice and fell through unconscious?!?! Do you think his skinny friends would go in after him? Yeah... I guess they would - that guy with the rope was working his butt off just in case.

lol I truly wonder what that kid was trying to do :ECW: o well only 4 days till the BBQ!!!