Political leftovers from Lou thread

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they should mutiny

I think your avatar is repulsive.

I agree. Hard to respect any post that comes from someone that closed minded. Wish administration could take care of this,

While I don't agree with the avatar, I find it rather ridiculous that people would have a hard time "respecting" what a poster says based on their avatar. So they don't like Canada. BFD, not everyone does. Why go crying to the admins about it? :noclue:

they should mutiny

I think your avatar is repulsive.

I agree. Hard to respect any post that comes from someone that closed minded. Wish administration could take care of this,

While I don't agree with the avatar, I find it rather ridiculous that people would have a hard time "respecting" what a poster says based on their avatar. So they don't like Canada. BFD, not everyone does. Why go crying to the admins about it? :noclue:

Thank you Sammyk, this board needs more people like you who have stronger mentality then a 5 year old...

it's called IGNORE SC Devs Fan, just IGNORE me if you don't like my avatar

Since Canada gives USA so much crap, i decided to voice my view on the subject.

[While I don't agree with the avatar, I find it rather ridiculous that people would have a hard time "respecting" what a poster says based on their avatar. So they don't like Canada. BFD, not everyone does. Why go crying to the admins about it? :noclue:

Why go crying to administration? Because when I go to a Toronto board and see "USA sucks" it turns my stomach. If it doesn't do the same when you see "Canada sucks" then that's just a little double standard, isn't it? As far as not repecting what he posts, we are all entitled to our own opinions. I suspect he finally got what he wanted... just a little attention.

[While I don't agree with the avatar, I find it rather ridiculous that people would have a hard time "respecting" what a poster says based on their avatar.  So they don't like Canada.  BFD, not everyone does.  Why go crying to the admins about it? :noclue:

Why go crying to administration? Because when I go to a Toronto board and see "USA sucks" it turns my stomach. If it doesn't do the same when you see "Canada sucks" then that's just a little double standard, isn't it? As far as not repecting what he posts, we are all entitled to our own opinions. I suspect he finally got what he wanted... just a little attention.

Seeing someone write "USA Sucks" shouldn't turn your stomach. It's their opinion. If that's what they think, so be it. I mean c'mon, do you really expect everyone to like the United States? If Gizmo were to change his avatar, do you think his opinion of Canada would change? Of course not, so why does it make any difference?

Yes, just like YOU said, we are all entitled to our own opinions, so why can't Gizmo express his?

As for attention, if you knew that that's what he was after, why did you give it to him? :noclue:

*Good....Good...... everything is going according to plan* B)

j/k

If a Canadian says USA sucks, they are simply jealous and realize that the best thing to come out of canada was Wayne Gretzky and nothing else

If an American says Canada sucks, they see what a joke that country is and want to express that just to shut up all those idiots in the border up north.

To be fair, not all canadians are bad. For Example when Don Cherry said he supports president Bush and says this is a great country, i was really proud of him to say that on Hockey night in Canada. And also, i hate some Americans too. But look at it from a rational point of view. Canada is a joke of a country and they do in fact "Suck"

Now before this post is either locked/deleted, i have nothing against individuals, just the country overall.

As for everything else i think Sammyk pretty much covered it

There is a political section...the politics should stay there, don't you think?  :noclue:

Dude! You were the one that made the initial comment in this thread, were you not?

No S*** Sherlock. That's what I'm saying. His avatar is a political statement, not meant for the rest of the board. Geez, talk about stirring the pot.

[While I don't agree with the avatar, I find it rather ridiculous that people would have a hard time "respecting" what a poster says based on their avatar.
Edited by westcoastdevfan

Can someone clean this up? I'd like to have my say after someone spits on my country, but I'd rather do it in the political forum rather than in Hell.

I think this thread has gotten a little off track of spitting on Lou....

Can someone clean this up? I'd like to have my say after someone spits on my country, but I'd rather do it in the political forum rather than in Hell.

I think this thread has gotten a little off track of spitting on Lou....

I'm sure the Admins will either lock, delete or preferably MOVE it to the appropriate forum.

EDIT: It's a lot of both...well maybe a lot of nonsense and a slight political overtone; but I didn't want to leave this in the regular OT forum and I didn't want to lock it either.

:rofl: sure is...it's like fighting over the weather...is it raining or percipitating?...well, not really but I always wanted to say percipitating. :lol:

RE: politics vs nonsense: Some would say the two are one and the same.

I guess Jimmy doesn't like his war stance supported by the likes of Gizmo. (-:

--------

Anyhow, the point I wanted to make here was, what would the reaction be if I made an avatar that said "Niggers Suck". Would those of the "it's his opinion and it's his right to share it" be of the same ilk? As it was, I found it offensive as most of you would find a similar notion about your country. And the comments about Canada, while nonsensical and inane, were MEANT to disparage and offend. Why would one form of ignorance be persecuted and the other tolerated?

Edited by Don.Whiting

Anyhow, the point I wanted to make here was, what would the reaction be if I made an avatar that said "Niggers Suck". Would those of the "it's his opinion and it's his right to share it" be of the same ilk? As it was, I found it offensive as most of you would find a similar notion about your country. And the comments about Canada, while nonsensical and inane, were MEANT to disparage and offend. Why would one form of ignorance be persecuted and the other tolerated?

Saying something like "Niggers Suck" is a racial slur and shouldn't be compared to saying "Canada Sucks", which is more along the lines of "School Sucks" IMO. No one here knew what Gizmo meant by "Canada Sucks" until they asked. So how is it possible for any of you to have know it was MEANT to disparage and offend?

Saying something like "Niggers Suck" is a racial slur and shouldn't be compared to saying "Canada Sucks", which is more along the lines of "School Sucks" IMO. No one here knew what Gizmo meant by "Canada Sucks" until they asked. So how is it possible for any of you to have know it was MEANT to disparage and offend?

Sorry, Sammy I just don't see the difference. They are both insults designed to offend and belittle. While what Don said is very offensive, If I were Canadian and an American told me my country sucks I would be just as insulted as anbody on the other side of a racial slur.

Sorry, Sammy I just don't see the difference. They are both insults designed to offend and belittle. While what Don said is very offensive, If I were Canadian and an American told me my country sucks I would be just as insulted as anbody on the other side of a racial slur.

My point was that you guys didn't know that he meant it in an offensive way until you asked. I don't think saying "Canada Sucks" automatically means someone is out to offend. It could easily mean that they simply don't like the country. Also, what exactly is wrong in not liking a country, or even its people? I mean, if I say broccoli sucks, does that offend all the broccoli lovers out there? Would that sort of avatar be frowned upon as well?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.