Interesting

smelly

Just back from CAA -- I'm highly disappointed in the effort tonite.

Anyway, I rode the bus back to NYC with three pro scouts for Anaheim. They were discussing the entire Yotes lineup. The most interesting debate was whether Taffe or Langkow would be a better pickup -- two guys thought that Taffe would develop into a borderline first line winger, who played excellent defense; the other guy felt that Taffe would never live up to expectations, and would amount to little more than a glue/role player.

Everyone loved Doan -- they agreed that, on a line with Federov, he would be a top 5 player (in the league).

Very little discussion of the Devs, although they agreed that Martin had a great future.

It would be awesome if we got taffe. Not only for his potential, as I did hear his name mentioned a lot during the game and it seemed like he got a decent amount of ice time and seemed strong on both ends of the ice. But the coolest thing would be because my last name is taff, its almost the same....just an extra vowel. I would def be a huge fan.

Did you goof on them for the Devs winning The Mug?

There are times to speak and times to eaves drop Mr. Leeds.

Are you sure you're really a detective? :P:lol:

EDIT: Also...Welcome Ace Taff...nice first post. He did look good but man I was starting to agree with ^7^ re: the freaking pawing sh!te teams get away with out there. And they were such a frickin' erratic mess you couldnt even pause to smack the jerkoffs down! Very annoying to watch! But they got the Devs to play their game, didn't they though...so what do you say to that? You'd think the Devils would be better diciplined :rolleyes: ... oh well.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I always like Taffe for one simple reason. He was drafted out of college the same year that Van Ryn went to Junior hockey and sued to become a UFA to get out of being drafted by NJ. I remember Taffe being interviewed and he was saying that he hoped that people wouldn't judge all college players by Van Ryn's actions, that he was grateful to be drafted by Phoenix and would not do that to them.