poohbear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Granted, when Pihlman, Darby, Berglund, and Albelin are in, and Lirianov, Langenbrunner, Stevenson and Martin are out, you can't expect too much.

Still, there wasn't much effort on the Devs part until it was too late.

We need our injured guys to get back.

In a hurry.

It almost is like Elias is making plays that are too fancy for his linemates, like they can't handle hiim or something. But we really don't have anyone to compliment him. So many things have been tried, and nothing is working. I would have loved for him to stand up and stand out after the whole A-Line fad, but it really does seem like without the equally or more talented linemates he really cannot be used to his full advantage. I guess that could be said for any player, but it really burns us in the end.

I think it's like you said. Elias is a skilled forward with world class talent. He can't put all those skills on display because he doesn't have the kind of complementary linemates he used to. This is where I think the Devils could use that upgrade. Get Elias the center he needs.

I saw some of this game at work. First goal was a poor PP rebound left by Brodeur. Not much the D could have done there. Second goal was one off a draw. That's one Brodeur also usually stops. It did rise on him though. I didn't see the Elias goal. Third Preds' goal was just them outhustling the Devil D and getting a bounce off Pandolfo's stick. Nothing the goalie could have done there. The Devils didn't quit. They tried to comeback. But Nashville did a good job of keeping their shots outside. The second NJ goal was just hard work by Madden.

And no. I didn't feel Vokoun was that lucky. A good goalie doesn't get lucky too often. His positioning was sound and the Devils tried to beat him low from angles.

Just a good game by Nashville and a tired one from a depleted team. If I remember, when I was looking at all those NHL schedules, this was the toughest stretch New Jersey had. It's because they were back-and-forth a lot. So, it probably doesn't help that they have key players out. Plus Brodeur looks a little overworked. Some of the goals he's allowing aren't to his standard.

Every team hits a wall.

You have to give the Predators their due. They play a tough game, and they play well against all of the top teams. Detroit hasn't beaten them this year, and they are over .500 against the top teams so far. Vokoun is very good. I knew this would be a hard game, but I didn't want to be pessimistic before the game. Yeah, the Devils are slumping, but I don't think this loss should be taken too hard.

It almost is like Elias is making plays that are too fancy for his linemates, like they can't handle hiim or something.

We've noticed that, too! My husbands always yelling to stop making cute plays 'cuz they keep biting us in the ass!!!! God, he's getting pissed! Yelling and throwing stuff, he scares me sometimes! :unsure: