Rangers Fans Jumping Ship

devildave00

Oh come now the day WILL come when the Devils become an also-ran again. Maybe not with the king (Lou) here, but that day will come. Even the Yankees have had periods (however brief) of being an also-ran and they're the surest thing in sports as far as winning goes.

Unless you really mean you would abandon the team once they started losing :P

1965 to 1977 was not brief! :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about 82-95?

That wasn't brief either. I was too young to follow sports in the early '60's. Though I did watch games once in a while.(Thus I got to see Rocket Richard play the Rangers on TV in his last season 1960 I believe.) I really got into following sports in 1965, of course all the NY teams were pretty bad then. So I used the 1965 period for my statement concerning the Yankees. :P

29 years without a cup... Wow.

That's worse than the Rangers but at least Flyers fans have hope in that they actually MAKE the playoffs.

Nothing is worse than the Blackhawks. It will be 43 years this year! :blink:

Hmm the Flyers won their last Cup the year I was born. My birth jinxed them! :D

Wow, I didn't even realize the Hawks went that long without a cup...

Is that the longest without a cup in the NHL?

Ok, since were on the subject of stinkin up the joint. B) I'm a Devils fan first, but I also root for the Blue Jackets ... if ya didn't know I'm in the C-bus area ... anyway, they stink ... REALLY stink. But the place is sold out damn near every night ... the people are passionate about their hockey ... etc ... BUT, it's especially unnerving when the Wild fans come to town. I mean that's all we Jacket fans hear ... "we made the playoffs ... we made the playoffs ... na na na-na na". :argh:

I wasn't old enough ... or rather didn't know that much about hockey in the early 80's ... to feel the pain of the early days of the Devils, but I think that I kind of feel that with the Jackets. :evilcry:

Oh ... and throw in the fact that Art Modell took my beloved Browns away for 3 years ... and they stunk it up last year, too!!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that losing is not good for the psyche ... it's painful ... but people have to endure ... go to the games ... have fun ... appreciate the fact that your town has a team. It's a part of being a FAN.

Just my 2 cents.

I just am wondering one thing. If the situation was reversed, would you still show up for your team's games if they stunk seven years running? That's called loyalty.

Like it or not, someday we'll be second fiddle; it has to happen... then we'll see how people react. Derek, despite your teams performance, you've been a class act here. Hope we are the same when the ship starts to sink.... and I hope that doesn't happen for a long, long time.

Their is no Atlantic Division in baseball, the Yankees didn't win the Division in 1988, and the word you are trying to use is picayune. Did you learn that word in English today or something?

I KNOW THEY DIDN'T!!!!

I TRIED TO SAY THE DEVILS WON THE DIVISION!

And btw, you were being picayune by correcting me...

And no I didn't learn that word in english today...