ST. PAT'S PRE-GAME BAR CRAWL!

DaneykoIsGod

Special thanks to thiswontwork for planting the seed of this bar crawl in my head.

Here is the map.

Here's the list of bars:

- Kilkenny Ale House

- Nick's Bar and Restaurant

- McGovern's Tavern

- 60 Park Grill

- The Spot Lounge

- Scully's Publick House

- Brick City Bar & Grill

(Maize is way too classy and Key Club isn't open on Tuesdays, so that's why they were left out)

My party of (at least) eight's train will be arriving in Newark at 1:12 p.m so we'll probably be at Kilkenny around 1:30-1:45ish. None of these bars will be charging cover and a few will have some drink specials, but as of now the only drink specials that seems to be set in stone are 2-for-1 shots and $3 Jager Bombs at The Spot and $2 Bass at BCB&G. I'm not gonna pretend to know what time we'll be at each bar, so if you want to join in while the crawl is in progress, um, good luck (or just Facebook me, exchange phone numbers, and we can coordinate from there).

If you're interested, let me know here or on the crawl's Facebook page. We can maybe plan to meet up at Penn Station or Kilkenny at a set time and get the booze train rolling from there.

:cheers::beerbang::cheers:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the bars were smart they would have all came up with a NJ Dev's special or something. Like you get one of those plastic cups you get at the arena, and you can take that from bar to bar and get atleast one beer is cheap like $1 or $2 draft.

You forgot 27 Mix. Basically across from KilKenny's.

I dunno the order of the route you're taking, but if you're coming from Penn Station you guys should take the light rail(subway) to Washington St and walk north beside the Rutgers campus. It's $0.65 from Penn Station at that time of day.

You forgot 27 Mix. Basically across from KilKenny's.

I dunno the order of the route you're taking, but if you're coming from Penn Station you guys should take the light rail(subway) to Washington St and walk north beside the Rutgers campus. It's $0.65 from Penn Station at that time of day.

We walked past 27 Mix yesterday when doing our (not so) dry run and the place looked closed.

Thanks for the tip about the light rail. Gonna have to look into that.

I might join in this fun.

i will be selling St. Pats Day items (early am hours) outside one of the PATH stations for the people going into the city for the parade. After that i dont know if im going to go to Manhattan to hang around the parade and drink or what. If i dont, maybe I will join up with you guys.

I could even make up some special shirts :-)

How many confirmed do you have?

Where's the fun in being sober around drunks? (actually a lot since it happens every holiday with my family :P )

Photographic evidence :P

How many confirmed do you have?

I know I'm jumping in once work is done!

is this the first annual or second or anything?

This sounds like such a cool idea. I just wish I could hold my alky-hol better.. but I have tix to the game and may leave work early.. but i'll definitely go to BCB&G before the game! Hey anyone know if the goal bar would serve green beer?? LMAO :giggle:

This sounds like such a cool idea. I just wish I could hold my alky-hol better.. but I have tix to the game and may leave work early.. but i'll definitely go to BCB&G before the game! Hey anyone know if the goal bar would serve green beer?? LMAO :giggle:

CMON TIME OFF!!!!!!

By the time you catch up to us it won't matter what color it is :P

I got majorly fvcked with workload on Tuesday. The only reason I'm working at all Tuesday is because it's truck day and I handle recieving since the receiver quit...no big deal, usually two-three skids of merch, two-three hours of work. This week, six skids of merch. Typical.

I'll still catch up with you guys, but probably not 'til towards the end of the line, as I still need to hit at least Hell's Kitchen and possibly the Arena Bar first as well.

Try to catch up to us at The Spot if possible. The owner always hooks us up, and his mom basically adopted me and my buddy into their family last week. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the crawl came to a hault there while free/cheap beers and shots go down like crazy.

I fvcking love that place.

Plus, my friend promised that he would sing karaoke at The Spot on Tuesday. I'm gonna see if we can set it up so he has to sing "It's Raining Men." Drunken hilarity will ensue.

Try to catch up to us at The Spot if possible. The owner always hooks us up, and his mom basically adopted me and my buddy into their family last week. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the crawl came to a hault there while free/cheap beers and shots go down like crazy.

I fvcking love that place.

Plus, my friend promised that he would sing karaoke at The Spot on Tuesday. I'm gonna see if we can set it up so he has to sing "It's Raining Men." Drunken hilarity will ensue.

Yeah, The Spot looks like a good possibility, I'll try to catch up with y'all there.

Hey, DiG, I know you said in your first post that you're not sure on the times, understandably. Just wondering around what time you might make it back to the Rock? I'd like to take part in this, but I'd like to make it for warmups also(yes, I want the best of both worlds, sue me, lol). I'm sure I'd still start out with ya's, but I'd take off early to catch warmups if need be. Thanks!

I'm still trying to get my cousin to say yes to this idea. I also have to work til 2 anyway. Maybe if I had some sort of idea or a way to find out where you guys were..... we could catch up.

I'm still trying to get my cousin to say yes to this idea. I also have to work til 2 anyway. Maybe if I had some sort of idea or a way to find out where you guys were..... we could catch up.

If you're that worried about it... get my cell phone # off of facebook... I should be there by 2pm-ish tomorrow and I can at least pass the phone to someone useful to help ya!

I'd be really surprised if we get to the Rock in time for warmups. My best suggestion would be to hit me up on Facebook and exchange cell numbers so we can coordinate from there. Or just call CRASHER. Also for anyone planning on jumping in, I suggest printing a copy of the map. I really suck at trying to give directions over the phone, especially in a city I don't necessarily know like the back of my hand.