The database crash and further action...

DevilMinder

Yesterday the developers of the software were concerned about the stability of the website and asked me to run two queries. I ran them and the site not only didn't recover but crashed the posts table which is where all the forum posts are located. I got the server admin involved and he had to run the queries after restoring the database with a repair command. He stayed up late to get this to finish this morning. Thanks to Alphaomegahosting.com for the extra help!

I still have one more step, the software can no longer handle the searches on its own because of the large amount of posts and I need to install a third party software. Sphinx, which I am installing, is able to quickly index posts and return results. We had it briefly when it was in beta and it had good results but lagged the server, it is now much more efficient.

That will happen later on today but I don't expect any interruption of service.

Thanks for caring DM -- you really are an awesome host. Over a decade and you still have energy and concern for this.  It's not like the Devils don't know, is the thing.  Someone should request Lou write you a major thank you letter for giving fans an outlet and for giving his lameass marketing team ideas trying over the various years to compete rather than actually work with you. Especially because you ask for nothing.

Do you think you've ever gotten any donation from the organization or anyone connected with the team? Players sites, run by themselves and/or their relatives, their fans -- no one has been as committed to this kind of thing as you have.  You're always good-natured and relaxed about it all too. I wish I was that cool.

I don't get it... I keep complaining to the Devils and news agency...  and they keep saying thanks, but won't tell me what actions they took.   Eventually I'll see some progress against the evil that is NJDevs...  until then; I'll keep on, keeping on.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Edited by aylbert

I don't get it... I keep complaining to the Devils and news agency...  and they keep saying thanks, but won't tell me what actions they took.   Eventually I'll see some progress against the evil that is NJDevs...  until then; I'll keep on, keeping on.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Sweet, now I know who to send the Stark and Stark legal council bill too!

Sweet, now I know who to send the Stark and Stark legal council bill too!

I guess... but I think you know as well as I, it will just be another bill NJCroMag is going to ignore.  

He still hasn't paid up for the girl scout cookies I resold him in '09.

Could the formatting of posts had been messed up at all? I noticed while I was making post earlier, that when I attempted to realign a portion of my post to be center aligned, it would align parts of the post that I had NOT highlighted.

Secondly, I was making a post with a video link and once I did so, as I tried to type above it, there was nothing I could do to rid the font of the underline or color it black again. I could change colors to any other color but the automatic color of black.

Maybe it's just me and I can't figure it out, but I figured if the site was having issues, better to say something than not.

Could the formatting of posts had been messed up at all? I noticed while I was making post earlier, that when I attempted to realign a portion of my post to be center aligned, it would align parts of the post that I had NOT highlighted.

Secondly, I was making a post with a video link and once I did so, as I tried to type above it, there was nothing I could do to rid the font of the underline or color it black again. I could change colors to any other color but the automatic color of black.

Maybe it's just me and I can't figure it out, but I figured if the site was having issues, better to say something than not.

I had a similar issue where I tried to type a post and it wrote it in times new roman and then when i tried to post just said something along the lines of not being able to submit an empty post. I cleared my cookies / cache, restarted browser and it worked again. Haven't seen the issue since. Weird.

I had a similar issue where I tried to type a post and it wrote it in times new roman and then when i tried to post just said something along the lines of not being able to submit an empty post. I cleared my cookies / cache, restarted browser and it worked again. Haven't seen the issue since. Weird.

I actually just tried to do what I was doing before and it worked fine, so maybe it was something weird with the cookies/cache. I did have javascript enabled.

The only other thing I've had an issue with is sometimes the site doesn't remember that I read a thread. In particular, right now, I viewed the last post in the opinion poll for the div playoffs multiple times now and it still bolds the title as if I haven't.