NFL Week 2!

CRASHER

I was talking about Aaron Rodgers ya know.....

it just seemed like always... the Pats were just one step better then the Jets.....

Pats/Bills... there's your heavyweight fight... like the old days!

I realized this. Rodgers looks great... so far. But Favre is doing exactly what I thought he would with a lack of familiarity with the playbook and personnel.

By the way LOTCB: your team looks very good so far.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realized this. Rodgers looks great... so far. But Favre is doing exactly what I thought he would with a lack of familiarity with the playbook and personnel.

You realize I wasn't exactly getting on my knees in front of him to give him head either ya know :P

(maybe why I will never work for ESPN, or I actually know something about a sport or two... that hurts me too!)

By the way LOTCB: your team looks very good so far.

Thanks and your team had an early bye week which kind of sucks for sure!

As for the Bills, Neutral Zone Trap is right: First off, in NO way shape or form are the Bills good enough to think they can just beat anyone...every game needs to be taken seriously, no matter how bad the team is perceived to be

Thanks and your team had an early bye week which kind of sucks for sure!

As for the Bills, Neutral Zone Trap is right: First off, in NO way shape or form are the Bills good enough to think they can just beat anyone...every game needs to be taken seriously, no matter how bad the team is perceived to be

I think the bye was a blessing in disguise. Ed Reed is a HUGE part of our D and he needed a week to rest, same with McGhaee and several others.

As far as the Bills, not annointing them anything yet, it just looks like they are learning how to win.

The hype with Favre's been ridiculous and I don't blame anyone for being sick of it, hell I'm sick of it myself, but maybe if the Jets stop treating him like HE'S Matt Cassel, or Chad or Kellen Clemens they would (gasp) put up more than 20 points in a game. Hell they didn't even throw ONCE on first-and-goal from the three. Three straight runs into the line with Wilfork, Seymour and Warren is just madness.

The running game's been better. They have some receivers - though Coles looks like he's moping. Mangini and Schott don't even use their TE's in the offense, and we traded up for Keller supposedly to be a big part of the offense. Leon can catch the ball out of the backfield and make some plays.

Despite all that and facing a 1-15 team in Week 1 and being behind most of this week, they have under 200 yards passing two straight weeks. To me that's on the coaching more than Favre. When they finally opened it up on the first drive in the fourth quarter, Favre went right down the field. Then of course the defense which played well most of the day couldn't make the big stop then.

Edited by Hasan4978

Has with the billion dollars they invested on the O-Line they SHOULD be able to plunge it into the goalline though....

that goes both ways

the strength of this team SHOULD be the line and the running game.....

that's the main problem

Has with the billion dollars they invested on the O-Line they SHOULD be able to plunge it into the goalline though....

that goes both ways

the strength of this team SHOULD be the line and the running game.....

that's the main problem

From the three yard line? If it was on the one that would be one thing, but on the three is not a gimme. And they didn't even change their formation, they ran the exact same play basically.

Favre's thrown a million TD's to Bubba Franks inside the five, he could have done that easily. Why did they trade for him with all this hype if they're not going to trust him on the goalline?

Well this game turned around quick,( a customery Romo pick-it happens in every game) a dubious pass interference call gives the Eagles a first down resulting in a TD and then a Botched snap and the Eagles have the lead at 20-14, what a crazy game.

I guess if you're going to pick only two series to play DEFENSE on... you pick the last effing two get out of town with your win and be happy :P

reminded me too much of the Giants game in the opener last year.... drove me to buy the force unleashed in a early release sale after!!!

Nice wrap up there Crasher to Week #2. :evil:

I know you will be glad to hear that Cowboys saftey Roy Williams is out at least 3 weeks with a broken right forearm that he sustained in the 3rd quarter last night. :P I noticed he was missing in the secondary late in the game as the defense was playing better and he was on the sidelines in civilian clothes wearing a cast on his right forearm. It was very noticeable seeing Williams, especially when D. Ware sacked McNabb on that 3rd down play towards the Cowboys sideline to wrap up the game.

Nice wrap up there Crasher to Week #2. :evil:

I know you will be glad to hear that Cowboys saftey Roy Williams is out at least 3 weeks with a broken right forearm that he sustained in the 3rd quarter last night. :P I noticed he was missing in the secondary late in the game as the defense was playing better and he was on the sidelines in civilian clothes wearing a cast on his right forearm. It was very noticeable seeing Williams, especially when D. Ware sacked McNabb on that 3rd down play towards the Cowboys sideline to wrap up the game.

:boogie: :boogie:

Damn gotta tell Erika she got a late birthday present last night after that (poor girl hearing me curse him out on the phone last night :blink:)

it is NO coincidence that we started STOPPING people once the statue was out of the game!!!! B )

I go out to the bar when it's a big Monday Night Favre game cause I want to kill the announcers

next week is going to bee unlistenable!!!!!

LOL Crasher. :P

TE Jason Witten got a little banged up as well with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder, but he came back to play and should be fine.

Here is the article from the Cowboys weekly update.

Roy Williams Suffers Fractured Forearm

Pro Bowl safety Roy Williams could be sidelined up to one month after fracturing his right forearm during last night's 41-37 win over the Eagles. Williams suffered the injury in the 3rd quarter while attempting to tackle Eagles kickoff return special Quentin Demps.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed in the postgame locker room that Williams suffered a spiral fracture. Surgery will be performed today (Tuesday) to insert a metal plate. Head coach Wade Phillips will update the team's injury situation during his Monday afternoon press conference. Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten suffered a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder during the game, but returned to action and finished the evening with 7 catches for 110 yards.

The NFC East is one hell of a division.....

the Eagles will be a very good team this year, after two games, that with two of their receivers sidelined, and they are yet another NFL East team with the capabilty to give the Giants a tough time as well as the Cowboys.

Last night's Cowboy's and Eagle's game was one of the best MNF games I've seen in a long long time. The Giants are going to have to come up with a plan to slow both of these offenses down when they play them. Spags and the defense are going to have earn their big money this year

To say Romo chokes, or Romo sucks, McNabb stinks, or Manning Sucks and yada yada is not being realistic.

What we have this year is a wide open conference and one which any of the four teams involved could go all the way. WOW! This is going to be fun to watch. This is what football is all about