OPENING DAY BAR CRAWL

DaneykoIsGod

Last year's St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl was such a wild success that we just can't wait until March to do it again. This will be the official NJDevs thread to discuss, make suggestions, invite friends, so on and so forth. The main question that needs to be answered is this: How does everyone want to do it this time around? We could do the same crawl as last time (Kilkenny, Nick's, McGovern's, 60 Park, The Spot, Scully's, BCB&G), but I honestly feel that's best left as a St. Pat's thing, what with all the Irish places and all. Maybe we could crawl through the Ironbound this time, ending at Hell's Kitchen and Arena Bar? Maybe something different altogether?

Suggest away! If you know of any places within the vicinity of the arena worth checking out, post it here and depending on what route we take maybe we can work it into the crawl. Devils fans of all ages are welcome to join (last time none of the bars checked IDs at the door, probably because they all served food and it was still lunch/dinner time), so even if you aren't quite 21 yet you can still join in the debauchery.

Let's make this one better than St. Pat's. And afterward we can all enjoy the first Devils game of the season rip-roarin drunk in an arena that probably will have some Philadelphians sprinkled throughout. (And if anyone wants to start collections for a post-game bail fund, please do.)

(Also, if anyone wants to post photos from the last crawl, go for it. This way people who missed out last year can get a sense of what to expect.)

DSC00525.jpg

stpats1.jpg

stpats2.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaning toward an Ironbound crawl too. Maybe we start with lunch and sangria at a rodizio down Ferry St. and work our way back to the arena?

Edit: Plus, instead of walking all the way to our first stop like we had to do on St. Pat's, we could hop on one of those Ironbound Trolleys that the Devils set up with the city of Newark.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

I'm leaning toward an Ironbound crawl too. Maybe we start with lunch and sangria at a rodizio down Ferry St. and work our way back to the arena?

Edit: Plus, instead of walking all the way to our first stop like we had to do on St. Pat's, we could hop on one of those Ironbound Trolleys that the Devils set up with the city of Newark.

Any day that starts with Sangria and ends with Jameson or Tullamore, and THEN begins the hockey season...is a very good day in my book.

any bar crawl that is not on the other side of the city from my parking spot... I approve of!!

Regardless this will be most high level of awesomeness!!!

And it gives me something to go HA HA at for those who didn't take me up on season tickets because they love the $10 line :P

any bar crawl that is not on the other side of the city from my parking spot... I approve of!!

Regardless this will be most high level of awesomeness!!!

And it gives me something to go HA HA at for those who didn't take me up on season tickets because they love the $10 line :P

Speaking of, I hear your two additional seats are a hot ticket so far? Do I need to be getting dibs in on a game or two now?

Speaking of, I hear your two additional seats are a hot ticket so far? Do I need to be getting dibs in on a game or two now?

I only have 11 games left that both tickets are available for... so I'd say yes to that B )

We should go, with nmi and DP26... and drink........ coke.

Jack and Coke ... hold the Jack.

the world's first bar crawl with a JV Section :P

It's always good to have sober people around. You know, in case anyone has to talk to the cops.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

We should go, with nmi and DP26... and drink........ coke.

Jack and Coke ... hold the Jack.

the world's first bar crawl with a JV Section :P

It's always good to have sober people around. You know, in case anyone has to talk to the cops.

No, officer, he didn't say "Fvck Philly," he said "Best of luck, Philly," which is when the Flyer Phaggot...I mean fan...started throwing beer and insulting women...so its only natural that, in their drunken stupor, they went down and beat them.

No, officer, he didn't say "Fvck Philly," he said "Best of luck, Philly," which is when the Flyer Phaggot...I mean fan...started throwing beer and insulting women...so its only natural that, in their drunken stupor, they went down and beat them.

Flyers fans ... always burning our women and stealing our churches. Wait a sec ...

I'll see if I can be there. My Dad and I have the season tickets so it really depends on his schedule as I'm not going to sell him out on opening night. :lol:

DOOOOOOOOO IT! I'll bring that cupcake I owe you.

rsc, mb; if your up for it come down here and we'll drive up while hitting every chuck e cheese on the way.

edit: whoa just noticed it was saturday. might be a possibility if I don't have football and can convince my mom to let me walk around newark with my best friends I met on the internets. (or make something up) :lol::rofl:

Maybe the Devils have one of those pre game party's that have been catching on the last few years.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

You know I wanted to, but didn't have the $$ that I could spare at the time(and still don't until my paychecks start rolling in, lol).

Should be fun though, glad to be able to make it again! And a preliminary thanks, DiG, for starting this!

(those of you on the facebook thread saw who invited herself too?? :lol: )

this is gonna be entertaining as hell this year

:evil:

I saw, and I laughed. I figured you invited her and then reminded myself you wouldn't make us all suffer, and then reminded myself again, it's you so you would make us suffer. :P

edit: whoa just noticed it was saturday. might be a possibility if I don't have football and can convince my mom to let me walk around newark with my best friends I met on the internets. (or make something up) :lol::rofl:

Some of us are responsible adults and we can watch over you...... :whistling::rofl:

This thread has doubled, or perhaps even tripled, in awesome in the time I was away for work.

I'm shocked at how big the plans have gotten, I wonder if they hold for two and a half months.

Also, there's someone invited (though declined, I think) on the facebook thread that I want to know who invited him...he's a big time Rangers fan and the best friend of Amanda's ex, she takes great joy in mocking him at every possible turn, so to see him on the list of invitees there made me laugh uproariously for a few minutes.

True story.

Also, there's someone invited (though declined, I think) on the facebook thread that I want to know who invited him...he's a big time Rangers fan and the best friend of Amanda's ex, she takes great joy in mocking him at every possible turn, so to see him on the list of invitees there made me laugh uproariously for a few minutes.

Who are you talking about?