OPENING DAY BAR CRAWL

DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to see how your pre-season opener dry run went?

It went great! I'm uploading photos to Photobucket now and putting together the map on Google. I'll have everything organized and ready to share later tonight.

Thanks again to everyone who gave their input! Stay tuned....

Ugh. I can't afford beer til October 15th. My fvcking car insurance depleted my bank account for 2 paychecks. Have fun.

HERE WE GO ...

The bar crawl's route is finalized. You can find a map of it here. The St. Pat's crawl got started around 1:00-1:30ish, so I see no reason why we shouldn't kick this one off around the same time. If you can't get there that early, exchange phone numbers with me or anyone else on the crawl, give us a call when you're in the area and we'll let you know where we are. Here's a rundown of where we're headed:

1) Blue Comet Bar-Lounge

DSC01117.jpg

2) MMM Bello's Pub

DSC011191.jpg

3) Sagres

DSC01121.jpg

4) Hell's Kitchen

DSC01122.jpg

5) Stadium Sports Bar & Cafe

DSC01123.jpg

6) Arena Lounge

DSC01126.jpg

The crawl will follow a loop starting at Newark Penn Station, where the Blue Comet is (for some reason I thought it was called Cosmo's ... my bad), and ending about two blocks from The Rock. The Blue Comet is our meeting place, so if you wanna arrive early, at least you'll be arriving early to a bar. MMM Bello's is literally right across the street from the train station and has one of the most ridiculous bottled beer selections I've ever seen (draught isn't bad either). Next is Sagres. We crossed MomPou off the list because it was too upscale and fancy. Sagres has none of that pretentiousness about it. Next is the Devils pregame mainstay Hell's Kitchen. After that we'll wander to one of Newark's newest offerings, Stadium Sports Bar & Cafe, a true sports bar in every sense of the word. Finally, we'll wrap things up at Arena Lounge, another Devils pregame favorite.

Any questions? (Other than "Is it October 3rd yet?")

Jamie is going to make a downloadable pdf with a map and poster for our site so everyone can have one. Stay tuned. Nice work Bill.

1-1:30 is late for me! I'm so excited about this day I want to get there asap.

What does everyone wanna start? Noon? Or 1:00 p.m.? Something else? I'm totally down for starting earlier. The earlier we start, the more time we can spend at each place. As it is now, we have about one hour to get to and hang out at each bar.

---- We got an update from your friendly Neighborhood Arena Lounge PR Guy ----

Rumors hot on the wire: There will be a live band playing at the Arena Lounge hours before the game on OPENING DAY to kick off and send off the bar crawl... kinda beats a DJ and is one hell of a way to party... Discounted Bud, Bud light, Miller Lite and More beers from 11-4 on Opening Day with an outdoor bar for the sidewalk.... The Lounge officially got 10 beers on the frozen tap and this year has LandShark as the newest addition... Last item: We're going to be taking a TON of pics of the best fans year during pre-games and word has it they'll be posted on the www.thearenalounge.com website's DEVILS ONLY page that is going up soon, with prizes for Best fan and Sexiest fan--- over and out.

Sorry that I'm this late to the party, but I'm in.

And just for future notice, I'm the guy on the RV line coming into NWPenn who passes out budweisers to everyone with a jersey on. Introduce yourself, and by all means, ask for a beer. Im proud of you RV line Dev's fans. Playoffs last year we got through almost 60 buds and about 12 lets go devils chants from Raritan to Newark. I'm thinking we can get through at least a thirty on Sat Afternoon.

I appreciate the salute, but I don't even have to sneak it on....NJ transit doesn't have any policy against alcohol. The first few times my friends and I even asked before cracking open a brew and the NJT people said as long as we're not causing trouble for them, we're good to go.

Now the bums that get on and hide in the bathroom to sneak a stop or two without paying...that's who they're really after

The Facebook page for this event is now up to 50 confirmed guests. While I really doubt that everyone who confirms on Facebook will actually be there (similar thing happened last year), if we have even half of that it'll be ridiculous.

I Didn't know the crawl had a Facebook page... anyway Im bringing two friends, so I guess that makes 53 now.