OPENING DAY BAR CRAWL

DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daneyko - you gonna visit "home" (Arena Lounge) or no?

HELL YEAH WE WILL BE..... ahem. hahahaa :D

Oh, and Bill, let me know if you figured out a plan or a map. I can probably make a map or something on Photo Shop to post and copy to hand out that day to make this legit as possible. :)

HELL YEAH WE WILL BE..... ahem. hahahaa :D

Oh, and Bill, let me know if you figured out a plan or a map. I can probably make a map or something on Photo Shop to post and copy to hand out that day to make this legit as possible. :)

Thanks. I'm actually working on a tentative map on Google that right now just looks like a bunch of blue dots leading to the arena. After a dry run or two it should get narrowed down. I'm still very open to suggestions for places to hit in the Ironbound.

Here's what's been suggested so far:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=108223814631270464605.000472f0a75c26fcb8afe&t=h&z=15

Thanks. I'm actually working on a tentative map on Google that right now just looks like a bunch of blue dots leading to the arena. After a dry run or two it should get narrowed down. I'm still very open to suggestions for places to hit in the Ironbound.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=108223814631270464605.000472f0a75c26fcb8afe&t=h&z=15

Casa Nova Grill on Ferry St, seems pretty nice place. But we already two brazilian places on the list. And I confess I never really went to any of those place. (apart from Hell's Kitchen).

So I'm not making a big lobby about this

Another thingie. There is Casa Nova adams and Casa Nova Laffayette, those are mostly take out, not sure if they have a full bar.

Oh word. I figured I could actually like Google map that sh!t but with a route and some numbers and a listing. I don't know, I like stupid things like that. Hahahaaa

Preliminary idea for the crawl:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=108223814631270464605.0004733fe089729a84280&t=h&z=17

Bear with me, I don't know how to number the spots on the map. But this is how I see it going. Remember, none of this is set in stone. Suggestions and feedback are more than welcome.

1) Cosmo's Lounge (or whatever the bar in Newark Penn is called) - That's right, we're gonna kick this off in that seedy little joint in the shadowy corners of Newark Penn Station. This way we can use the station as our central meeting place and people who show up early will have something to do while waiting for the stragglers.

2) MMM Bello's Pub - This place is right behind Newark Penn and comes very highly recommended by NJDevs' resident Newark blogger QuadeConnelly. From all I've heard, this sounds like a perfect pregame bar.

3) Sagres - Our first taste of a traditional "Ironbound" bar.

4) MomPou - Yet another traditional "Ironbound" bar. These places may be a little too upscale/fancy/whatever for a rowdy Devils brigade like ourselves, but A) on any bar crawl it's always good to have places where you won't be too tempted to stay for more than one round, and B) if, on our dry run, we find these places don't really fit in with what we're looking for in a pregame bar, we could just as easily scratch these places or replace them with something else we find or a place that has yet to be recommended.

5) Hell's Kitchen - This place's reputation as a Devils pregame bar speaks for itself.

6) Arena Lounge - See above.

7) Prudential Center - GAME TIME!

The crawl follows a loop this year as opposed to the straight line we followed on St. Patty's Day. It's still easy to navigate and has no walks longer than three or four blocks between bars. Stops 3 and 4 are the question marks in my eyes. But I'm interested in knowing what the rest of you think. Fire away.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

It looks like my parents are gonna join up for the bar crawl. Nothing like two generations binge drinking like the degenerates they are to solidify the family bond. :lol:

World's first bar crawl with JV AND Seniors sections?! :lol:

God bless ya man, I can't even imagine drinking with my parents, let alone getting hammered at a bar crawl with 'em.

World's first bar crawl with JV AND Seniors sections?! :lol:

God bless ya man, I can't even imagine drinking with my parents, let alone getting hammered at a bar crawl with 'em.

The old man plans bar crawls through NYC with his Navy buddies. I think it's in our blood or something.

This new Bricktop Sports Bar and Grill place a few blocks down from Arena Lounge sounds promising. Gonna check it out on the dry run on Thursday. If it looks good and Sagres and MomPou don't fit in, we can scratch those two and squeeze the new joint in between Hell's Kitchen and Arena Lounge.

I love it when a plan comes together.

So how many bars did you guys decide on in the end?

It's probably gonna be in the 5-7 bars range. Testing it Thursday. Any last minute suggestions? Right now it's tentatively Cosmo's in Newark Penn, MMM Bello's, Sagres, MomPou, Hell's Kitchen, Bricktop Sports Bar & Grill and Arena Lounge.

Hey guys, I am a CT fan that will be down for the opener (as well as all the Atlantic games). I am down to join your crawl if you will have us. Unfortunately I will be bringing a Flyers fan with me, but he should provide good fodder for our verbal assaults.

-Jarhead

Edited by Jarhead SGT

Hey Jarhead! Of course you should join... Jamie and I are bringing my friend Allison who is a Flyers fan too so your buddy will have someone to talk to.

Watch this board for the finalization of the bar crawl after Bill does his dry run and we talk about it.

Also we'll try to put up a poster or printable map and schedule on www.haveanotherdoughnut.com

Because this girl is one of my best friends and is a casual Flyers fan, not a diehard that's going to be nasty and just wants to have fun with some friends.

If that bothers you, I'll tell her to stay home.

We're not like them... we can talk with fans of other teams given they are respectful.

edit: and hey, she's single. So feel free to take a shot at her and convert her to a Devs fan. That wouldn't be hard.

Edited by njdevil26

Okay then. But it's been on my mind for a while...

I would agree with you if someone brought an opposing fan that was a jerk and took things way to seriously. But we're all there to have a good time. So Everyone's cool in my book.

My friend Allison knows the kind of crap that will get thrown back at her if she says anything haha. She's nervous enough as it is.

I would agree with you if someone brought an opposing fan that was a jerk and took things way to seriously. But we're all there to have a good time. So Everyone's cool in my book.

My friend Allison knows the kind of crap that will get thrown back at her if she says anything haha. She's nervous enough as it is.

she'll be converted into a devils fan before the crawl is over, any casual fan that will have this much fun will want to root for the same team as the others. LOL, i hope!