Speculation - Ken Daneyko replacing Chico as Color Commentator?

Jerzey

Not to say Chico didn't adequately display emotion, but sometimes he gave too much credit to the other team. fvck the other team. I want my home color guy to focus on what the Devils are doing wrong if they're fvcking up- I don't need him slobbering the opposition, which I think Chico has a tendency to do sometimes in order to prove to some he's not as big of a homer as he's perceived to be. I don't want Dano to be afraid to be a homer. Team color guys are supposed to be homers.

He did this especially for goalies. There's always been this mythical NHL goalies "union" so he'd always slobber over big saves more than big goals. If the Devils were robbed when the really needed a goal, Chico would get very excited (but never as much as for a big Brodeur save)

Not to say Chico didn't adequately display emotion, but sometimes he gave too much credit to the other team. fvck the other team. I want my home color guy to focus on what the Devils are doing wrong if they're fvcking up- I don't need him slobbering the opposition, which I think Chico has a tendency to do sometimes in order to prove to some he's not as big of a homer as he's perceived to be. I don't want Dano to be afraid to be a homer. Team color guys are supposed to be homers.

I'm the opposite. I know what the Devils are doing wrong; I watch every game. The commentators get paid at least in part for their ability to impart information to me on the other team, which I'm less likely to know. I have no problem with color guys being homers, but I also want to hear more about the other team. It's the main reason I hate the Rags guys.

Also, Doc and Chico are my favorite team ever, and while Doc was obviously the best, Chico played a huge part in that for me as well. I think Cangi and Dano will be fine -- Cangi's gotten much better -- but Chico, with all his imperfections, was special. He was also one of the nicest guys I've ever met. It was great listening to him, especially when Doc teased him, and I wish him nothing but the best.

Edited by mouse

I still think his retirement is because they stopped "Chico Greets and Eats!" They are starving him out! :)

On a serious note...this has been talked about by Chico as posted here some months back. I will miss all the Chicoisms!

http://www.chicoresch.com/chico_resch_quotes.asp

Some of the quotes on that site are hilarious. I'm really going to miss these guys because Doc and Chico are a part of my childhood. Whenever I watched the Devils they were the voice, and like a lot of people here, I watched a lot of games. Also, the Devils and their fans have been incredibly lucky with the broadcasting talent they have had. Really not that high on Steve even though, credit where its due, he has gotten a lot better.

Admit I disliked Steve when he first started doing PBP. Not that he was particularly bad at it, but I thought he was a bit smarmy and heard he might've been a Rag fan. That said he has grown on me and I love his SHAT SCAR calls now