Rumor: Deal Done

Jas0nMacIsaac

A very respected poster at HF has said that lockout is over and a deal will be announced tomorow. About 50 minutes ago another story leaked that Tim Taylor (Tampa player rep) beleives the lockout will be over tomorow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A very respected hockey analyst (Bob Mckenzie) just posted on HF that he has not heard the same info as the other poster, i believe Mckenzie on that one

Let's shoot this "Tim Taylor" theory down.....

SabresInsider.com has learned more about Tim Taylor's statement to JP Peterson of WFLA-TV in Tampa, Florida:

"I went out and did a school visit and I had a feeling that today was going to be a go, that we were going to get back on the ice. I find it puzzling that they (the league) would be meeting all night and not come out with something. I think this is it, that they will come out with a new deal."

Doesn't exactly sound like he's on the inside of things, now does it?

A very respected poster at HF has said that lockout is over and a deal will be announced tomorow. About 50 minutes ago another story leaked that Tim Taylor (Tampa player rep) beleives the lockout will be over tomorow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A very respected hockey analyst (Bob Mckenzie) just posted on HF that he has not heard the same info as the other poster, i believe Mckenzie on that one

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know...I am keepin up to date on the issue.

Hey, I heard from a guy who was unclogging a toilet in Lou's luxury box that the season is going to start during the halftime of the superbowl. Woo hoo!

this is a sad day. I think we all know that while some reported a season cancellation of 48 hours yesterday and other officials denied it, with no further dates set to talk, this is it. What was left of a 2004-05 season as we know it is finished.

:evilcry:

True, and this would be the best time to start up with the conclusion of football this Sunday, you could maximize the potential number of fans at this point. And while I always hope I'll wake up one morning and see the words I've been wanting to see since September 16th, I fear this is going to last a lot longer than any of us can imagine. A 28 game season and then what kind of playoffs? I read earlier, and this might be true at this point, it would be an insult to Lord Stanley's Cup to award it this year. It's just a shame it's come down to this. Really, I think all we need is closure at this point. Bob, Garry, if we all know a season is not going to happen at this point, just cancel it and be done with it. Why drag what little fan base is left through the mud while we all know your "fundamental" differences won't be satisfied until the other gives in. Personally, I feel they can only do more damage by not saying this season is done and over with and continuously raising and killing the hopes of it's small but faithful fan base.

In the first year of the NHL, 1917, the playoffs started after each team played 22 games.

Well, each team except for the Montreal Wanderers who had to withdraw from the NHL because their rink burnt down.

Point being: There are plenty of names on that cup that only played a 30 game regular season or less.

Edited by Don

point taken. But how many teams were there? After the Wanderers withdrew, 3 teams existed. And later on in the 20's, you saw at most 10 teams and at shortly after that, 6 for a good deal of time. With a condensed schedule as much as we will see if the season actually takes place, you would only see division opponents being played, but when all is said and done, you wouldn't be competing against them for the cup, unlike the early years of the NHL with 6 teams. Granted when 10 teams existed you did have two seperate divisions, but I don't know enough about the playoff structure back then to compare it to now.

every team on the current cup has played at least 48 games right? The very old rings were removed from the cup and added to the other one they have at the hall of fame? or is it kept at the very top

Edited by '7'

I'm not sure. For the most part, yes. But the bowl up top originally had some old names and teams engraved. That bowl was retired a long time ago as it became brittle, but I'm not sure if they duplicated the engravings on the new bowl. Otherwise, yes, you are correct.

from http://njdevils.info/nhl/history.php?show=scf

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup,

certain requirements must be met:

* A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals.

* In 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

what a surprise another rumor aboutt he lock out ending being wrong...

people they did 11 hours yesterday and it went like this:

Owners: CAP

NHLPA : NO CAP

Then for some idiotic reason they decided to do the same thing today for another 4 hours!!!!

and these bafoons get paid!!