22 replies to this topic

#21 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

How do the Giants have 'less' on offense than other teams? Nicks and Cruz are elite talents at WR, and a healthy Bradshaw (which he wasn't for most of the second half) is a fine back. They're not as deep as the Packers or Saints but they do have weapons. Hell, all Stafford has is Calvin Johnson and a bunch of second-tier guys with zero running game and he threw for 5000+ with big numbers.

If you're going to vote on most valuable based on how many games the team would win without them, it's almost impossible. We don't know how many wins the Giants would get without Eli, the Saints would get without Brees, this version of the Pats would get without Brady, all we know is what the Colts got without Peyton a year after getting ten and being in the playoffs. So by that standard HE should get the MVP :P Or Cutler, look at how good the Bears were with him and how horrid they became without him, and their best receiver (whoever that is) would be the #4 guy on the Giants.

Losing top targets Boss and Smith going into the season, playing in front of a terrible offensive line with no run game (finishing dead last in the league!); Eli has carried the Giants this year. Nicks is very shaky at WR, not very smart and has drops at terrible times. Cruz has been a savior this year, but Eli has to get some credit in his rise being able to get him the ball. Three guys unheard of playing tight end and fullback off the scrap heap and Eli has managed to turn those guys into weapons.

Without a doubt, this year shows how elite of a quarterback Eli is.

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

more bodies piling up from NFL Front Offices....

Jim Caldwell and Bill Polian out in Indy....and anyone with a suit and clipboard in St Louis is outta here too.....(and still Garrett has a job.... :rant: )

(edit: scratch that....Caldwell not fired YET....I'd think if he's not the Colts are leaning towards keeping Peyton and trading that pick too)

Edited by CRASHER, 02 January 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

...and 90 minutes later Caldwell IS gone...oops :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users