• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Your 2013-2014 starting lineup:

Elias-Zubrus-Jagr

Zidlicky-Salvador

Brodeur

No way Zubrus starts out on the first line

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#62 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Your 2013-2014 starting lineup:

Elias-Zubrus-Jagr

Zidlicky-Salvador

Brodeur

Almost 230 years of life experience in one line!

(Dear God..)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#63 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

They may not be able to sustain a high level of play over the course of a season but everyone will be damned to think a Jagr/Elias combo won't wreak havoc on some level.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#64 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

They may not be able to sustain a high level of play over the course of a season but everyone will be damned to think a Jagr/Elias combo won't wreak havoc on some level.

That's a ton of hockey sense and instinct right there, hope it can actually play out the way I picture it could.

#65 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

This is pretty cool. Never would've thought when I was a kid that I would one day see Jagr in a Devils jersey. Oh, and I love this move too since it will help the offense out a lot.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#66 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't remember them playing very well during the world cup or the olympics in year's past.   On paper it sounds good, but hockey is not played on paper.    I am hoping that Patty can breath some life into him.  

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#67 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I don't think the Devils will be signing Brunner.  I think they will be moving a defenseman and one of the kids will play the point, either on the 1st or 2nd PP unit.

Who do you expect they'll be able to ship out and how?

#68 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Almost 230 years of life experience in one line!

(Dear God..)

You're good at math.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#69 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

UH OH! Maybe deal isn't done!

1. @jcamps30 @billmeltzer @zdenek_janda Idk about everyone else, but I'm waiting on Lou. JJ already leaked enough already.

2. @MichelleKenneth @jcamps30 @zdenek_janda C'mon... Lou LOVES it when info leaks out, especially in advance of team being ready to announce ;)

3. @billmeltzer @jcamps30 @zdenek_janda Yeah...I remember NJD's reaction after they figured out Kovy had been talking to me.

4. @MichelleKenneth @billmeltzer @jcamps30 Jagr made absolutely no comments during the last days...So the contract could be saved:)

5. @zdenek_janda maybe not after what I just found out.

1dun.jpg

#70 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

UH OH! Maybe deal isn't done!

OK except for one of them, I have no idea who the rest of those people are.  Why should we listen to them then?

#71 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, lot of nothing here.  I do wish that players would actually, you know, get signed and there wouldn't have to be this will-they-or-won't-they teeter-tottering.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#72 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

Zdenek is the one who broke the news in the first place and Michelle is scary good in her reporting. IDK which one you don't know. If you read Michelle's article on Kovy after he left and how much he confided in her, you'd believe every thing she says. Also she's just got that creepy quality to her in the fact she predicts a ton of stuff before it happens. 

1dun.jpg

#73 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

God I fvcking hate twitter.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#74 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

God I fvcking hate twitter.

I'm sure if you should all know that I don't just post BS twitter sh!t from just anyone. Ok, I did a long time ago from Insiderrrrrrrrr, but still. If I didn't trust the sorce I wouldn't post it here. I'm not sure if Michelle is kidding with her last comment or not, she didn't get back to a couple of us on there when we asked her.

1dun.jpg

#75 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Zdenek is the one who broke the news in the first place and Michelle is scary good in her reporting. IDK which one you don't know. If you read Michelle's article on Kovy after he left and how much he confided in her, you'd believe every thing she says. Also she's just got that creepy quality to her in the fact she predicts a ton of stuff before it happens. 

What did she say about Kovy?

#76 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I'm sure if you should all know that I don't just post BS twitter sh!t from just anyone. Ok, I did a long time ago from Insiderrrrrrrrr, but still. If I didn't trust the sorce I wouldn't post it here. I'm not sure if Michelle is kidding with her last comment or not, she didn't get back to a couple of us on there when we asked her.

I'm not just talking about you, coors. I just mean the whole twitter verse bullsh!t. Millions of insiders we all for some reason trust.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#77 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

What did she say about Kovy?

Here's the article.

http://insidehockey....p.xWUtCarM.gbpl

On Thursday, July 11th, the New Jersey Devils released more shocking news into the hockey world.  Ilya Kovalchuk decided to retire from the NHL to play in Russia.

Before discussing this further, I need to share a little background about my relationship with Kovalchuk.  Covering the New Jersey Devils, Kovalchuk made me privy to certain information not available to the general media.  These are items that I chose to either print, not print, or wait to print.

Edited by Coorslight, 22 July 2013 - 04:09 PM.

1dun.jpg

#78 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

All I know is that half of Twitter are "insiders" and I guess if they have a blog which anyone else can get/do it makes them extra legit.

#79 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'm not just talking about you, coors. I just mean the whole twitter verse bullsh!t. Millions of insiders we all for some reason trust.

Oh I totally agree that most of what is on there is complete sh!t...that's why I don't follow a lot of them lol

1dun.jpg

#80 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

So some crazy blogger chick who thinks she has a relationship with Kovalchuk is a valid source?    She said that he would sign with the Devils initially.  No sh!t, there were two suitors and Lombardi was going cheap.   The writing on the wall that it would be LA/NJ in the winter, you could go on capgeek and figure that out.

Honestly she reads like the social media version of Elias' stalker.   And her Olympic article is all over the place and wrong.   The hockey building is done and has been done, they played the WJC at it.    And the NHL wasn't dragging their feet because of "shoddy" buildings, the Olympics has been accounted for in the schedule for months.   Why does she think the outdoor games are framed around the Olympics?  Total happenstance?

Edited by maxpower, 22 July 2013 - 04:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users