118 replies to this topic

#101 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

did anyone here end up at hells kitchen after the game? i was hammered there. the firemen with the bagpipes came through, it was a great time

I ate there before the game. Hell's Kitchen rocks.

#102 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

St. Patty's Day was my first trip over to Scully's and man was I disappointed. Two bartenders, wait let me rephrase, two airhead bartenders on St. Patty's Day before a sold out Devils game???? WTF? We waited 20 minutes and watched exactly 2 people get drinks on our side of the bar and decided to leave. Absolutely pathetic. I'm sticking with Hell's Kitchen from now on.

#103 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

The crawl was extremely fun and made me extremely drunk. :cheers:
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#104 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:04 AM

I second that!! :dance: :cheers:

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#105 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

Hey guys probably Monday gonna post some pictures of the crawl

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#106 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:33 AM

Was the Port 44 brewery open?

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#107 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

Nah not yet. It should be opening very soon though. :evil:

#108 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

I noticed in all the recent articles that this seems to be the Devil's choice for the annual throwback jersey day which I think is both appropriate and very cool. :cheers:

#109 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hey everyone its a little over a month before the 3rd Annual Pub Crawl!! Any word if this is going down again before the Caps-Devs game on the 18th?? Let's start planning!

#110 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

I'm officially retired from these Bar Crawls. My buddy (who posts here from time to time under the handle ILikeItVeryMuch) took the reins for the Opening Day crawl this year. I don't know if he plans on organizing St. Patty's Day too. If he is, I'll point ya'll in his direction. If not, best of luck to whoever does take it over. I'll help in whatever way I can.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#111 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Tis a shame, just knowing you guys did it made me proud.

#112 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

Well I'd like to do it again and I'll try and organize it. Just point me in the direction of what to do like if you let the bars we went to know we were coming or what meeting space did you tell everyone to meet at. I'd be more than happy to take this on!

#113 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

I'll be coming up with a crew from Washington. I hope to run into you guys somewhere along the line.

#114 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Well I'd like to do it again and I'll try and organize it. Just point me in the direction of what to do like if you let the bars we went to know we were coming or what meeting space did you tell everyone to meet at. I'd be more than happy to take this on!

The buddy who headed up the Opening Day crawl is a teacher now, so I don't think he'll be organizing a boozefest on a school day this year. :lol:

Here's the bars we did last time, in order:
1. Kilkenny Ale House
2. Nick's In Newark
3. McGovern's Tavern
4. 60 Park Grill
5. The Spot Lounge
6. Scully's Publick House
7. Brick City Bar & Grill

Keep it the same, add something, drop something, do whatever you like. Just one suggestion, Port 44 has opened since the last time we did this crawl. That's a cool place that might be worth adding to the list. It's right across the street from The Spot, so it'd be an easy add that isn't out of the way at all.

If you Google these places you can usually find their phone numbers. It might be a good idea to call and see how early these places will be open on the 18th. Since it'll just be another Friday rather than St. Patty's Day itself like the last two years, some places might not be open until the evening. But if they're open, they were always happy to see a big group roll in ready to put a few back (especially 60 Park ... that place has been dead the two times we went there). Kilkenny, Nick's and The Spot hooked us up with some free shots. Usually the crawls are a mess toward the end and I don't know if we've ever actually made it to BCB&G in the two years we did it.

I think we used Newark Penn as our meeting place both years too. It's optimal for any train-takers and isn't too far away from any parking lots for any drivers. Maybe even list the shady little dive bar in the station as your first bar on the crawl. Or maybe that bar in the Gateway. I don't know its name, but that could be a pretty sweet meet-up spot.

Something to keep in mind is what time you're starting and how much time that leaves for each bar. It isn't much fun if it's too rushed (like 20 minutes per bar, plus walking time to the next place), and if you spend too much time at one spot you're defeating the purpose of the crawl. I think we usually did about one hour per stop, including walking time. When it's almost time to go to the next stop, give everyone a heads up so they have time to finish their drinks.

That's pretty much everything I can think of off the top of my head. Best of luck to ya! And if there's any other info I can pass along to help you out, I'd be more than happy to oblige.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#115 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

LOL yea Mr. Teach won't be able to.

Yea we never made it to BCB&G. I believe last year we started at like 1:30pm almost certain. I would like to add Port 44 to crawl. Penn Station is definately a good meet up spot; I know the bar in Gateway youre talking about that seems like a good spot or that spot between the pizza place and Blue Comet.

Thanks for the info bro I appreciate it

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673, 10 February 2011 - 01:30 AM.

#116 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:17 AM

Ok everyone its getting close to the date. Id like to know who would like to do this so please answer here or PM me and let me know.

60 Park Grill seems to have closed temporarily while they transfer their liquor liscense to a new owner. I dont know if itll be open by the time of the 18th.

Port 44 will be added to the list and I think the order from last year will be fine. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas.

LGD!!!

#117 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

Just an FYI - The 18th is the day of the Newark St. Patrick's Day parade, so I'm going to guess that a lot of the bars will be open early..but you definitely want to plan ahead. The parade starts at 1pm at the Rock.

#118 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

Normally the organizer makes a FB group

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#119 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Any other word on this?
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users