OT: Will the Isles choke?

smelly

They and DiPietro got their butts whomped tonite. They now sit only 4 pts ahead of Buff -- both teams have 12 games left, while Buff has one more win. I went on record here awhile back stating that the Sabres would not make it. Will I be wrong? Looks like I could be . . .

No, I still think the Isles will make it. They've gone through a real rough patch but I think they'll get over it soon, as in tomorrow vs. the Ducks. 1 win in 9 games, this team isn't that bad. Yashin and Parrish are finally back and should hit there stride soon.

The Isles will be in the playoffs.

I was on record as saying I believed the Sabres would make the cut. But I thought they would be able to catch the Habs. Not the Isles. The Sabres still have a lot of work to do. Both teams have just 12 games left and the Sabres know they need to have more wins to beat out the Isles. That's if they finish tied because if they had same amount of wins as the Isles, they'd be out due to losing the season series 0-4.

I would love to see Buffalo get in and an Isles choke. Gotta admit the end of that Sharks game tonight was something else. Great save by Nabokov preventing Aucoin from tying it. And kudos to the Sabres for not getting down when Boston got a late goal. Instead, Satan tied it and got them a much needed point.

Jeanneret's call was great. He is the best for a reason!

you forgot the even greater save on Czerkawski, Nabokov stops it with his helmet sprawling on the ice with 15 seconds left.

Dipietro really let them down in the 2nd period, his wandering antics cost them every other game.

The Isles will probably make it, but they should be considered a first round bye for the #1 seed. They really suck.

Let's hope they remember to suck when they play us down the stretch.

Brett Hullisms:

"It's difficult to score without shooting the puck."

"Conditioning isn't the only thing that decides hockey games. If it was, the NHL would be scouting for players in YMCA classes."

"At age 17, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux were headed for greatness. At age 17, I was headed for donuts."

Nice sig Sue :rofl: . Brett Hull for commissioner!

i've seen 7 islander games this year...

6 vs. the rangers and the first game leetch played for toronto.

clearly my opinion of them is not very high. granted it may have been their 7 worst games, but still, i think whomever plays them should win in 5 at most.

I was on record as saying I believed the Sabres would make the cut. But I thought they would be able to catch the Habs. Not the Isles. The Sabres still have a lot of work to do. Both teams have just 12 games left and the Sabres know they need to have more wins to beat out the Isles. That's if they finish tied because if they had same amount of wins as the Isles, they'd be out due to losing the season series 0-4.

I would love to see Buffalo get in and an Isles choke. Gotta admit the end of that Sharks game tonight was something else. Great save by Nabokov preventing Aucoin from tying it. And kudos to the Sabres for not getting down when Boston got a late goal. Instead, Satan tied it and got them a much needed point.

Jeanneret's call was great. He is the best for a reason!

Man I hope you are right Derek21, right now Buffalo is hanging on by a thread, they almost have no margin for error.

Right now Id agree with '7' and say the Islanders will get the 8th seed, the Isles are really struggling but still lead by 4...law of averages suggest the Isles will start to win again soon

HUGE key is tonight and Saturday...if the Sabres can somehow, someway win at Boston (Sabres have had a real hard time with Boston so far) and even if the Islanders can lose or tie, if it gets down to 2 or 3 pts with the Sabres having more wins, then Ill start REALLY thinking they can pull it off....

Just MAKING the playoffs is my "Lord Stanley" to be honest, I dont even dare to dream about the real Cup...as a matter of fact I have beat around an idea of making a copper colored Cup and if the Sabres qualify for the playoffs, Ill parade around my apartment with the Cup, heck, Ill even engrave the players names on it!! :lol:

All together now!!!

LETS GO SABRES!!!! :clap::clap:

Edited by Legend Of the Clown Banner

I had the Sabres out a few days ago, but man the Isles are flirting with disaster too often. One of these years they are going to choke and it won't be pretty. Last year they would have choked except the Ranger$ were just as inept as they were. I think the Sabres can do it, if they get the goaltending down the stretch.

Even if they do make the playoffs I agree they are a bye for whoever they play in the first round, except us perhaps but I'm not sure we'll get to the #1 seed anyway.

jennaretts bos vs buff playoff call was the best--MAY DAY! MAY DAY!MAY DAY!MAY DAY!------------swampy

Oh man I still get chills when I think about that...been a die hard Sabres fan since 1983 then...it took me that long (11 years) to see the Sabres get out of the FIRST ROUND! LOL