your feelings on Parise's contract

Mayday

59 members have voted

1. 1. Parise signs a one year contract, good or bad for his future with the franchise?

• Good
    • Bad
  2. 2. Who do you feel most frustated with, Parise or Lou?

• Parise
    • Lou
    • other interference affected negotiaion(ownership, CBA)
  3. 3. Would Parise leaving the team via free agency put the franchise in jeoparady?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do YOU think Parise remains here after this season?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. At the deadline, if still in playoff contention(no Parise extension)do you trade Parise for a package thats decent but no super?

• Yes
    • No

Its good that he is here this season. It gives time to get Parise to sign a longer more stable contract before this time next year. If he does leave instead of signing a large contract...well good for him. The franchise wont crumble. He is part of a really good team. Him leaving wouldnt effect the team so much. I do see him signing a long contract here with us (within the 8-10 range).

He wont be traded for anything. His options are either sign a long contract or go to market. Lou wouldnt trade Parise for anything.

Im not frustrated with either side, its just part of the sport and business. I dont think everyone really remembers that....

Edited by Quinn01

Seriously? Everyone's feelings on the Parise contract are in the other 4 threads about Parise's contract.

Seriously. I know the discussion in the other threads but I wanted to get a better understanding on how to the board feels. One person thinks this 1 yr deal is a good sign another sees it as a bad thing. I created the poll to get a better understanding number wise on how to board feels.

Seriously. I know the discussion in the other threads but I wanted to get a better understanding on how to the board feels. One person thinks this 1 yr deal is a good sign another sees it as a bad thing. I created the poll to get a better understanding number wise on how to board feels.

And what would you do with the results? Who cares how others feel it is how YOU feel about it. Will you really be swayed either way according to the results? You can see on the other threads how individuals feel.

Sorry I just do not see how this is important

And what would you do with the results? Who cares how others feel it is how YOU feel about it. Will you really be swayed either way according to the results? You can see on the other threads how individuals feel.

Who cares if its important or not?let it be, Its a message board, were not getting paid here to produce or do anything productive. If its really an useless thread just ignore it and it may get buried cause nobody else would post...

Its the off season, its sunday, people are bored and are trying to get discussions going, so if you dont feel like participating stay out thats all

Doesn't have to be important but this is really redundant. Does it matter what the results are? A few polls here are interesting but this is just silly when there are other threads and you can gauge from the other thread most people are fine with the signing and a few are not. There you go and saved you time from voting.

I know it is summer and news is slow but this is a little silly when there are thread after thread on this

This is what happens when something big happens like Parise signing a basic contract. 5 threads pop up. Its better to have 6 threads in my opinion about one topic then it being dead and having no one to actually have educated conversations about the main reason we are all here to begin with.

Its not a big deal, yeah Its annoying but just humor the man. :cheers:

I have a lot of thoughts about the contract coupled with the Brian Rolston trade.

First, the Rolston trade was good because it freed up cap space this year for Parise's contract. However, with Zach taking a 1 year deal - we could have kept Rolston and Parise without any worries about the cap. With Parise's contract, I rather we kept Rolston and let him play out the one year at 5 mil rather than stuck with a 2 mil cap hit for 2 seasons, which infringes into the next season. Sure, there is a lot more cap room but if we could have rid the contracts right away, in 1 year, it is more worthwhile.

With the contract, I don't know. Lundqvist was able to work this out with the Rangers. I am holding my thoughts until more is known. But this is a contract that has to be extended in January or early Feb when it can be extended. If Zach isn't looking to stretch the contract, you have to move him because this franchise cannot afford to lose a player of Parise's caliber without a return. However, sign him sign him sign him if you can.

Get a better idea on how others feel. I don't feel like going through 10 pages and I like to think the more intelligent hockey fans have opionion worth hearing, it may not sway on how I feel but it can give me a much better view on things

I just don't like how question 2 assumes I'm frustrated with someone.. There should be a "I'm content" option.. Otherwise, good thread

I selected "Other" because my frustration is with the ownership issues and Parise's knee. If it wasn't for those two factors, I honestly believe Zach would be a lifetime Devil right now. But it is what it is, and given current circumstances I don't think we could've realistically expected a better outcome.

I can't really answer any of the poll questions -- it's not that they're irrelevant or anything -- I just see things differently I guess.

The Parise contract - I'm glad they avoided arbitration - that I can say.

All the rest is just now it's more of the same with the Devils. I expect he will be free to test the market come next July. The Devils will have a big mama of an offer in the ready -- but Zach has to CHOOSE the Devils as the last step in earning the money.

He he (EDIT: did I just stutter?) doesn't choose the Devils best offer then he doesn't belong on the Devils. That's the organizations way -- except with Kovalchuk - which left a bad taste in everyone's mouth -- just SOME old faithful fans got their minds blown away completely - losing all perspective and logic (Mahaughaughmantammaughcough).

That's my expectation. and I'm OK enough with that. I thrive on praise and it's very difficult for me to be patient. But I also am inordinately fond of the truth -- and for me -- I think I'd take the deal from the Devils if it was in keeping with all other offers. In keeping to me would be give or take 2 million if I understood the situation.

Bottom line -- wiht this contract, it's now in everyone's best interest for the Devils to win the Cup this year -- so I'm fine with the deal :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

The thing about Hunter is that, well, he's not Brian Rolston. Worst case scenario is that he doesn't work out at all and we hide his cap hit in the minors. Unless you thought Rolston was going to be a valuable asset on the team next year, there's no reason to be upset about this trade.

Now that they are buying out Hunter, it makes perfect sense. Lou originally said that Hunter would be on the team next season, now I have no problem.