Hitchcock the Deliusional

minime

from a star ledgar article:

Esche got away from his primary focus a bit as the Flyers wound down their season.

"One of the major reasons he struggled was he got too far ahead of himself, waiting for this time," Hitchcock said. "Any goalie you talk to, it's just a natural tendency of a young guy to get excited and get ahead of the curve, and he loses his focus on the moment. He's recognized that. As this thing got closer and closer, he got more and more excited about Thursday instead of playing at (the level) where he was before, and I think he lost focus for a little bit."

is this guy out of his mind?? first his "we're over our mindset that we can't beat the devils" crap and now he's making lame excuses for esche sucking at the end of the season? hes been talking crap all year long - hey, until your team wins a PLAYOFF SERIES, you cant say anything. sounds like someones still a little stewed over 2000...

Esche got away from his primary focus a bit as the Flyers wound down their season.

"One of the major reasons he struggled was he got too far ahead of himself, waiting for this time," Hitchcock said. "Any goalie you talk to, it's just a natural tendency of a young guy to get excited and get ahead of the curve, and he loses his focus on the moment. He's recognized that. As this thing got closer and closer, he got more and more excited about Thursday instead of playing at (the level) where he was before, and I think he lost focus for a little bit."

is this guy out of his mind?? first his "we're over our mindset that we can't beat the devils" crap and now he's making lame excuses for esche sucking at the end of the season? hes been talking crap all year long - hey, until your team wins a PLAYOFF SERIES, you cant say anything. sounds like someones still a little stewed over 2000...

Well, what do you want him to say?

"I have no idea what my goaltender will do in the playoffs because he sucked at the end of the year for no apparent reason and I have no faith in him. But I have to start him because my only other choice is a 38-year-old who hasn't won a playoff series since the Reagan administration"???

He can't say that...not and expect to keep his job. He did what any good coach would do. He blew smoke and tried to help his starting goalie's confidence. Good for him.

is this guy out of his mind??  first his "we're over our mindset that we can't beat the devils" crap and now he's making lame excuses for esche sucking at the end of the season?  hes been talking crap all year long - hey, until your team wins a PLAYOFF SERIES, you cant say anything.  sounds like someones still a little stewed over 2000...

Well, what do you want him to say?

"I have no idea what my goaltender will do in the playoffs because he sucked at the end of the year for no apparent reason and I have no faith in him. But I have to start him because my only other choice is a 38-year-old who hasn't won a playoff series since the Reagan administration"???

He can't say that...not and expect to keep his job. He did what any good coach would do. He blew smoke and tried to help his starting goalie's confidence. Good for him.

Yup.....

Or he could say, "If my boss, Clarke, had a brain, he would have gotten me a goalie instead of all of thr forwards that he traded for, and then I would not have to make up stuff to boost my goalie's confidence.

One day Hitch shows no confidence saying that they have veteran backup... no he makes excuses... he is trying to make better with Esch in my opinion and get him ready for the series... still, esch is young and nott a Brodure

If anyone thinks the Devs are going to win this series because the flyers goaltending will be weak is out of their minds. The only way they will win is if they are better than the flyers. They can't and won't count on shoddy goaltending to win. That's a crap mindset to go in with.

All this goaltending talk is garbage.

I'm sure the team isn't taking Esche lightly. He embarassed our offense in the last two meetings. They're taking him seriously.

The forum, however, gets to make fun of Flyer goaltending until Flyer goaltending brings them home a cup. Until then, it's a revolving door of dudes in pads that would make Charlie Sheen's harem blush.