Agent Frets About Danton's Spirit

Diablo

I know this all sounds like the same old story but is it me or does Frost come out sounding like he and Danton don't have the usual agent - player relationship. Ok I'll be blunt since I can't hold back Frost may be a kid toucher.

Also, would anyone else like this clown (Frost) to keep his mouth shut. I don't think he even realizes that he may doing 85% of the harm here. Granted Danton made the first comments but isn't it Frost's job to guide his client in furthering his career? All this jerk is doing is continually throwing gas on the fire instead of trying to put the flames out.

http://www.app.com/app2001/story/0,21133,6...,630523,00.html

Devils notes: Agent frets about Danton's spirit

Published in the Asbury Park Press 10/24/02

ATLANTA -- When David Frost heard his client Mike Danton had been sent home to New Jersey by Devils GM Lou Lamoriello after their sit-down, he immediately started to worry.

Frost knows better than anyone what this NHL job means to the 5-foot-9 battler. He wonders if the Devils realize just how hard Danton is taking his exile from the team.

"They have to be careful not to break Mike's spirit," said Frost, who's known Danton since the player was 12. "That's what makes him the player he is and his spirit's hurting right now."

Danton is one of the more unusual characters in hockey. He changed his last name from Jefferson to Danton because of family problems. He spent all of last season suspended by Lamoriello for failing to report to Albany after an injury. During that time, the unproven youngster took shots at Lamoriello that veterans do not dare, saying, "I'm not drinking Lou's Kool-Aid." During his brief four-game stint in the league, he challenged other team's tough guys, regardless of his size disadvantage.

"Mike's psyche is, for lack of better word, fragile," Frost said. "You have to understand this is a young man who's essentially been dealing with things on his own since age 12 because of some family issues. He's put everything into turning himself into an NHL player."

COMINGS, GOINGS: With Danton out, the Devils called up veteran defenseman Tommy Albein from Albany. Defenseman Andrei Zyuzin flew out with Danton to attend to a personal matter. Zyuzin had Lamoriello's permission.

NOT HOT-LANTA: Hockey is not exactly a hot ticket in Atlanta. Even on NASCAR Night, the lower bowl of the arena was less than half full.

-- Chris Baldwin

I seem to remember reading in an earlier article about Danton's past, that Frost has become a sort of surrogate father to him. I wouldn't read any more than that into the relationship.

Remember Lou talking about what a "low maintenance" team this one is? And now he's having to babysit Danton. :(

Diablo:

Granted Danton made the first comments but isn't it Frost's job to guide his client in furthering his career? All this jerk is doing is continually throwing gas on the fire instead of trying to put the flames out.

Yep...and that's pretty much what Chico said in the pregame last night. It's ironic that DantonJefferson whined about Lou's Kool-Aid, but the Kool-Aid he really needs to worry about is that from his agent.

I seem to remember reading in an earlier article about Danton's past, that Frost has become a sort of surrogate father to him. I wouldn't read any more than that into the relationship.

Remember Lou talking about what a "low maintenance" team this one is? And now he's having to babysit Danton. :(

Yep, I had heard that Frost became his legal guardian when he played in juniors (OHL) and therefore assume JefferDanton lived in the same residence. This is definitely NOT a typical player/agent relationship. I cannot comment on whether physical/sexual abuse occurred, but it sure as hell seems like emotional abuse went on given the way this agent acts!!!!

Unfortunately, the agent seems to want to sabotage Danton or something - why else does he mouth off so much??

When you read what Frost is saying, it appears that this is a setup to get Lou to trade Danton since he is at least known in league as a new kid with spunk.

Uh OK :blink: about all this will do is completely ruin Punkass' career at this rate. If he's going to fly off the handle that badly over sitting ONE game, who the frig is going to want him in the NHL??????? He'll be jobLESS.

His agent is a completel moron and a tool.

Good heavens! I'm master of the don't squelch spirit diatribe...but see -- they aren't squelching -- they're teaching how to apply it properly int he NHL...

If Danton really wants to just play as he says he would be livid with Frost...like this summer I'm just sure Gomez was freaking about whether to trust his agent or not -- and his agent knows the score a hell of a lot more than this Frost character!

Danton has to decide what he wants - to play hockey or have his gerkin jerked by some neverwas hockey clown! Yeah and I mean that in the figurative and literal sense as well Diablo! I was glad Chico pointed the finger at Frost last night too I might add! I love Chico :wub:

:evil: I can't spell...

Poor Chico. His piece ain't that bad.. I'm waiting for the day he gets so psyched at a game he throws his hair in the air! Or on the ice for a hat trick or something! :lol:

Ok, I have to take exception to this comment. Sorry PK, but it is that bad. First of all, it looks as though he's never washed it. Second, he never seems to put it on the same way each time. And lastly, it doesn't match his own haircolor. Think he'd look better in one of those Dolly Parton jobs. Come on Chico, you're pulling in some cash now - splurge a little.