Official Game Day Thread Habs-Bruins Game 7

Satans Hockey

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game thus far. Both goalies have been sharp. Kovy, Koivu and Zednik were buzzing all second period. Boston should put Bergeron back with Nylander and Samsonov if they're smart.

Think the first goal wins.

Great game thus far. Both goalies have been sharp. Kovy, Koivu and Zednik were buzzing all second period. Boston should put Bergeron back with Nylander and Samsonov if they're smart.

Think the first goal wins.

I'm betting that the last goal wins. (as in OT)

Edited by Don Whiting

Know most of you hate him but the feature they ran on Gary Thorne was nice. Shows how hard he works. Doubleduty for Thorne today.

Will both Boston teams win?

If u consider what he does work than your insane. He has one of the best jobs in the world. He got paid to see the yanks play the red sox and then he got paid to see game 7 tonight. All he has to do is call the game. Thats not hard work its an awesome job.

Know most of you hate him but the feature they ran on Gary Thorne was nice. Shows how hard he works. Doubleduty for Thorne today.

Will both Boston teams win?

If u consider what he does work than your insane. He has one of the best jobs in the world. He got paid to see the yanks play the red sox and then he got paid to see game 7 tonight. All he has to do is call the game. Thats not hard work its an awesome job.

Maybe to you, it looks easy. But I can tell you from watching a Doc Emrick, Chico Resch, Matt Loughlin and Stan Fischler prepare that it's not as easy as it looks. These guys have to prepare well during the day. They have to be at morning skates. They have to talk to players and coaches. They have to meet with the producer, director, etc to discuss what kind of telecast they want.

And they have to get it right for air (opening monologue with voiceover).

I know this cause I was a PA (Production Assistant) for Devils home games back in '00-01. And believe me... if you had key stats for them that they could use, they'd come up and thank you later on. I know because one time I got my name mentioned on air by Chico.

Here's a little quote for ya that applies in anything you do in life:

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail."

Enjoy the rest of this telecast.

Am I in the right thread? Or is this about the Boston-Montreal game?

-----------------

You know... after watching the Toronto/Senators game and the Calgary/Vancouver game, this game isn't doing anything for me. I don't see very many chances at all...

Nomar Garcia (I think that's his name.. I don't follow baseball) looks like he's in the cheap seats. Guess tickets were hard to come by. (-:

Now I'm getting the feeling that both Derek and I are going to be right.