Tampa Bay at Calgary - Game 3

NJDevs4978

That was stupid by Iginla. If TB get a PP, they have enough guns to get by without Vinny. But the Flames could really have used Iginla on their man advantage.

BTW - this "exiciting" final has me falling asleep. What were the shots that period? 2-1?

Edited by Don

You're close enough, Tampa led in shots 5-2...that's seven shots by two teams in 20 minutes - and that's with five zillion power plays in the first period, to boot. I don't remember the last time I saw seven shots in 20 minutes in a DEVILS game :o

That said, the physical play is getting good.

Im really starting to dislike Calgary, all they have done against the faster teams is hold and use their sticks. Sure the hitting is great, but go the refs are letting Calgary take away all of Tampa's speed through obstruction.

One of the best parts of watching an old game on ESPN classic is that there are no cuts in camera angles while the game is in play, they do it all the time now and it's really annoying. Plus it breaks up the flow, I don't need a closeup of Jassen Cullimore's nosehair whenever he handles the puck behind the net.

Calgary has gotten away with a ton of clutching and grabbing, this game has been a bore so far. Hopefully St. Louis and Lecavalier help make it watchable in the 3rd.

I just watched Heaven yet again and the Devils scored 4 goals one game and 5 goals twice and they were boring????? Those games looked hard hitting and fast, the Devils created turnovers and offense. They were all over Detroit. (God I wish I saw them.) My point is, the Devils/Wings series was way better than this borefest. :P And yet the Devils get the boring trap rap. :rolleyes:

The Stevens hit on Kovlov was awesome. Is it true or just lore that he skated over to the Wings bench and said "You're next." Or was that another series?

Is it true or just lore that he skated over to the Wings bench and said "You're next." Or was that another series?

I believe that after the hit, someone from the Wings bench said something to Stevens and Stevens replied with that but he didn't skate over to the Wings bench, he was leaning against the boards by the Devils bench if I remember correctly.

OMG that hurt.

i hope he's okay :/

You couldn't pay a TV Network enough to broadcast this tripe.

By 1995 standards the Devils were kind of boring, but they played a more exciting brand of hockey in the playoffs. By 2004 standards, the 1995 Devils are an exciting team.

If the Flames with the Cup, Iginla = MVP

And if the Flames lose Iginla STILL might win it, given that Tampa's got a few equally deserving candidates - St. Louis, Fedotenko, Richards, Khabibulin, and they might wind up canceling each other out in the voting (much like all our guys canceled each other out last year) :P

Well Marty had what, six, seven shutouts and he didn't get a sniff of the vote last year :P Neither did Hasek the year before.

Besides, who votes on the Smythe - the media. Who's the media been publicizing ad nauseum from Calgary (and deservedly so for the most part) - Iginla.