Nhl All-star Starting Lines

exit_16w

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for giving me a valid response.

This is going nowhere...then again, nothing you say ever goes anywhere, eh? I mean, a logical argument from you? It's unheard of...

Give me a reason why Brylin shouldn't be an allstar.

If "the truth sucks", then a few of us are certainly in the dark about why YOU think Brylin doesn't deserve it.

I'm not asking at all about Elias. I want to know specifically why BRYLIN hasn't played well enough in your eyes, and I want to know specifically what sort of "truth sucks".

This is going nowhere...then again, nothing you say ever goes anywhere, eh? I mean, a logical argument from you? It's unheard of...

Give me a reason why Brylin shouldn't be an allstar.

If "the truth sucks", then a few of us are certainly in the dark about why YOU think Brylin doesn't deserve it.

I'm not asking at all about Elias. I want to know specifically why BRYLIN hasn't played well enough in your eyes, and I want to know specifically what sort of "truth sucks".

I was refering to the Elias comment... but... oh well...

Like wise... :rolleyes:

The reason I don't think Brylin is good enough to be an All-Star is easily expressed on this web site...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...ay.php3?pid=640

Brylin is a solid player, a great player, and my 2nd favorite Devil right now. But him being an All-Star is a stretch.

40 point fowards don't qualify as all-stars...

DP, the people who say Elias doesn't deserve an All-Star nomination after one freaking month of games played have no patience. One month doesn't make a season.

They also don't have an appreciation for #26.

On your last post, you misquoted me. That was RoughDraft and she's correct about Brylin.

Yeah, I know I got caught cutting too much out of the quote. But I knew the sentiment was similar so I didn't worry about going back and getting it.

Hmmm, yeah, dude didn't score on a breakaway with the puck rolling and thinking it was offsides. Let's shoot him!!!!

I wonder if KD is aware that not every breakaway is scored on. That Pavel Bure and indeed all kinds of all-stars, including Mr. Sakic this season, gets stopped on breakaways.

Unbelievable.

Even if it WAS just one freakin' month of games... we've played eight. He's had three game-winning goals. Not piddly, oh, look what I found goals. Goals he worked for and created.

Sorry if it's not enough for you.

Of course you'd want more. I want more. We all want more. But for a non-smooth month of starts and stops, I'd say I'm very happy with his performance. He's working hard and trying to create for teammates. He also takes pucks away from other players.

DP, you got my point! Not every great player gets off to a blazing start. So, Elias isn't lighting the world on fire yet but 8 games does not make a season. In KD's world, Madden will lead the team in goals and Gomez will pace them in points. I guess Daneyko and Stevens will have more points than Niedermayer.

If Allison had gotten off to a poor start, would KD be saying the same thing? I highly doubt that.

Hey KD, is Eric Lindros an All-Star or should I just write him off because of the poor start?

Has anyone thought that after a month of the NHL season they open up the all-star ballots is early? I don't think that most of these players have really shown what they could do yet. They should have put together the names in December to weed out the busts from the superstars.

Think about it. NO ONE scores on every attempt.

All-Stars even miss penalty shots. Amazing, ain't it?

So three game-winning goals is not good enough for you? Well, you're not good enough for them either.

It's fine you don't think he's an All-Star, that's fine. The rest of the league does... and will.

NHL.com stats.

Sucky Elias is fourth in the league in game-winning goals. Get this dead weight off my team!!!

He can't score on a breakaway against Kevin Weekes to tie up a game in the 3rd.

The goal in OT against Nashville was cause the Nashville defenseman smacked Elias's stick and that caused the puck to go into the net. Plus, the Devils wouldn't even be in OT if it wasn't for Elias's illegal stick. Why does he use an illegal stick if he still can't score with it.

That goal against Tampa was just a chip into the net. Anyone could've put that in, he was just in the right spot at the right time. Also, it was the Tampa's defesman's fault for not picking him up.

He tries to gain the zone by himself only to lose it. He tries to deke people out with no avail. He shoots wide countless times.

If you look at true ALL-STARS like Sakic, Sundin, Bertuzzi, Jagr, Tkackut, etc. They go on the ice and simply dominate like no one else. I saw Sakic score a KILLER goal last night. He is a true sniper and All-Star. Sundin can put the puck in the net from all different angles, simply great accuracy. Bertuzzi can put up 30+ goals and hit like Holik. Jagr doesn't hit that much, but he is BIG when he has the puck. He can score, deke people out, he is the whole package. Those are true all-stars that make a huge impact every time they go on the ice and give 100% effort.

I look at Elias and he doesn't look dominant at all. He is a great player, but not all-star quality.

As I see it now, Ralaski and Brodeur are the only All-Star quality players on the Devils right now.

Ok lets go thru this.

Weekes breakaway thing was in the 2nd period, get your periods right.

the Nashville goal yes indeed went in off a defender stick but the play was CREATED because he drove hard to the net and was rewarded for his work. Argue that then you are simply a bullsh!ter.

Talk about illegial sticks. Our "pal" Mogilny used one and was caught against the Rags once when he was on the Devs, a lot of people in the NHL use it just never get caught as much.

Goal against Tampa went in because he was in the RIGHT position at the right time and created the chance by going into the corner before the goal that kept the play alive. He is a LW and was on the LEFT side of the net for the tap in. Come on KD, thought u were smart...gotta think of these things before hand.

Tries to go in himself eh? Elias passes the puck a lot, sometimes too much. He isn't selfish unlike some other elite players in the league like a Jagr or Bure.

Reason Elias doesn't dominate cause there has never been an individual on a recent Devils team that single handedly DOMINATED play. Lines dominate play in New Jersey, NOT individual players. To add to that, Elias doesn't exactly have the crop of players beside him to help him like the others do. Jagr has Rob Lang, Sakic has Hejduk, Tanguay, Forsberg to help him out, Bertuzzi's got a guy called Marcus Naslund to kinda help him out with his point total, Sundin has a sniper called Mogilny, and Keith T has a little guy called Doug Weight to give him points.

Marty, Brylin, Madden and Elias are all-star quality right now (but of course Brylin and Madden won't make it). Raf hasn't done anything to impress me or a lot of people. Niether has Nieds or Tivo. Big 3 kinda silent right now.

So count Marty and Elias as all-star definates. Quote me.

Plus, the Devils wouldn't even be in OT if it wasn't for Elias's illegal stick. Why does he use an illegal stick if he still can't score with it.

A Kings fan making a comment about an illegal stick. How ironic.

How does a goon/defenseman get caught with an illegal stick in the Finals, which may have cost the Kings a Cup?

Athough KD was probably a toddler at the time.

Haha, great point Z-Man.

This from a person who thinks that Satan is better than Elias..

I'd love to see this argument logically fleshed out again. It's like seeing your favorite comedy movie.. it's always the same, but there's nuances you pick up every time that just weren't as funny the first few times.

People, PEOPLE! Elias isn't a real all star!!!

...but in fantasy make-believe world, he's NUMBER ONE! He's KING of the FAKE All Stars! Damn that man for fooling us....

:lol:

Yeah, and that illegal stick...boy...that illegal stick. I wonder how many players are using illegal sticks right now. Z-Man already sealed the arguement anyways, so I don't have to go any further.

Remember folks: All Stars score 2348573 goals a game.

Elias is no all star. HE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE TO PLAY IN THE NHL!!!!! AAAAAAAGH GET HIM OFF OUR TEAM!!!!!!!

He can't score on a breakaway against Kevin Weekes to tie up a game in the 3rd.

The goal in OT against Nashville was cause the Nashville defenseman smacked Elias's stick and that caused the puck to go into the net. Plus, the Devils wouldn't even be in OT if it wasn't for Elias's illegal stick. Why does he use an illegal stick if he still can't score with it.

That goal against Tampa was just a chip into the net. Anyone could've put that in, he was just in the right spot at the right time. Also, it was the Tampa's defesman's fault for not picking him up.

He tries to gain the zone by himself only to lose it. He tries to deke people out with no avail. He shoots wide countless times.

If you look at true ALL-STARS like Sakic, Sundin, Bertuzzi, Jagr, Tkackut, etc. They go on the ice and simply dominate like no one else. I saw Sakic score a KILLER goal last night. He is a true sniper and All-Star. Sundin can put the puck in the net from all different angles, simply great accuracy. Bertuzzi can put up 30+ goals and hit like Holik. Jagr doesn't hit that much, but he is BIG when he has the puck. He can score, deke people out, he is the whole package. Those are true all-stars that make a huge impact every time they go on the ice and give 100% effort.

I look at Elias and he doesn't look dominant at all. He is a great player, but not all-star quality.

As I see it now, Ralaski and Brodeur are the only All-Star quality players on the Devils right now.

Ok lets go thru this.

Weekes breakaway thing was in the 2nd period, get your periods right.

the Nashville goal yes indeed went in off a defender stick but the play was CREATED because he drove hard to the net and was rewarded for his work. Argue that then you are simply a bullsh!ter.

Talk about illegial sticks. Our "pal" Mogilny used one and was caught against the Rags once when he was on the Devs, a lot of people in the NHL use it just never get caught as much.

Goal against Tampa went in because he was in the RIGHT position at the right time and created the chance by going into the corner before the goal that kept the play alive. He is a LW and was on the LEFT side of the net for the tap in. Come on KD, thought u were smart...gotta think of these things before hand.

Tries to go in himself eh? Elias passes the puck a lot, sometimes too much. He isn't selfish unlike some other elite players in the league like a Jagr or Bure.

Reason Elias doesn't dominate cause there has never been an individual on a recent Devils team that single handedly DOMINATED play. Lines dominate play in New Jersey, NOT individual players. To add to that, Elias doesn't exactly have the crop of players beside him to help him like the others do. Jagr has Rob Lang, Sakic has Hejduk, Tanguay, Forsberg to help him out, Bertuzzi's got a guy called Marcus Naslund to kinda help him out with his point total, Sundin has a sniper called Mogilny, and Keith T has a little guy called Doug Weight to give him points.

Marty, Brylin, Madden and Elias are all-star quality right now (but of course Brylin and Madden won't make it). Raf hasn't done anything to impress me or a lot of people. Niether has Nieds or Tivo. Big 3 kinda silent right now.

So count Marty and Elias as all-star definates. Quote me.

Goal against Tampa went in because he was in the RIGHT position at the right time and created the chance by going into the corner before the goal that kept the play alive.  He is a LW and was on the LEFT side of the net for the tap in.  Come on KD, thought u were smart...gotta think of these things before hand.

It's funny how far people go... The Nashville OT winner was scored from the right side, not the left. So Elias just switchs postitions throught the game?

I am tring to say here is that Elias hasn't scored All-Star quality goals. It's either a chip in, a defensman's stick hitting him, whatever. That's fine, a goal is a goal. But where are those All-star quality goals? Newy, that "great" sniper scored one goal and that was a stuff in. He's taken countless shots this season from good angles and not being able to place the puck in.

Tries to go in himself eh?  Elias passes the puck a lot, sometimes too much.  He isn't selfish unlike some other elite players in the league like a Jagr or Bure.

...and yet Bure and Jagr are All-stars... thanks for supporting my case here NJay...

Reason Elias doesn't dominate cause there has never been an individual on a recent Devils team that single handedly DOMINATED play.  Lines dominate play in New Jersey, NOT individual players.  To add to that, Elias doesn't exactly have the crop of players beside him to help him like the others do.  Jagr has Rob Lang, Sakic has Hejduk, Tanguay, Forsberg to help him out, Bertuzzi's got a guy called Marcus Naslund to kinda help him out with his point total, Sundin has a sniper called Mogilny, and Keith T has a little guy called Doug Weight to give him points.

...my eye's blinded for a little while after reading this non-sense..

Only Raflaski will make it. Elias hasn't shown anything of any ALL-STAR quality.... yet.

All you guess have apparently miss read my earlier post (What else is new).

I said Elias isn't All-Star quality ... YET!!!

Does that mean he won't be come Feb... no

If he picks up his game, he will 98% make it. But right now he won't. He hasn't shown anything yet of any All-Star quality.

All-stars right now are: Rafalski, Brodeur, Madden, Brylin.

That pretty much shuts the case closed right now. Sorry if I can't sit and chat with you lovely people, but I gotta get ready for the Devils game...

Actually I think u are 0 for 2348723 today KD.

The Nashville OT goal happened like this:

Gomez comes into the zone, DROPS the puck off to whom ever is behind him and this case was Elias. Elias picks up the puck and continues in the direction to where he was going which is right because the puck was laying there for him on the right side. He gets around acouple people, protects the puck, drives to the net, gets rewarded for his hard work with a great deflection off another persons stick, game over.

Yeah I'm 0 for whatever you said. haha, think u got me and you confused.