Report: S. Korean Hostage Beheaded

LOTCB

Its extremely sad that someone would hold such a horrible opinion of an entire group of people so dearly, and would wish something harmful upon the their entire race. Racism is the cause of the problem we have right now in the Middle East. Just as you think youre right in wanting to get rid of all of them, they truly believe the same in regards to us, and have obviously gone to extreme measures to try and do as much damage to America and the West as possible. They just dont have the weapons at their disposal that we do, if they did this dire situation would be a lot worse. Just as our biased news gives the half of the story that makes us look best, their news does the same, and for a lot of Arabs its the only news they get.

Edited by DeVFaN

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as our biased news gives the half of the story that makes us look best, their news does the same, and for a lot of Arabs its the only news they get.

I thought our biased news only gave us the half of the story that makes Bush look like a war monger who is hell bent on a personal vendetta for himself and a financial help for his friends. I'm only joking but I really think our "biased" news does a good job of getting the information out there, even if the major news sources only choose to run with certain topics.

-Scott

Replace "third world country" with "American inner city" and see if you understand why your comments caused such an uproar.

Yes, those people lead no better lives, but Inner city people don't suicide bomb themselves, do they?

You say they are lazy, but it's not always easy to get a job, and even when they do it may not be enough. Do you think they LIKE living on the streets and it shanty towns?

Once again, my point is failed to be recongnized...

Why live in mediocrity?? If getting a job isn't enough, do something about it. They don't like to live in poverty, but they accept it, and that's the flaw. If we had their motivation when this country was founded, we would be no better then them. Sure times have changed, but the principles and process of freedom, posperity, and liberty haven't.

You said you've been to a third world country. Which one was it?

How do you know these people haven't tried to get a job? Maybe they have but couldn't? Many times in third world countries there is over-population and there just aren't enough jobs to go around. Also there are less and less labor intensive jobs because of modernizations in fields like construction and shipping. You can't just assume these people sit around and do nothing and like it. They have pride too.

You said you've been to a third world country. Which one was it?

I've been to Morroco and Bali. Morroco isn't the pure and clean European vacation paradise that it is made out to be. Sure there are Four-seasons hotels and resorts, but as soon as u leave those walls, u see the poverty around you in stark contrast to the luxury of western convience.

How do you know these people haven't tried to get a job?  Maybe they have but couldn't?  Many times in third world countries there is over-population and there just aren't enough jobs to go around.  Also there are less and less labor intensive jobs because of modernizations in fields like construction and shipping.  You can't just assume these people sit around and do nothing and like it.  They have pride too.

That is the fault of their government. If the government doesn't work, change it.

I don't know if you've ever been to a third world country, but i have, and i have personally seen how it's like to live there. If those people wanted to make their lives better, they have every opprotunity too, but they are just simply lazy.

No, that's totally different we started the revolutionary by our own intiative. Whether we would get help or not we still would fight it out so don't get all History teacher preachy on me ok? The iraqi's where sitting on their asses for decades until we liberated them... if france came over here and liberated us from the British then we wouldn't deserve our freedom... get it? ok

Yeah SOME Americans fought for their independence...as Sue said, a lot of the population (like 1/3) was loyalists and some were also neutral. Just like SOME Iraquis have fought to make things better but they needed our help in the end.

And you want them to change the government? How...in nations where dictators rule with the military at their back, what are a bunch of underdeveloped, uneducated people supposed to do about it? The religous cult leaders and the dictators brainwash them to the point where some of them no doubt feel they don't need to change because they're living the 'right' way and we're living in spoiled excess. So some of them think their way is the right way, others know they're not going to change things without outside help anyway.

And let's clarify one thing - this board itself is not completely free speech. This folder sort of is, but if someone wants to show their ignorance/nievete that's one thing but if anyone starts personally insulting posters that's something different; that's a no-no even here. That's probably the only 'rule' that exists in this folder though.

Yeah SOME Americans fought for their independence...as Sue said, a lot of the population (like 1/3) was loyalists and some were also neutral. 

im just curious, where did u get that 1/3 number from. But whatever the case is, if only 2/3 was needed to achieve liberty, then it worked.

And you want them to change the government?  How...in nations where dictators rule with the military at their back, what are a bunch of underdeveloped, uneducated people supposed to do about it? 

fight and keep on fighting. Don't just try it once and stop, u must always fight. I guess the Muslim people there lack the moral initiative to do something like that, so they just accept it.

The religous cult leaders and the dictators brainwash them to the point where some of them no doubt feel they don't need to change because they're living the 'right' way and we're living in spoiled excess.  So some of them think their way is the right way, others know they're not going to change things without outside help anyway.

Well, it's supreme ingnorance if someone makes you think living in poverty is the right way, much like brainwashing people to martyr themselves for a stupid cause. That's why we could do without those people in the world.

I know that the country 'abandoned' the revolt against Saddam and it's a sad circumstance. But the US went there cause of the invasion of Kuwait, not to take Saddam out of power.

Don't you get that there's no way for some of these people to know the difference between right and wrong? The dictatorships control the education. When twelve-year old girls write essays wanting to be suicide bombers, is it because she's lazy or can't possibly know any better?

I guess the American slaves didn't deserve their freedom either cause it was ultimately Lincoln and the army that freed them, never mind that they probably had no way to either get their freedom or know what to do with it even if they did.

Oh and TK, you do realize the US could never do anything like that (wiping out the Middle East) without pissing off the rest of the world to the point of creating more problems...so ultimately wiping out the Middle East would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I guess the American slaves didn't deserve their freedom either cause it was ultimately Lincoln and the army that freed them, never mind that they probably had no way to either get their freedom or know what to do with it even if they did.

That's not a good analogy

Don't you get that there's no way for some of these people to know the difference between right and wrong?  The dictatorships control the education.  When twelve-year old girls write essays wanting to be suicide bombers, is it because she's lazy or can't possibly know any better? 

It's cause she's young and believes anything adults say are right, but how about the teacher that tells her that is right? That's who i'm targeting, the people brainwashing the young and ignorant. Now we can't kill a little boy that is being taught to hate america, cause it's morally unacceptable. We can just wait 20 years till he kills 3 or 4 soldiers. I say wipe them out when they are young and spare them a life full of hate.

Many escaped via underground railroad, and many also fought in African American regements in the US. But yes, many didn't do jake sh*t so one can argue they didn't deserve there freedom, but don't forget the Civil Rights movement the 60s, up until then they lived in the shadow of racism in the south without doing anything about it.

Oh and TK, you do realize the US could never do anything like that (wiping out the Middle East) without pissing off the rest of the world to the point of creating more problems...so ultimately wiping out the Middle East would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

earlier in the thread i explained that, it's i think on the previous page in response to a Jimmy Leeds post.

Many escaped via underground railroad, and many also fought in African American regements in the US. But yes, many didn't do jake sh*t so one can argue they didn't deserve there freedom, but don't forget the Civil Rights movement the 60s, up until then they lived in the shadow of racism in the south without doing anything about it.

there are A LOT of muslims in Sweden and other countries is Europe that have fled their countries to live in asyl (word?) until it is safe to return.

Oh, and TK PLEASE try to read something about global politics and such. You will see that 90% of the people in the world survive on 10% of the assets (or something close to that... don't have the actual number nearby)

SO, you are saying that millions of people in africa and the middleeast are starving and live in famine because they are lazy, they don't do anything about their situation because they don't feel like it?!? Please!!

Many escaped via underground railroad, and many also fought in African American regements in the US. But yes, many didn't do jake sh*t so one can argue they didn't deserve there freedom, but  don't forget the Civil Rights movement the 60s, up until then they lived in the shadow of racism in the south without doing anything about it.

there are A LOT of muslims in Sweden and other countries is Europe that have fled their countries to live in asyl (word?) until it is safe to return.

Oh, and TK PLEASE try to read something about global politics and such. You will see that 90% of the people in the world survive on 10% of the assets (or something close to that... don't have the actual number nearby)

SO, you are saying that millions of people in africa and the middleeast are starving and live in famine because they are lazy, they don't do anything about their situation because they don't feel like it?!? Please!!

So are they eternally doomed to their pathetic fate? Are their lives destined to live in famine and poverty? Is that there purpose on this earth?

So let me ask you this...

What are they doing to improve their lives?

because these boards follow the 1st amendment rights of free speech, esspecially in a forum where it specifcally says "Enter at your own risk". I hope i didn't make u cry too badly, go back to the Hell forum if u can't take the heat

there you go again. hiding behind rhetoric and pointless catch phrases....."politically incorrect"....."1st amendment free speech".....stop whining, you bleep. just say what you have to say. say that you hate arabs and muslims and all that. put it in your signature for all to see. i bet you'll be breaking all the rules then....a real rebel you are.

my concern is not you anyways, but, instead, the disappointingly nonexistant response of the board moderators to about as racist a comment as can be written.

Edited by Hasan4978

So tell me oh wise one, what can they do?

What have i been talking about the last couple of posts?

(Please Sammyk, i know u are one of the more intellegent posters, don't make me have to spoon feed u information that we covered only a few hours ago.)

my concern is not you anyways, but, instead, the disappointingly nonexistant response of the board moderators to about as racist a comment as can be written.

Why should it be removed or he be banned? Let him continue to display his ignorance. I think most on here have acknowledged that. I think Hasan made mention as to why it's being left up and as to why TK isn't banned.

Brylin:

(A) As stated, I support the admins 1,724% on their decision to keep it there. Censorship just drives the racism and hatred underground.

(B) Your personal attacks against TK are going to get YOU kicked off the board. Yes, what TK said was vile, repugnant and disgusting but it has already been said that personal attacks on fellow posters won't be tolerated.

(Please Sammyk, i know u are one of the more intellegent posters, don't make me have to spoon feed u information that we covered only a few hours ago.)

Okay. I must be a really dumb idiot cause I can't see anything there reasonable. Maybe you could spoonfeed it to us in bullet format (you can use the list button above the message editor).

Edited by Don

No, I'd like details please. What are these poor people supposed to do? If they rise in opposition they are quickly killed by dictators that can't be bothered with their protests. How many bodies are they to sacrafice for a freedom not in sight?

They would rather live than die, is that so wrong? They have families, and it's hard enough as it is for them, why make it even harder by losing a family member?

As for "go out and get a job." It's not that simple. They can't just go out and get a job even if they wanted to, and I'm sure they want to. What sort of jobs can uneducated, unskilled, and many times illiterate people do?

That's the way I ran mine.

I ran "Paradigm Lost", a Citadel BBS for two years. It was 90% political conversations. It died when I tried to make it a political ACTIVISM board, but that's besides the point. (I thought the hard part was getting 40 people to agree on an issue - I found it much harder to get 40 people to get off the coach and try to achieve something).

Anyhow, I had the exact same moderation policy on my BBS. You can say the most stupid, ignorant or vile thing on the board. No fear of retribution (other than a mass of people disagreeing with you). But when you get into calling the other posters names, that's where I started banning people. People came here to discuss things, not to be insulted. It was my policy, and apparently DM's as well.

I love the stringent conservative philosophy, that all men are responsible for their fates. It's so absurdly simple.

You ask the question, what are they doing to improve their lives? You're looking at their life as though it began when you saw them. You see a homeless guy and ask, what is he doing to improve his life? Why isn't he? It's not that simple. Life isn't that simple. Such a philosophy is dangerous, but also conveinent. Allowing every person to be entirely responsible for his or her fate sure makes it easy to blame Third World countries for their own problems, or homeless people, or anyone else. It's a selfish philosophy for selfish, simplistic people.

When it comes down to it, this is all typical left-wing liberal ideaology of bigger government and less freedom for people. Those people there can make a difference if they really, genuinely wanted to. You people have been brainwashed by the left that goverment runs our lives, our actions, and NOT we as a people. I can see that in all your posts. "What are they to do? They can't get a job if they wanted... yada yada yada..." Oh yea, lets wait till the goverment gives does something. But that will never happen cause they are dictatorships or totaliarin governments. So if the governmet won't help you out, u are doomed to suffer. The media and anti-bush left has taught all of you people (except for a few on this board) that it's ok to take it up the ass from the government and that resistance is futile. The people run the government, not the government runs the people, no matter if it's a democracy or dictatorship. In a dictatorship it's just one guy running the show, if the people wanted a new goverment, all they have to do is resist, protest, strike. Bring down the government and take it down and then rebuild a working goverment for the people. Why is everyone on this board so afraid of action? Why are u struggling so hard to justify lack of effort for a better life? The common citizen is the most powerful force for freedom, and it does work! Look at history! People can make a difference.

I bet the founding fathers are turning over in their graves if they could read these posts. You people are trying to justify cowardice and ignorance. Why don't u want to be better then that?? You want to live under the shadow of a totaltarian world? Fine. I personally believe that stupidity and laziness is the bedrock of tyranny. If you are so stupid to know what liberty is, then you don't deserve freedom. If you're too lazy to do anything about it, you don't deserve it. It makes me so proud to think of what our founding fathers did and the immense obstacles they faced, they were fighting the largest empire on Earth! and they won! Why does that fail to work now? It doesn't, but all u people seem to think it does. That is typical democratic ideaology of let the government run your lives, let them tell you what to do, and above all, let them do all the thinking for you

All you people want Kerry for president, fine, elect him. Let another 3,000 people die cause of terrorism, or is 3000 not enough for you left wing idiots. How bout 10,000, nahhh still not enough, u guys be protesting military action against Muslims in a few months. Let 10 million die in a nuclear attack on NYC. Maybe that'll wake up all of you. You want Kerry? You want a "law enforcement" approach on terrorism, fine, let's try that out and see how long till the next buildings come tumbelling down.. it makes me so mad, the truth is so easy to find. It is blamed on misguidedness for some people, but being misguided has it's roots in ignorance.

Are you scared of a draft in 2005? Are you scared to fight for your country if your country needs you? Fine, elect Kerry, you won't have to fight, you can sit at home on your ass and let the goverment do it's thing, the terrorists will do all the fighting for you. Typicall left wing ideals. The same prinicple can be applied to the third world countries that are afraid to fight for their freedoms. It's so obvious and all of you people are simply MISSING THE POINT!. You can't read between the lines, u can't think a little deeper into things and see where the origins of your opinions and beliefs are secured to. The world is a horrible place, but why live like that? DO SOMETHING! get off ur ass and DO SOMETHING!!! oh wait, we'll just die... let's live in poverty. GO KERRY!!!!!!

I had enough talking to u people. You people are just too ingnorant to understand anything that is just and what works. You think i'm a racist? Fine, i don't like the muslim religion, i don't like their culture, nothing good is coming out from them. THey want help help help and are not returning anything! No comdenation from the muslim religous community, no organized effort to find these hostage decapitating terrorists. Bush went into Iraq for just and noble reasons, but what we uncoverded there is the pure bottom of human civilization. Both poles of the same specturm are walking on the same street. This is war, war is hell.

Call me ignorant, racist, i don't care, they mean nothing coming from the likes of you people. I am done with this conversation. If you people can't see what my point is, if you can't see the truth, and if you can't see the justification in it, i weep for you, cause it's people like you that are voting in 2004 for the fate of the world. If you elect Kerry, i hope all that voted for him rot in his presidency and live to regret the day he was elected, maybe that'll snap you people out of this surreal trance which is firmly implanted into your' "brains". You hate Bush so much? Fine, help bring down our country... GO KERRY 2004!!!

Our country gets what it deserves, and what it deserves will be decided on Nov. 4th.

It's been fun arguing with you people, have a nice day, i will return if i am not banned to the dislike of many of you.

I love the stringent conservative philosophy, that all men are responsible for their fates. It's so absurdly simple.

You ask the question, what are they doing to improve their lives? You're looking at their life as though it began when you saw them. You see a homeless guy and ask, what is he doing to improve his life? Why isn't he? It's not that simple. Life isn't that simple. Such a philosophy is dangerous, but also conveinent. Allowing every person to be entirely responsible for his or her fate sure makes it easy to blame Third World countries for their own problems, or homeless people, or anyone else. It's a selfish philosophy for selfish, simplistic people.

Are you just ripping quotes out of Mein Kampf?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.