Bench Lou

LucifersDog

Just want to say that it is just as common for fans of a team to underrate their players as it is for them to overrate their players. If is 100% false to say that josefson and tallinder have no trade value. Before I say anything about tallinder a value let me say that I am not a tallinder fan at all. With that said, tallinder is not a bad defensemen. I really think he's gotten the sh!t end of the stick since coming here. He's battled injuries every year, had to learn 3 systems during his limited play, and basically lost his mentor job to the assistant coaches. I don't think u wud get something amazing for him by himself but u can probably get something decent. JJ on the other hand is a prospect with promise, which are always valuable. When people say "nobody knows who he is besides devils fans." Do u really think that's true league wide. GMs know what he could bring down the road. I can't say what lou will do, but I'm pretty positive that if he wanted to package the two together they would have enough value to get a serviceable forward in return.

I think the reaction to their trade value (I know mine is this) is that people wanted to trade them for ROR which was asinine. They're not like Tedenby and have none, it's just a reaction I think to others overrating them. I just swing to the other pendulum when yeah a former 1st rounder who can clearly play (unlike Ted) and a d-man who was quite good last year should have some value

C'mon SD, I really hope you truly don't mean that. Deboer's bread and butter got us all the way to the Cup Finals last year. The entire roster is basically the same. The system will not be changed. The players need to get this ship righted by starting to produce, and that will happen soon. Elias, Zajac, Clarkson, Kovy, and Henrique will start producing.

And let us all remember our system works best when we have the third defenseman gobbling up the dump ins, we need Marty back.

I said "tweak" not change completely. What i believe is that that system is played with heart and aggressivity thst we can create stuff and win, its easy to play that way in the playoffs youre riding a wave. But to go all year long chasing and battling hard along the boards, if they dont play with that intensity they wont create as much turnovers and scoring chances. Is it a coincidence that we played greaaat against our conference rivals with the style who made us win in the playoffs? And against teams that we (ill say care less about) the guys just doesnt seem to bring thst A game and dnt show up as much? I really think this as something to do with it.

I think you guys can agree that most of the games we lost the guys simply havent played the way they can and were not into it at all.

I said "tweak" not change completely. What i believe is that that system is played with heart and aggressivity thst we can create stuff and win, its easy to play that way in the playoffs youre riding a wave. But to go all year long chasing and battling hard along the boards, if they dont play with that intensity they wont create as much turnovers and scoring chances. Is it a coincidence that we played greaaat against our conference rivals with the style who made us win in the playoffs? And against teams that we (ill say care less about) the guys just doesnt seem to bring thst A game and dnt show up as much? I really think this as something to do with it.

I think you guys can agree that most of the games we lost the guys simply havent played the way they can and were not into it at all.

Eh, we need a little more traffic in front, but we also need guys who play that game. Who do we have that does right now? Clarkson, Henrique, cbgb. Elias isn't a front of the net guy, neither is Kovy, Loki doesn't appear to be that kind of player either. Zajac can be, but he's been MIA all season. Missing Zubs is hurting our possession, a lot and therefore is harming our game. All this is obviously not just missing Zubs, but he's a big, physical guy that plays our system the way it's meant to be and losing that hurts.

That being said, I like your avatar pic, it's groooovy. lol.

Eh, we need a little more traffic in front, but we also need guys who play that game. Who do we have that does right now? Clarkson, Henrique, cbgb. Elias isn't a front of the net guy, neither is Kovy, Loki doesn't appear to be that kind of player either. Zajac can be, but he's been MIA all season. Missing Zubs is hurting our possession, a lot and therefore is harming our game. All this is obviously not just missing Zubs, but he's a big, physical guy that plays our system the way it's meant to be and losing that hurts.

That being said, I like your avatar pic, it's groooovy. lol.

thats what i mean by tweaking, get at least one guy off the boards,were always pinned to the boards all 3 guys so if the puck come out, we have no one in front or in the middle for a shot, and if the other team get the puck out they have an easy breakout cause all our forwards are behind.. guys usually don't have the chance to get in front all the time, really often all our forwards are behind the red line behind the net and they send the puck to the point and he's taking a shot to the net, guys really dont have time to rush in front and get a good position in front of the goalie in that case, and were seeing that a LOT.

PDB's system is not sustainable for an entire regular season. If the effort's not there some nights, the system will just utterly fail to generate any chances.

And there isn't enough general talent in the top-6 to generate offense on the rush

PDB's system is not sustainable for an entire regular season. If the effort's not there some nights, the system will just utterly fail to generate any chances.

And there isn't enough general talent in the top-6 to generate offense on the rush

PDB's system is fine. The guys we have are old and out of shape.