A Lefty Article from a Liberal Paper

Alias

BTW, the City of Arcata drafted up a resolution against the War in Iraq.

Opinions: Week of June 28, 2004

Mike McLaren: Bringing lifestyles to the crossroads

I took a hiatus from writing this column because the words that kept slipping from my fingers sounded angry and mean, rang with tinges of emotions and inflections unacceptable for a public forum. Over the past four months, the things that have happened across the globe - because of the U.S. - and some things that have happened just across the border in Oregon, and things that still continue in our little town caught me a bit off-guard, left me unprepared to participate in soir

Anyone interested in a little light reading my husband is cheering himslef in his off hours with One With Nineveh: Politics, Consumption, and the Human Future by Paul Ehrlich. I've got to get him to read Fast Food Nation too... got to get him more anti-corporate as opposed to solely anti-reproduction :P

It's all so depressing though... :argh:

Keep up the good fight Jimmy!

" We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America."

What a mission statement!

Jimmy- respect your right to your opinions. as well as, and more importantly, your right to voice those opinions. I just don't have a high regard for the way you express those opinions. I am just looking for a higher level of discourse.

You rock point :clap:

Don, where are you to tell Dew she isn't adding anything of substance? :rolleyes: Only kidding, I'm just messing with ya.

-Scott

You rock too 731 ;)

This was an earlier thing, I was just making a joke as I said, nothing bad about you.

-Scott

Don, where are you to tell Dew she isn't adding anything of substance? :rolleyes: Only kidding, I'm just messing with ya.

-Scott

You rock too 731 ;)

This was an earlier thing, I was just making a joke as I said, nothing bad about you.

-Scott

I know :lol: just joshing myself...but you dew rock :)

-Scott

Scott,

She has yet to ever offer anything of substance.

As deep an empty cavern as you'll ever read.

Who's to say this article wasn't written by Ted Kazinski (sp?), you know, the Una-Bomber guy?

His ideas:

Buy food from local farmers rather than large supermarket chains. Take up gardening. Buy other goods from local businesses rather than online. Spend your evenings outside rather than in front of a television. Walk or ride a bike instead of driving, but if you must drive, do you really need a SUV? Interact more with your friends, family, and neighbors.

Yeah, sounds like a cold-hearted killer to me. :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.