I met with Igor

undaimee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey let's not forget that stellar turnover he had in that playoff game that set the Flyers up oh so nicely last year too :P

(still kinda pathetic that I predicted his goal on the Rangers as he rolled down the ice :lol: )

lets not also forget the time he checked keith primeau, forcing a turnover, which nearly resulted int a goal

yeah the key words being NEARLY

Igor would not even shoot the puck even on a breakaway... He was horrible, period.

Edited by Hellhound

Okay, let me make this clear: Igor did not get any shots in that game. He is not a shooting guy, he is an assisting guy.

Heres what happened:

1. Roenich dumps the puck in

2. Larionov and Primeau chase the puck

3. Primeau hooks lariovov, who fells over

4. Primeau takes the puck at the back of the net looking for an oppening

5. Larionov quickly gets up and tries to take the puck away

6. Roenck comes in and helps Primeau

7. Larionov checks Primeau against the glass

8. Larionov slides the puck toward Friesen

9. Friesen takes the puck and the offense creates a scoring chance

and this was back when my TV was all messed up so I may have missed this once in a lifetime chance !!

I still think it happened at an old Red Wings practice :P

I can understand the others... but we forgot to ask the important question here... WHY Larionov of all people to make note of ??? B ):lol:

I get the feeling from some of his/her comments on the political board that undaimee may live in the Detroit area (or somewhere near it in Canada?), so maybe he/she is an Igor fan from when he was with the Wings.

I can understand the others... but we forgot to ask the important question here... WHY Larionov of all people to make note of ???  B )   :lol:

I get the feeling from some of his/her comments on the political board that undaimee may live in the Detroit area (or somewhere near it in Canada?), so maybe he/she is an Igor fan from when he was with the Wings.

yeah...I live in Detroit...and I hate the wings (do u guys wanna know why i beacme a devs fan?)...I have hated them for a very long time...it just pisses me off by the fact the detroit, SJ and even florda still respect him, while we dont.

Well sure tell us why you're a Devils fan... I always like a good story :)

as for Igor.. it's pretty simple..... it's twofold... he came in with too much expectations had a ROTTEN reputation from practices (phantom injuries, the walk out with Pat Burns, lack of shots when he had the chance too)... lack of production didn't help either...

to use an analogy like i am good for... it's like you hear about this girl... you hear all these stories you send her flowers (wait... making fun of myself again :P ).....you finally get to know her and go out with her and she turns out to be a foul, vile disgusting , obnoxious, foul wench :P .... that's kinda what happened with Igor... we expected him to live up to his rep, and we got a washed up old guy with little to no desire to become a real part of this team (and I've gone to enough practices and days in training camp to see this personally)

Well...he didnt have good times with florida...but I guess we r just mean to him

as for how I bacame a devs fan...its a long and fuunny (I think) story...

4th grade (2000) i lived in toronto. Everybody was a hockey fan. At that time, NJ and Toronto met in the semis. The teacher polled the class. Most of em said leafs...I would always support the minority back then...so I was one of the 2 people who went for devs. I was not interested in ice hockey at all back thn. I missed the good old field hockey that they had back in my country. When I came home,I was bored, so I watched the series deciding game (and my very first hockey game). For no reason at all, Devs became my fav team. That year, they won the cup too.

I still watched em play every now an then...wingas were my mmost hated team cause wings fan HATED devs

Yet, I wasnt serious about hockey until the 2003 playoffs. I was in detroit by then...and boy was i hated cause I wore a devs jersey.

i give up on u guys!

you just happen to be defending the biggest whipping boy from last year's squad, don't take it personal :)

it gets just as ugly when they all insist on the 4 foot midget on the line with Elias and Gomez cause he can score 7 points against the Thrashers and they like top lines that get shut down by checking lines EVERY time when it counts :evil:

(starts the hornet's nest again but doesn't care... I've been too docile on this board of late :P )

i give up on u guys!

Don't listen to them, Larionov did great things for New Jersey in other ways off the ice. NJ fdound out how much Fetisov did for this club. He worked with offensive players, had the leagues best PP, eased the transition of russians and was a good role modelbeing a legend in the hockey world. Larionov stepped in and basicly did the same thing. Gomez said he learned aton from Larionov, he stoped trying to force a play and he took his time with the puck. Larionov also helped Elias out with his moves. He had our PP much better then the previous year and it must have been a thrill for Suglobov, Balmochnykh, Brylin, Uchevatov and Kadeikni to play in training camp with Larionov and be around him.

Then why didn't he just coach and make space on the roster for someone who wanted to play competitively still?

No one denies Larinov's talents nor that he had a lot to intangibles to bring to the Devils -- but he didn't bring any of his on ice skills. He was brought in to perform as well as teach. ehhh... but not big deal. I mean for a little over a million you can't expect an allstar performance from a vet, right? It seems from his attitude that he calculated exactly what he'd dole out to earn that salary and on-ice wasn't in the equation.

Man I'd say if Stevens was beign a jerk off - what's wrong with people venting their frustrations here? Why does underme take it as some personal afront? I have no reason to buttheadds with the guy but this hypersensitive streak is gonna cause problems one day I fear!

Then why didn't he just coach and make space on the roster for someone who wanted to play competitively still?

No one denies Larinov's talents nor that he had a lot to intangibles to bring to the Devils -- but he didn't bring any of his on ice skills. He was brought in to perform as well as teach. ehhh... but not big deal. I mean for a little over a million you can't expect an allstar performance from a vet, right? It seems from his attitude that he calculated exactly what he'd dole out to earn that salary and on-ice wasn't in the equation.

Man I'd say if Stevens was beign a jerk off - what's wrong with people venting their frustrations here? Why does underme take it as some personal afront? I have no reason to buttheadds with the guy but this hypersensitive streak is gonna cause problems one day I fear!

Larionov came to NJ to get another shot at a cup just like Bourque did while going to Colorado. I don't care what his on ice performence was like considering he only played like 8 minutes a game, thats counting the PP where he wasn't all that bad. He did a better job then calling Darby or Skrlac up. I think his main goal comming to NJ was to be a leader for the euro's which he seemed to be. There is more to a player on a team then on ice performences.

Hey leave Skrlac alone. Many of us fans here in ALbany thought we would never see him in a Devils uniform. An to top it off he gets a goal. That was a real proud day for Albany Riverrats fans.

Dude -- if he wanted another cup than he should have contributed like Bourque did. You're deflecting here. He didn't perform on the ice! He didn't get time because he wasn't getting the job done. I don't mind a which came first the chicken or the egg thing but it made the press that the dude wasn't cooperative or helpful during practice.

Like I said no one quibbles about his ability but there is simply NO DENYING he did NOT bring it to the Devils. and his salary was low as I said above -- so maybe we were foolish to expect more.

SAY IT! SAY IT! HE DIDN'T GET IT DONE! WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT ADMITTING THAT? SURE IT'S AN HONOR TO HAVE HIM HERE BASED ON HIS PAST PERFORMANCE BUT HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING SPECIAL IN NEW JERSEY! SUCK IT UP! YOU'RE WRONG! WRONG WRONG WRONG!