NJ Devs Fantasy Football Smack Talk 2014

RSC

After getting no production from the TE position this year, I was very confused to find Antonio Gates available in the free agent list -- a player that was drafted and in week 2 had a three touchdown game.

We're too busy hoarding all the RBs so Ayl can have none :lol:

(plus the Seahawks show a tendency to let big time TEs run wild on them, there's a sniff of fool's gold there )

I almost picked Gates up but once bitten, twice shy (had him last year when he had a hot September then died after). I suppose there is a chance the field's opened up more for Gates with the emergence of Allen and the return of Floyd though. OTOH I don't think they'll totally forget about Green later in the season either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Having actual depth at the position helps too, maybe then Knile isn't your RB1 with a Raiders platoon guy you picked up yesterday as your RB2 :P

In the 5th round I was thinking of going Bishop Sankey rather than QB3;  both would have done the same for me so far.

The other option at WR was Cordarrelle Patterson; that one I regret.

The target with that pick was Wes Welker; so I had only a 1/4 shot of having impact there with my selection - for now (Stafford).

Edited by aylbert

I swear if I lose this game from 80 points up at 4:30 I'll **** a brick :P

As long as Chris Johnson doesn't fumble and get hurt on his first carry tomorrow you're fine :P

All I need is a nice average Jay Cutler tomorrow.....

As long as Chris Johnson doesn't fumble and get hurt on his first carry tomorrow you're fine :P

All I need is a nice average Jay Cutler tomorrow.....

Not if Leveon Bell keeps going off :argh:

I really wanted not to have to worry about anything tomorrow except the Jets which is angst-inducing enough.  I don't really trust CJ to get more than a handful of points after last week (I was only playing him cause Foster was out), so it kind of needs to be close at least :lol:

Well at least I still have enough of a cushion barring TWO fumbles (and no I'm not going to bench CJ, points matter in tiebreakers and if I'm afraid of a two fumble, zero yard game then I need to see the wizard :P)

Thank goodness it was fat Lagarette running wild in the fourth quarter though :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well at least I still have enough of a cushion barring TWO fumbles (and no I'm not going to bench CJ, points matter in tiebreakers and if I'm afraid of a two fumble, zero yard game then I need to see the wizard :P)

Thank goodness it was fat Lagarette running wild in the fourth quarter though :lol:

I hate this freakin league...  2nd most points and I'm 1-2??

WTF??

and how the hell to 2 QBs in 3 weeks go for 40+ against me?? I'll bet it does not happen another 2 times all year long!   Man do I need some good karma!!

Edited by redruM

You used up a good chunk of karma magically getting Gordon available for the stretch run this season :P

I was first in points last year and finished with a losing record, **** happens :lol:  I'm actually surprised most scores have been so low to this point, I guess that's what happens when most of the big QB's/RB's struggle/are hurt/have legal issues.  Luck or no Luck I'm quite pleased I was able to still get a high total this week without Foster/Roddy.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'd be feeling pretty confident if it wasn't for the last Romo TD :lol:  (I'm still in a better spot than I thought I'd be the last few hours though)

As it is the result in all three of my leagues is hanging on tomorrow night's game, though the other two leagues I'm in a better position (one league I need Alex Smith to get just over eight points, another league I need Chandler Jones to come in at under 8 points).  Here I need Ridley to come in at under 16.34 points...which he could get if the Pats get out front and he gets 105+TD or 45+2TD's.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

Even in a vacuum (which is the wrong way to evaluate draft-day trades) it's way too early to tell.  Will Rodgers play 16 games this year?  Will Kelvin Benjamin ever not get double-teamed?  Will Welker do enough for 12 games to justify a 4th round draft position (and remember, he wasn't missing 4 games for suspension eons ago when this pick was made)?  Will either the Packers D or Fleener show up?  How long will it take for Golden Tate to adjust to a game-time situation in Detroit?  Talk to me in week 4-6 and we'll see how "even" the trade was.

Benjamin is doing just fine...

Tate has no TD's, but getting the yards.

I am beyond frustrated with my team right now. The only players that produced this week are Donnell and the Dolphins defense. Foles was atrocious. I know he'll put up more than 1.9 points in the future, but that offensive line is abysmal. Can't pass block or run block. Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson both seem hampered by their ankle injuries, and don't even get me started on the curse I have going on at running back right now. Ugh. On the bright side, barring a 20 point game from Edelman tonight I'll eek out a victory, so could be worse than being 2-2.