2018 UFA Thread

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

The d-man you're thinking of is Urbom, but he was a third round pick.  But their ability to pick anyone from any country was horrible from 2005 through 2015.  Even if you take out Nico, there's a pretty good chance that two drafts under Castron and his group will produce more quality NHL players than Conte's last ten, and two of his involved top six picks.

There is anew administration in place with a whole different outlook.  And they actually have a team concept!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

The d-man you're thinking of is Urbom, but he was a third round pick.  But their ability to pick anyone from any country was horrible from 2005 through 2015.  Even if you take out Nico, there's a pretty good chance that two drafts under Castron and his group will produce more quality NHL players than Conte's last ten, and two of his involved top six picks.

The Devils have had a ton of picks during Castron's reign, whereas they didn't when Conte was in charge because Lou was trying to patch this team together with duct tape. 

11 minutes ago, Derlique said:

The Devils have had a ton of picks during Castron's reign, whereas they didn't when Conte was in charge because Lou was trying to patch this team together with duct tape. 

He's definitely had a number of picks, but it's not like he's had tons of high picks.  Three firsts and two seconds to work with the past three drafts.  Fair amount of mid to lows though (4 thirds, 4 fourths, 5 fifths, 3 sixths, 5 sevenths). 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Josefson is the bullseye, right?

- Lou Lamoriello

actually JJ was two feet off the board, that sh!t bounced of the wall and ended up on the ground.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
Just now, titans04 said:

actually JJ was two feet off the board

Back when I used to be a pretty good dart player, I had about a 2.5 to 7 beer window where I would be at my "peak" (for some reason I needed a couple to loosen up and hone in...never did as well "unassisted").  JJ would've been the equivalent of where my game was after the 13th or 14th beer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Back when I used to be a pretty good dart player, I had about a 2.5 to 7 beer window where I would be at my "peak" (for some reason I needed a couple to loosen up and hone in...never did as well "unassisted").  JJ would've been the equivalent of where my game was after the 13th or 14th beer. 

Sutter (Calgary)  traded up 2 spots so Lou could grab JJ. at 16 if I remember correctly.  Sutter felt "guilt" after poaching his brother away to coach Flames. Wink wink nudge.  '09 draft (1st round) had quite a few Swedes, all but Hedman fell a tad short (Runblad, Paajarvi, Erixon, Josefson)

ETA: Sorry I should not have posted this in the UFA thread but in the off-season thread probably since he's a RFA. 

YIKES. 

@Capitals   NEWS | Capitals re-sign forward Tom Wilson to a six-year contract worth an average annual value of $5.17 million

Todd Cordell‏ @ToddCordell    Just for fun...

Miles Wood | 19 goals, 32 points, 76 games, 12:28 average TOI

Tom Wilson | 14 goals, 35 points, 78 games, 15:59 average TOI

Miles Wood: 2.02 5v5 points per 60, most frequent linemates were Pavel Zacha and Brian Boyle.

Tom Wilson: 1.78 5v5 points per 60, most frequent linemates were Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.

Wilson is getting $5.17M per on a long-term deal. Wood is probably going to end up with a bridge deal in the ~$2M range. Craziness.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1

As far as Wilson goes, maybe it's his 15 points in 21 playoff games this year.  Because damn that seems like a lot of money for someone who didn't have all that much leverage.  

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As far as Wilson goes, maybe it's his 15 points in 21 playoff games this year.  Because damn that seems like a lot of money for someone who didn't have all that much leverage.  

That was a pretty good performance. I just think the guy plays like a d!ck and we all hate him, so we think the price is too high. 

While everyone hate Tom Wilson. The dude can play hockey. He isn't the prototypical goon that can only hit and not play, he is skilled. While I think 5 is little much, it isn't a huge overpayment. Wouldn't doubt he brings alot to their locker room.

23 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yup, that was about my bowling window also, yet if I had one beer my golf game went from poor to absolutely  horrible

On 7/27/2018 at 11:01 AM, EdgeControl said:

Love that Shero has put speed up at the top as a scouted skill-set... that was a fundamental change in policy

That seems to be on the upswing  in the league.

8 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

That seems to be on the upswing  in the league.

It has been for a while, we just finally have a GM who doesn't have his arms crossed in front of him telling everyone around him the game hasn't changed, everyone is clearly wrong, shut up, color and drink the kool-aid

• Like 1
13 hours ago, jagknife said:

It has been for a while, we just finally have a GM who doesn't have his arms crossed in front of him telling everyone around him the game hasn't changed, everyone is clearly wrong, shut up, color and drink the kool-aid

Couldn't agree more!

Yikes, there are some big deals being signed these days!  Where is this headed?

Rick Nash is well past his prime, done, stick a fork in it. I hope ray doesn't bring in any PTO> Unless he trades for bread man. Was discussed on XM that Rag$ fans really want Panarin, but Jackets will want a couple players-Kreider/and a prospect.