2019 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

Might as well start a new one the night before the draft, guess we'll find out soon enough if all the trade down talk was some elaborate smokescreen or Maccagnan having a firesale.  I'd rather just get a pass rusher and not move down but if they do get a king's ransom from some QB-needy team, vaya con dios.

Redskins moving up for a QB seems to be picking up steam as apparently Dan Snyder has now taken over their first round. 

The Jets need to fill some other holes and you can find lots of pass rushers in the first two rounds should the Jets choose to trade down. However someone like Quinnen Williams along with Leonard Williams causing chaos inside could be something that changes games. We've had a dominant line before. That's the one thing the Jets seemingly know how to find quite easily and often....quality defensive line talent. However this could be the first time that talent is going to have an offense that not going to be among the worst in football so we don't lose games when we give up 13 or 14 points

I have to take either Bosa or Allen.

It's Manish Mehta but...

I don't get this apparent reluctance to pick one of the defensive studs.  Don't know as much about Quinten Williams but people say he's a dominant interior lineman.  I'd take him though personally I'd rather have one of the pass rushers like Bosa or Josh Allen but the way people have been talking in the last 24 hours I'm paranoid Allen falls to the Giants and becomes another dominant pass rusher for them.

21 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's Manish Mehta but...

I don't get this apparent reluctance to pick one of the defensive studs.  Don't know as much about Quinten Williams but people say he's a dominant interior lineman.  I'd take him though personally I'd rather have one of the pass rushers like Bosa or Josh Allen but the way people have been talking in the last 24 hours I'm paranoid Allen falls to the Giants and becomes another dominant pass rusher for them.

Clearly Mac is trying to force a trade here and who knows...he may be successful in doing so. The Jets feel perhaps a package of picks from rounds 2 and 3 (and a 1st next year) will go further for them than one of the early 1st round defensive guys.

Edited by '7'

Yeah for me pass rusher is just behind QB in terms of football value.  Look at what the Chiefs just paid for Clark.  Now if they really think these guys aren't all that, or they can get an impact player at 6 or wherever they trade, Mac's definitely putting his neck on the line for that one.

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah for me pass rusher is just behind QB in terms of football value.  Look at what the Chiefs just paid for Clark.  Now if they really think these guys aren't all that, or they can get an impact player at 6 or wherever they trade, Mac's definitely putting his neck on the line for that one.

Supposedly the Jets love the pass rusher from Florida State (Burns). This is probably who they are targeting in their trade down. 

But we'd better be getting a 1st for next year

They'll mess this up somehow I'm sure. Just take Allen and be done with it

Edited by '7'

Happy with Quinnen Williams. I probably would still take Josh Allen but he oddly dropped until Jacksonville sprinted up to take him. But Williams was absolutely dominant and a really good kid. They tried to trade out, nothing materialized

What the Giants did was unfathomable. I mean that is bizarre beyond belief. What they passed up on last year and this year they take Daniel Jones? They are absolutely lost as a franchise

57 minutes ago, '7' said:

Happy with Quinnen Williams. I probably would still take Josh Allen but he oddly dropped until Jacksonville sprinted up to take him. But Williams was absolutely dominant and a really good kid. They tried to trade out, nothing materialized

What the Giants did was unfathomable. I mean that is bizarre beyond belief. What they passed up on last year and this year they take Daniel Jones? They are absolutely lost as a franchise

This is just so odd how the Jets are the conventional franchise while the Giants are trying to outsmart themselves, historically it's been the other way around.  And the Raiders too, holy hell lol...but to compound the Giants taking Jones the Redskins get Haskins.

4 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This is just so odd how the Jets are the conventional franchise while the Giants are trying to outsmart themselves, historically it's been the other way around.  And the Raiders too, holy hell lol...but to compound the Giants taking Jones the Redskins get Haskins.

Two of my best friends are Giants fans, and they are both beyond furious.  I know sometimes you simply take the guy you want, but good lord, Jones would have still been available at 17.  Feels every bit like the Giants screwed this one up, and did indeed try to outsmart themselves.

Also agree that the Jets made a solid pick.

19 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Two of my best friends are Giants fans, and they are both beyond furious.  

My mom is a huge Giants fan.... she was, along with a bunch of my friends who are Giants fans, irate.

Edited by MadDog2020

So apparently our third round picks both have 'character concerns'...great, Mac showing as usual he almost seems to embrace the miscreants although in the case of the USC tackle I would trust a guy like Darnold if he thumbed-up him.  The pass rusher, well hopefully he can handle Gregg Williams since he couldn't handle even the pre-draft criticism.  They did rate him as the 'second best pass rusher in the draft' for what that's worth :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

6 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

So apparently our third round picks both have 'character concerns'...great, Mac showing as usual he almost seems to embrace the miscreants although in the case of the USC tackle I would trust a guy like Darnold if he thumbed-up him.  The pass rusher, well hopefully he can handle Gregg Williams since he couldn't handle even the pre-draft criticism.  They did rate him as the 'second best pass rusher in the draft' for what that's worth :P

He has that Bengals mentality in the middle to late rounds. Draft the talent and potential, cross your fingers that they'll stay out of trouble. The Bengals for almost 20 years have been doing that since they're a small NFL market where nobody wants to play, so they load up on (initially) cheap, talented jerks everybody else tried to avoid. it's gotten them to the playoffs a bunch of times. But not a step further.

\

• 3 weeks later...

The Jets just couldn’t let the Giants be the biggest gong show in town for an entire offseason. Only the Jets would fire a GM after letting him spend a zillion dollars in free agency and make the #3 pick in the draft.

And even more stupidly Gase is now the interim GM. Who the hell died and made Gase into Billy B in NE?

Edited by NJDevs4978

The Jets and Mets truly are the same franchise.  Forever finding ways to get in their own way, even when there's reasons to believe that things are finally headed in the right direction.  My sympathies to Has and '7'...I only root for one of these teams, and that alone can drive one to insanity.  I don't know how you two manage it, year-round. 

• Like 1

If you want to fire Mac do it after the season. I think he deserved the year and maybe they could somehow co-exist (mac and gase) doing it now just makes it a circus. You just had the draft, you just had free agency. Did Mac not hire this guy?

How bad could it have been? That this had to happen. I don't know seems like a knee jerk thing by our tone deaf owner and at the totally wrong time

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kind of odd because they got him for a very good price. 

There are other issues too. Lack of Mac getting a suitable center for Darnold. Lack of a true top #1 receiver.

• Like 1