2019 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Curious what happens to Robby Anderson. The Bell/Adams talk seems like it's not imminent stuff but Robby Anderson probably should be traded

Also apparently there is a 2nd team in on Adams. Possibly, or it's possible the Jets put it out there to make Dallas think they are bidding against someone. We'll see. But I would want nothing less than a 1 and a 3. With a 1/2 being ideal. 

I've heard Lions as the potential other team

Supposedly it was the Ravens who were the second team.  

And now of course Jamal Adams complaining on Twitter, claiming he asked NOT to be traded (hah) and that Douglas was 'shopping him behind his back'.  I'm sorry, Jamal - you have no credibility on this issue when you constantly complain about the losing that you're a part of, and like Tweets critical of the franchise.  And for all we know, teams were calling the Jets precisely because of your nonsense assuming you're on the block and you want out.

The dude's an OBJ in the making.

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

No trades...wouldn't be the worst thing in the world ftm except now this is going to be the narrative the whole rest of the season going into the offseason - where will Adams and Bell wind up?

Kind of strange not even Robby Anderson? Seriously not even a 4th for Robby Anderson. That should've been out there but guess not

That narrative doesn't bother me. Bell has actually been a consummate professional here. But I do hope they move him. Adams certainly isn't a guy who needs a fire lit under his ass...and he's certainly plenty pissed off already so whatever he feels about this I just don't give a damn. He has not made the big difference making plays when we need them. He's not the main culprit, but he's not blameless. He's got a big mouth, he's immature, and he doesn't back it up. And those comments...perplexing nonsense. 

You know what Joe Douglas owes you? Nothing. 

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Supposedly it was the Ravens who were the second team.  

I did see that. Not surprised at all it was Baltimore

Edited by '7'

Listening to Jamal Adams and his twitter/instagram whatever stuff. What a petulant baby. Takes things way too personally. Totally misunderstands how the NFL works. Not ready to talk to Douglas or Gase like he's some teenage girl. Compared himself to Aaron Donald and Tom Brady. Asinine

Just get off the social media, stop with the fashion BS. Shut your mouth and be a football player. The guy just comes across as a phony

• Like 1

Sometimes Francesa is a lazy  buffoon but every so often he hits the nail on the head. He did so here

“This guy has separated himself from the team the whole time,” Francesa said. “’I’m good, they’re bad.’ … Enough of this stuff. This kid has got to grow up. He’s a nice player. He’s not a great player, he’s a good player.”

He's right. Too much of this "I'm not a loser bro" stuff coming out of his mouth. 

Well yes you are. You don't make any big plays and you contribute to the losing. He's in denial over this

“This is not how you build a team, turning it from a losing team to a winning team. Who is he?” Francesa said. “He is a child. He acts like a child.

“Now he’s going to compare himself to the top players in the league? … It’s a farce. It’s really comical. He’s accomplished nothing.”

https://nypost.com/2019/10/31/mike-francesa-absolutely-destroys-jets-jamal-adams/

95% of the time, Francesa is a borderline senile stammering buffoonish bore who can barely put sentences together and struggles to string together any coherent trains of thought, and can be easily overwhelmed in a debate because he can no longer keep up with speedier-minded callers.  His idea of a monologue has long been to present a point, and instead of actually expanding on it, he basically repeats it at least 10 more times (in almost imperceptibly different ways), complete with several Butthead-like "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"s fro good effect.  The good news is it sounds like he should be put of his WFAN misery before much longer, because it's obvious to EVERYONE but him that he not only did he hang on waaaay too long, but that he had no business coming back in the first place.  It's the contingent of the dumbest of dumb Noo Yawkers who somehow think it's still a big deal to talk to a fat pompous dumbass on the radio that keeps Francesa somewhat relevant.

BUT

There is that 5% of the time that Mike can actually get on a rant that almost seems to send an extra charge into his brain, where suddenly the words are flying out of his mouth with actual flow and energy.  They're rare, but they happen.  And that's about as close to approaching compelling radio as Mike can get these days.  But some of his rants are good stuff.

If the Jets lose this upcoming game (I suspect they will) then that will seriously jeopardize Miami's run at the #1 pick. Who's to say the Jets don't go like 1-15 or 2-14. Also factor in the Bengals...Redskins. Even Atlanta now. This is one heck of a race to the bottom. 

Jets literally have no linebackers. Every linebacker they had on the roster is now hurt

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

https://wfan.radio.com/media/audio-channel/hour-1-what-if-jets-lose-miami-jamal-hasnt-spoken-gase

Go to around the four minute mark where Bart talks about why Miami is always a tough road game.  

I actually like Bart a lot as a radio personality.  The show is very listenable since Carlin left.

He raises a good point. He's been there, seen it, lived through it. When you're a team crumbling like the Jets, and you have so much extracurricular temptation in Miami...I'd almost be shocked to see them come out crisp tomorrow. 

That is the throw Darnold can't make and what prevents me from saying this is all on the o-line or all on Gase.

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

the ryan griffin overturn and overturn is the most obscene one sided sh!t i've seen. I mean how biased and how anti Jets can this league get? This is criminal

If they really want to be anti-Jets they should just let us win...having us lose gets Gase (and maybe Darnold at this rate) out of here faster and we might get the #1 pick the Dolphins have built their whole season around lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

bizarre end to the half

Really though, the Jets have to look at a new QB for 2020. Darnold just doesnt get it, he has horrible ball security. And he doesnt seem to have a high football iq. He panics situationally. He turns easy points into int's

Good. Gase deserves all this. Scumbag he is. And on top of it all...Miami was on a short week. They played Monday night. You lose to an 0-7 team on a short week? 

There are some rumors circulating on Twitter (though not by the head honcho reporters) that Gase was told he's out if he loses to Miami. 

Well he lost and as of now...still here. This is no overreaction. This team is more fractured and broken than when he inherited it somehow. Darnold is going backwards. Everything has been messed up beyond recognition

How do you find a guy worse than Bowles? Same way the Mets found a guy worse than Collins I guess...

Just cut your losses with him already. You have Gregg Williams there. He was 5-3 with Cleveland last year (and actually looks like the guy they should've kept over idiot Kitchens)

Edited by '7'