GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes 7 PM

Devils01

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If people were really booing Hall for his comments they are just as lame as he was to make them. It does nothing at this point. I

I have never booed my own team no matter how bad things have gone in a game, but I still support other's right to express their displeasure with the situation if they choose to and don't find it egregious if they do. 

I’ll take It a step further, I don’t even mind that he’s upset by the booing. He should be, isn’t that the point?

I know this Hall stuff has been discussed and analyzed to death, but I’m to the point where I think Hall’s only really guilty of two things:

1) Not having the keenest observational skills/ability to read a room.  I don’t think he ever truly understood that the initial boos were not really in the moment.  They built up over time.

2) Having an awkward sense of humor that when he misses the bullseye with what’s supposed to relatively (in his eyes) benign humor, it often misses the target entirely.  He probably thought he was actually being funny and meant no harm when he was “trolling” the fanbase with his post-goal celebration.  I’m guessing he’s had his share of “went over like a fart in church” moments, then had to have someone explain to him why his joke didn’t go over, or could have been seen as inappropriate by some.  And he probably said “OK, I get it, I understand”, even though he likely doesn’t REALLY.  So there will probably be more moments like this for him, where he’s shocked in the end that some people would get so upset and triggered.  

This is why I’m no longer bothered by Taylor, re:  any of this...I think it’s just something that due to other circumstances (like general sucking and very taxing losses) blew up exponentially.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4