Hischier is team MVP

hockeymetrics

I thought this kind of team performance was a serious possibility next year if Hischier, Bratt, and Hughes all reached the elite offensive level. And I felt like Hischier had almost been overshadowed (just a bit, fans who see him all the time know how elite he is as a 3 zone player) because Bratt and Hughes had more shiny goal and assist tallies last year.

I knew Hischier reaching a new level offensively this season or next was possible. Players as good as he was from ages 18-22 become elite (1 pt/20 min or better) the vast majority of the time.  

But he had not put up high shot totals so i was expecting more of a 75gm 30g 50a ceiling, but his increased shot totals are making 75gm 40g 50a look possible.

Wow

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He has looked better than Hughes, in a different way obviously but still better, and I was not expecting that. 

He’s looked better than the majority of the league. Very few players are playing as good in both ends as Nico Hischier right now. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Nico is also the team mvp for hyping up the crowd during post game interviews. I'd run through a brick fvcking wall for our Swiss leader. 

He almost makes me like Swiss cheese better than mozzarella, and for a dude from Staten Island that is HUGE. 

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2019 at 11:28 PM, Nicomo said:

We still love you, Nico. 

You’re going to be our Toews to Hughes’ Kane. 

29 minutes ago, hockeymetrics said:

He's doing a pretty good impression of peak Jonathan Toews. 

I remember making that exact comparison when we were getting ready to draft Jack…

• Like 2