Game Thread: USA vs. Russia, 7pm ET ESPN2

Weekes Head

Thu Sep 2 2004 - Brian Rafalski will return to action tonight for the Americans' World Cup game against the Russians. He missed Team USA's opening game of the tournament against Canada due to a strained groin muscle.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to see Ovechkin, but hey -- guess that's good news for the Americans, eh?

Go USA!!!!1one

Rafalski seems to be back to form. He can hold the puck in again!

Yes, Brian is playing very, very well tonight. He's foiled some players 1-1 as well as moved the puck well.

There are too many "wells" in that paragraph. Oh well.

what no. is ralfaksi?? afinigenov looks AWSOME. but not kovalchuk good. i'm a little disappointed with sammy(samsonov). brygaolozv(sp?) is looking good too i like how this guy plays. to me he plays like shields but without the anticipation, mental, and in ability to use his glove.

Really good hipcheck by Rafalski on Yashin, he must be feeling better cause he broke up a 2 on 1 right afterward when Leetch turned over the puck. The Americans look old and slow, especially the defense. Its time for some new Blood all around. Get guys like Hull and Chelious off the ice. THey are adding nothing.