Bye Bye Floppa

bruins4777

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=99104

yeah Davos won!! thornton with 2 assist woohoo.

now floppa is gone for GOOD. i'm sure there are loads of avs fans crying without realizing they have a man by the name of joe sakic who is more than capable of handling the avs without floppa.

now floppa is gone for GOOD. i'm sure there are loads of avs fans crying without realizing they have a man by the name of joe sakic who is more than capable of handling the avs without floppa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sakic is 35 years old and I honestly don't think he has anymore 100 point seasons left in him. The Avs will survive obviously, Hejduk and Tanguay are a very good supporting cast. Theres a good chance that Kariya might stay also, but Forsberg is still a huge huge loss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sakic is 35 years old and I honestly don't think he has anymore 100 point seasons left in him. The Avs will survive obviously, Hejduk and Tanguay are a very good supporting cast. Theres a good chance that Kariya might stay also, but Forsberg is still a huge huge loss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

of course he is a HUGE loss, but regardless sakic and co can still hold up the team. they still got a great team. sakic, hejduk, tanguay, foote, blake, and skratstins was a huge revalation last year. vaanenen is showing some potential. svatos is very good as he showed in the playoffs. sakic won't be a 100 point guy but he'll still be great. look at his awsome playoff he is clutch don't worry.

Of course any team would miss what FOPPA brings. There is no doubt in my mind when he is healthy he is one of the best players in the world. However, when it comes down to it Joe Sakic is the guy that is the true heart of that team. I believe he will be like a Stevie Yzerman of Detroit, even when he can't put up those 100 point seasons any longer, he will still be inspiring the team other ways.