Lines For Tonight

msweet

Ok....let's follow up on the Newy-Elias thread.

Here are pairs that I think work together:

Gomer-Brylin

Newy-Elias

Madden-Langs

But If we remember Turner worked well with Maden-Pando and So did Gionta. I think it is Madden. Kinda like Arnotts situation. I could score 20 goals in between Elias and Sykora.

I think balance comes as follows:

Elias-Newy-Berglund

Brylin-Gomer-Friesen

Pando-Madden-Lang

Gionta-Danton-Turner

or when we've given up on Frisen playing line 1/2...and he can hit...

Elias-Newy-Lang (Lang will score 20+ goals here...will Friesen?)

Brylin-Gomer-Berglund (Speed, skill and aggression)

Friesen-Madden-Gionta (A real 3rd scoring line)

Pando-Danton-Turner (Our new checking line)

In the latter, note the right handed shots on the RW!

Here are pairs that I think work together:

Gomer-Brylin

Newy-Elias

Madden-Langs

But If we remember Turner worked well with Maden-Pando and So did Gionta. I think it is Madden. Kinda like Arnotts situation. I could score 20 goals in between Elias and Sykora.

I think balance comes as follows:

Elias-Newy-Berglund

Brylin-Gomer-Friesen

Pando-Madden-Lang

Gionta-Danton-Turner

or when we've given up on Frisen playing line 1/2...and he can hit...

In the latter, note the right handed shots on the RW!

Gomer-Brylin

Newy-Elias

Madden-Langs

I agree that the above combos work.

1st line worked at the end of last year.

agree with second line - this has balance

3rd line now a bit iffy....on the scoring.

4th line - who really cares?

Why not try and double shift Elias as a center and more scoring balance

I really hesitate to take Jamie off the Maddenbrunner line for a couple reasons.

We got him ensconsed there and he's playing very very well with Madden. There's chemistry there and he's working hard.

We just got him weaned off Nieuwy. I wouldn't want to put him back there, save an occasional tweak for injury purposes.

We only benefit if it's Berglund. The kid's working hard. He's got the right moves for that line and we can bring him along at a steady clip this way.

:joker:

I don't care about that so much Chort, as it is difficult to find a decent 2nd line right wing as well.

I think lines with Elias, Person X (the 2nd line wing we would acquire), and Brylin/Friesen-Madden-Langenbrunner would be outstanding.. they would be similar to Carolina's top 3 lines last year, where they had Kapanen on the 1st line who was totally ineffective, a 2nd line with guys who could grind and score, and a third line with historically decent scorers like Vasicek and Gelinas.

Id like to see what Friesen can do with Madden and Langenbrunner. I also like the idea of Gomez with Brylin and Berglund. However Berglund has played quite well with Elias, and it would be nice to keep him there, perhaps with Newy. That forces them to play gionta with Gomez and Brylin, and that line is way to small. So here we go.

Elias/Newy/Berglund

Friesen(his natural side)/Gomez/Brylin Brylin can play center and Gomer on Rw if needed.

Gionta/Madden/Langenbrunner

McKenzie/Danton/Turner

This team as a weird makeup of wings. We are lacking a top line RW, but have 3 top 2 line lw. So it forces someone to play offside.

Yeah... that avatar is pretty scary. Unlike mine. Berlgund looks much more normal. :) He's NOT scary :)

You took the avatar from the Rats page I'm guessing. For some reason, all of their pictures are distorted. Nobody really looks like their pics on the Rats site. I think from the performance last year they distorted all the pictures to protect the players.

Julie

Almost everyone is writing off Gomez and Elias as linemates already. It's puzzling. I see the potential for something really good there.

I think what makes me lean one way over the other is what the second line is without Elias.

Nieuwy and the Mitey Mites just won't get it done, no matter how hard they all work.

I do like Gomez with Elias, but I think he's better suited to Nieuwy in style and because of temperament.