Cool Petr Sykora Story

Risky

So I waste a lot of time on internet message boards. In addition to being a Devils fan, I'm also a big Audi enthusiast and general gear-head. I saw a post on AudiWorld from an S4 owner that said that he missed the gorgeous NJ Devil Ferarri Modena that used to be next to him before the player was traded. I concluded that this must have been our friend Petr, so I dropped him a line.

It turns out that he lived right next door to him during most of Petr's time as a Devil. Petr's also quite the car-geek, apparently. This is his account:

"Yes that was Petr's 360 modena. We would always talk about cars because I didn't care that much for hockey and he knew I was a motorhead and an automotive designer. Besides the modena he also had a special order black M3 with red leather and a M-B ML55. He would take the Modena to the track all the time and only traded his 355 spyder for the modena because the coupe is tighter for racing. He always had is friend wash that thing it was always spotless, his garage had nothing in it but 2 cars (compared to mine which has tons of stuff), when he got traded from the devils I watched this young guy put the modena up on an open (standard issue) car carrier for a short ride to Linden, NJ. I hope they covered it up for the long ride across country after that though. Petr was more interested in my S2000 actually than my s4. His girlfriends were as hot as his cars but he treated his cars better. "

<<(Note, X-Chip in the S4 and the Modena is toast )>>

I tend to doubt it. ;) Though the X is very, very nice. I have it running in my 2001 A4. Of course, the simple act of driving with the chip only makes me want an S4 even more now.

You were the guy that had the S4 and sold it after all the problems in NYC, weren't you?

I tend to doubt it.  Though the X is very, very nice. I have it running in my 2001 A4. Of course, the simple act of driving with the chip only makes me want an S4 even more now.

You were the guy that had the S4 and sold it after all the problems in NYC, weren't you?

I was joking :lol: MAYBE, the RS6 or RS4, I don't know the 'Ring times for any of the cars though.

Nope, I have had a 2001 A4 1.8 and that's it. All I have as mods are Koni Coilovers which absolutely rock. I am thinking about the X-Chip as my definate next mod. Looks just awesome on paper though I haven't experienced it yet.

Yeah, it's fantastic. Just don't abuse it (proper warm up and cool down and don't over-extend too often) and you'll be golden. The 2001 turbos are rumored to have K-04 quality internals. Having that power on tap puts a smile on any drivers face. :)

Anyone like Volvos and/or Ranger Rovers? Heehee -- my husband fools around on those message boards - so I can talk about them! So many fun off roading modifications! Nothing beats a Ranger Rover enthusiast with a blue collar mentality! Really the cars go to waste on the eejits stricken with affluenza!

SO...not to be a wet blanket but I am rather unimpressed with my friends TT - I'm also trying to keep my husband away from speed! The last thing he needs is a car with "real balls" :lol: I like him boasting about off roading and high mileage instead TVM! :P

The 225 horse TT is reaaaaaal nice. Your buddy probably had the 180 hp model, if you were unimpressed. Easiest way to tell is to look for two exhaust pipes. If there are 2, it's the 225 and our friend PK is a SPEED SNOB!!

:)

Cars with real balls:

BMW M3

Audi S4

Audi RS6

Vette Z06

Trans-Am

But seriously you guys! :D I think it's so cool the way todays "muscle cars" are so different. Civics really honestly are souped up and stuff all the times these days. Now a days you just ditch computer chips and stuff when back in the old days you'd shave down the heads and stuff.

uh oh...I'm a hairs breadth from sounding like a Cane-iac aren't I? :huh:

Pk please never refer to Civics and Muscle Cars in the same sentence. The Mustang/Camaro/Firebird scene is very still well alive. And when it comes to pure power output will absolutely destroy anything that them Japanese can put out other then a Supra or Skyline. Porting down heads and intakes is still done, quite frequently, however most of those civic owners just choose to do a complete engine swap, cause the one they have is a complete pieve of junk for power.

My defense of the true muscle car comes from my driving one, sorry.

And Dew yes, the Trans Am do have a pretty good dose of testosterone, the corvette engine will do that to any car.

How nice of you to bring up my really expensive hobbey, cars :) I can talk anyones ear off here.

whatever, i enjoy flooring it and going 25. :lol: it makes driving around town so easy - no fear of getting a speeding ticket!

actually MY car is a 99 mazda 626, i'm happy with it.

my fave expression on civics... said by eric... is, "no matter what you do to a civic, it's still a civic."

Careful what ya say bout those Civics!

A properly tuned Civic (old style) is a beast of a track/Autocross car. Its lightweight and has double wishbones all around so it can be lowered and tuned really nicely. Add an LSD to the front and turbo the engine and you have a helluva great handling little car.

I'm not talking about those Riceboys with the huge wings and coffee cans for exhausts either. The cars I talk about are all serious business.

Side note: still waiting for those damn X-chip dynos. I still don't believe not ONE person on AW has them !