Shelley Suspended

Sarge18

Yeah, Sarge. I saw that before I left for the concert tonight. It's amazing how poor the officiating is.

When I saw that disgrace of a call by Magoo

It happened in San Jose too with that Marleau tainted penalty shot that wasn't and again tonight.

They screwed the Devils on that Madden play.

I almost think officials think they are the game. They are now deciding contests for home teams to win.

I think these officials need to be fined and suspended after what I saw tonight.

Oh well.

When I saw that disgrace of a call by Magoo <sp?> awarding Handzus a penalty shot when he had no control of the puck and wasn't in alone, what a joke!!!!! That guy's been refereeing a long time and it looked like he just made a call to please the home fans.

Derek I was thinking about the penalty shot. What better way to improve the highlights package on Sportscenter? After all it was an ESPN exclusive telecasted game. Sure enough the game was the number 1 story on Sportscenter. With the final exclamation point, the penalty shot!! I hope I'm wrong but I feel that penalty shot had all the makings of a "made for TV" event.

Rock, you're not the only one who wondered about that. I realized that was a definite possibility once SportsCenter came on later and it was the top story. Very rarely does hockey make the top slot on that show.

These were the storylines they focused on:

1) Lindros' return to Philly

2) Holik's return to the lineup

3) LeClair not in the lineup

4) Overtime controversy and a penalty shot.

Rigged.

Rock:

Derek I was thinking about the penalty shot. What better way to improve the highlights package on Sportscenter? After all it was an ESPN exclusive telecasted game. Sure enough the game was the number 1 story on Sportscenter. With the final exclamation point, the penalty shot!! I hope I'm wrong but I feel that penalty shot had all the makings of a "made for TV" event.

The amazing part is there were FLYER fans posting the same thing at the CAFE.

Here's my theory as to why the Devils get hosed and other teams get hosed depending on the situation: Bettman (who apprenticed in the NBA) wants to have another NBA-type caste system in regards to "getting the calls", of course in his (illogical) thinking, that's one of the reasons the NBA's so popular; the more the "marquee, big-name" teams win, the better.

Which is one of the reasons why the best team does almost always win in that sport (see Sacremento-Lakers Game 6 last year for proof of the NBA's caste system mentality - not that I watched it myself but I heard about it and wasn't a bit shocked). And also one of the reasons why I don't really follow that sport anymore.

I'd hate to see the NHL follow suit especially since I like hockey far more than I ever did basketball. But sadly that might be happening here.