Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

Well I'm a little tired of seeing four-digit ERA's from my pitching so anyone need a second baseman (or even an outfielder)?  I'll trade Biggio for a good SP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in need a second baseman. If you're interested we can talk. I do have a pitcher to give up.

Edited by RoughDraft

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry our last 2B/SP trade didn't really work out that well for either of us, but hey it was one bottom of the roster player for another, I don't think either of us expected any miracles :lol: Actually I don't think Lugo's been that bad for you, but Biggio is a better all-around player anyway and he could play outfield for you too. Guess we'll talk later.

Heh well if you did do the trade I'd have like three or four Angels :lol: I wasn't a big fan of Colon coming into the season but he does look hungry this year. I'll give you a little time first before I do anything if you want to think it over for a night or two.

Edited by Hasan4978

Alright, I voted against Red's deal with halfshark earlier but nothing ever came of it.

So I am going public this time.

I think we should put the deal between Hasan and RD up to a vote.

edit: I think every deal should be carefully looked at before going thru.

Edited by Derek21

After assessing the deal Clown made with RD further, I also feel this should be voted on. I want to make it known that I offered Trot Nixon and Andy Pettite for the same two players.

See I think some people misinterpret the ability to reject trades as just giving their vote as to whether they think one person gets the better of the deal. I never vote against any deal unless it's obviously collusive where one person's just giving up or stacking another team - like some of the stuff that happened with the fantasy hockey league a couple years back. Some real life trades are dumber than anything I've seen here (cough Kazmir for Peterson's magic bean cough) :P Hell people wanted to overturn my Sakic for Palffy trade last year in the fantasy hockey league and it turned out Palffy was having a bit better season till he got hurt :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

Alright, I voted against Red's deal with halfshark earlier but nothing ever came of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No biggie, i voted against myown trade, like i said i must have been drunk when i made the offer becuase i really donot remember it!!!

That being said Bradley has been pretty good for me!!

What the hell is the problem? There is no conspiracy going on here. Derek, Legend didn't make the trade offer, I did. I said I'd look at your deal, I wasn't thinking "oh I'm going to screw over Derek here by making a deal with Legend." I didn't know you told Legend about the deal you offered to me, and HONESTLY, I don't think you SHOULD be talking to other people about the deals you're making to other posters. If anything, I thin THAT should be against the rules.

BTW can Michelle Tanner pls stop changing team names every 5 minutes... it gets confussing!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only changed it twice, and I'm not doing it anymore. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's Ok, all the Full House references were just starting to scare me...

You want to do the deal? Fine. I looked at the stats on the deal. From my vantage point, Matsui is better than Wilkerson. Thompson and the other guy are a wash. But Thompson pitches on a better team.

Biggio is a nice player. But Buehrle is a #2 starter.

I am allowed to change my opinion. Wilkerson doesn't get enough steals to justify giving up on Matsui. I know he's been in a slump but he'll come out of it.

And I am not getting on you. Why are you taking it personally?

I just decided to check out the numbers and make sure they were okay for you.

I am allowed to change my opinion. Wilkerson doesn't get enough steals to justify giving up on Matsui. I know he's been in a slump but he'll come out of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you G'tee he will come out of it??? Maybe pitches have figured him out and he has peaked as a major leaguer?? you never know... thats why trades are so subjective.. a plyer that you love someone else hates and visa versa!!!

I'm just frustrated with you Derek. I was still a bit upset about something else that happened between us a few months ago, and I feel like this was just icing on the cake. I don't think it's fair for you to accuse your GOOD friend Legend of something when he didn't do ANYTHING wrong. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at me, not Legend. He's not at fault here, not at the least bit.

I think from now on we should really not take this damn thing so seriously. This league is supposed to be a fun escape from the nasty lockout, not something ELSE to bicker about. We have obviously a couple people upset here (myself, you, and Legend). That's just not cool. I don't think anyone is robbing me of anything. I wouldn't have made the trades if I thought so. Has isn't trying to cheat me of a great player, in fact, we had been talking for a while about doing another trade since our Westbrook-Lugo trade didn't work out. I really wanted a better 2B (and another OF at this, which Biggio can do as well), Has really needed a pitcher. Of course it stings to give up a great pitcher like Buehrle, but I needed to address MY needs too. Let's face it, I'm not doing well outside of pitching. My guys aren't hitting. I need another player who can help me with offense. I have enough good pitching for now.

And with that said, I'm done with this particular topic. I'm not making any more trades either -- I want to apologize to Legend for getting caught up in this mess. Can we move on now?

Edited by RoughDraft

Well can everyone agree that trades SHOULD NOT be a matter of public debate from here in? If I'm not mistaken everyone gets the e-mail notification alerting them to trades and if they don't, they check their rosters most days and will see the trade. They don't need to have any public peer pressure put on them to take or reject the trade, they should be able to accept or reject something on its own merits. Plus it makes the one participant that does the trade and is accused of getting the short end of the stick feel like crap, I know from personal experience.

And to be honest, there's nothing wrong with RD's trade with Clown, I could see why she took Bonderman and Wilkerson over Pettite and Nixon. Bonderman's more of a strikeout pitcher and pitches in a pitcher's park, while Pettite and Nixon both had major injuries last year, so Bonderman and Wilkerson were safer picks from that standpoint.

BTW red if I'd known you'd rejected your own trade I'd have voted against it too :lol: But I give you credit you didn't complain about it publicly, you just lived with it and moved on.

Edited by Hasan4978

Chalk this up as a bad day for me. I just lost my only other closer, Percival, for 4-6 weeks. Things are just grand. :angry:

EDIT: At least my top closer, Izzy, is due back in a few days. Still a low blow, though. Percival had just finally started pitching a lot better the past couple games. *le sigh*

Edited by RoughDraft