What to do with goals and goalies?

sheeps

What should the NHL do with the goal nets and goalies' pads?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What should the NHL do with the goal nets and goalies' pads?

• a. Increase the net size two inches each way
    • b. Decrease the size of goalies' pads
    • c. Both a and b
    • d. Neither a nor b (keep everything the same)
    • e. Don's idea: let NHL goalies choose between a and b

My desicion should be obvious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it is to me at least since you were the second person who voted :P

I think goalies would choose smaller pads if given the option between smaller pads and bigger nets. Really all I want is smaller pads but if goalies are given the choice they may be more receptive to the issue...

I like the idea from the article yesterday reduce all the pads of all the players so they are just for protection not potential devices for giving concussions (ie elbow pads) or blocking the goal.

Increase stick curve but make it a requirement that sticks be made of wood. I'm tired of these composite sticks breaking at inopportune times. Curving the sticks more makes it easier for the shooters to shoot up high thus limiting the "butterfly" effect of the goaltenders. The good goaltenders will be able to still use the butterfly but they bettter make sure their glove hand is up to snuff.

Lastly, Call the rule book as written!

I don't think the league should go to outlandish measures to increase scoring or scoring chances.

Edited by Rock

I like the idea from the article yesterday reduce all the pads of all the players so they are just for protection not potential devices for giving concussions (ie elbow pads) or blocking the goal.

I've been saying THAT for years.... you want to talk about overinflated protection, look at the average skater on the ice.... I swear the pads normal players wear could stop a freaking bullet !!!! Now while I am for protecting all the players (especially fellow goalies :P )... this is something that has to change... esp those plastic armor elbow pads that players wear.... lighten up the equipment some ... let the players get an ouch or two from blocking a shot.... and watch how plays suddenly open up.... a great man once said fear would keep the locals in line, and the fear of injury from an Al MacInnis blast or the likes !!

Increase stick curve but make it a requirement that sticks be made of wood.  I'm tired of these composite sticks breaking at inopportune times.  Curving the sticks more makes it easier for the shooters to shoot up high thus limiting the "butterfly" effect of the goaltenders.  The good goaltenders will be able to still use the butterfly but they bettter make sure their glove hand is up to snuff. 

Lastly, Call the rule book as written!

I don't think the league should go to outlandish measures to increase scoring or scoring chances.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rock, I've been saying that for a while regarding the equipment all players wear. Look at tapes from a decade ago and players looked normal. It's not just goalies. I agree completely with what you said here.