What's with the political correctnes on this site?

Recently I had an avatar removed because it expressed a "religious" point of view.

The avatar was a cross...which as we all know is as offensive and as dividing a symbol as one could possibly put up.

Conversly, the symbol that I have now put up, straight form a satanic website, is obviously okay with the administrator of this board.

So I'm to take it that no references to anything resembling religion are to be permitted and that a cross as my avatar is going to make poeple here freak out by its offensive and repugnant design...correct?

But "prayers" and "blessings", to the recently departed "Hells"...this is kosher?

Okay.

I got it now.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference?

Yes, you are right? - just explain this difference to me.

What if someone was offended by your "prayers" for Hells, because they deem you to be influencing someone to a God they don't believe in, and don't like the fact that you are praying to a God that they deem to be fictional.

Yes, please, explain the difference.

Dude, you really must think that being a part fo this, or any website is something that is of major importance to me.

I could care less if I'm banned here.

I'm contending for my position...if this gets me banned, you should consider it to a a precedent that is dangerous and something that could eventually affect you...if not here - then somewhere else.

I'm floored, that any sane individual here is going to argue or infer hat a CROSS! is something that would make them shake there head and say, "geez, that just ain't right".

Please!

What does it say, that I am forced to accept something-anything here on this site that may be personally offenmsive to me - yet the same open mindedness i am encouraged to project isn't applied the other way coming back?

Banned?

For a cross?

I'd consider that to be an honor.

If you want I'm sure they will be more than happy to ban that one for you also.  :burn:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are not serious are you?? you really do not get it?

saying a prayer for a fallen friend is far different then ADVERTISING YOUR FAITH!!!

If you cannot see the difference in those 2 things then I'm not sure how to help you....

how can I go to hell when I don't believe in the freaking concept ?? :P

anyway who said I was praying when I've been remembering her all this time ??

Stupid religious arrogance

and don't even start me on the if there was a god why would he kill a 17 year old on the side of the road who was just turning herself and her life around.....

meh... fvck it.. I know he's gone anyway and this is gonna be locked soon but I felt the need to vent that since I still deal with this whole thing now and and then and didn't need the sh!theaded reminder tossed in with relgious sh!t I'll never believe in.....

jimmy leeds avatar offends me as i beleive it to be an offhanded slang reference to a particular part of a female's anatomy, somebody please ban him from the internet for the rest of eternity...

come on people, political correctness really has to take a break at some point. I personally did not see the "offending" cross, but comeon, really, is a cross that offensive to people - I see people every day wearing turbins, yamaca's (sorry about the spelling my hebrew friends), and those little multi-color south african style caps - oh, and i also walk past several churches, synagogues and mosques - should i be telling all of them that they are offending me and to please stop advertising, no, better yet, forcing their belief's on me? should we all go to a system similar to communist china years ago where we all dress in a very drab and similar uniform all the time and have absolutely zero personal identity? This is as bad as the law suits to make teams change their names and logos - the indians were offensive to natives, the browns were offensive to african americans, the mighty ducks were offensive to mallards - please, just stop it already.

wow, now that i'm sitting here looking at it, my avatar is probably quite offensive to some asian culture as "xing" is likely a word to them and my avatar shows a zamboni machine above that word - i'm out of here, got to go scour the web for some dull drab non offending picture to use as an avatar.

for what it's worth, i'm not a fan of religion in any sense as I truly believe it is the root cause of all the problems in the world. that being said, everyone should be allowed to believe whatever they want and they should be allowed to tell people that they believe what they do. where i draw the line is when you tell someone else what they must believe.

so 82-83, i have no problem with a cross as an avatar (or a jewish star, or the elephant with 15 arms, or a picture of naked breasts for that matter). but when you tell Red that Christ is his saviour, then you cross the line as far as this site is concerned. people come here for the New Jersey Devils. we may wander from time to time, but it always comes back to that.

hey guys, not to continue to stir the pot or anything, but hey, i still had the big wooden spoon out, so here it goes - I was just reading through another post and somebody actually thanked God that scott gomez was o.k.

hurry up and get over there and have that offending reference to an almighty being that not everyone believes in edited out before someone needs to go to therapy.

anyone starting to get my point yet - this is more than just a little ridiculous - anyone - bueller,,, bueller...

Edited by rbdf

i dont agree with the fact that you cant have an image or sig that you want and i never really got offended by any of them until mine started being a problem and then i realized how much worse was on here... so now i take notice... the only reason i thought the religious one was a problem was because people were told they couldnt have politicial ones and since both those topics MUST remain in the same Forum (weird since church and state arent suppose to mesh) i figured it should remain a rule for both then to remain out.. but thats just following the rules, not me agreeing . I wouldnt be offended by anything political or religious .. i might not agree.. but if they arent saying what i should and shouldtn believe then it doest phase me

I think the no political sigs came because politics ended up bleeding into the other forums, which is why a special one was set up. Would anyone enjoy if every other thread Devs82 posted in became a big arguement over whether jesus saves or not?

jimmy leeds avatar offends me as i beleive it to be an offhanded slang reference to a particular part of a female's anatomy, somebody please ban him from the internet for the rest of eternity...

come on people, political correctness really has to take a break at some point.  I personally did not see the "offending" cross, but comeon, really, is a cross that offensive to people - I see people every day wearing turbins, yamaca's (sorry about the spelling my hebrew friends), and those little multi-color south african style caps - oh, and i also walk past several churches, synagogues and mosques - should i be telling all of them that they are offending me and to please stop advertising, no, better yet, forcing their belief's on me?  should we all go to a system similar to communist china years ago where we all dress in a very drab and similar uniform all the time and have absolutely zero personal identity?  This is as bad as the law suits to make teams change their names and logos - the indians were offensive to natives, the browns were offensive to african americans, the mighty ducks were offensive to mallards - please, just stop it already.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There have been many people who have changed their avatar becuase it offended someone... so why is this any different?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.