NFL 2005 Predictions Thread

LOTCB

I'm not going to bother to go through team by team, but I think Indy (especially after adding Simon) and Carolina would be my chalk picks at this point.

I agree with most of Clown's playoff picks (not neccesarily in the order he picks them) except Chicago and New Orleans. Unfortunately when you have a gypsy-type situation as the Saints will be and as the Expos used to be in MLB those teams don't usually do to well. It's just too hard to be basically homeless for entire seasons. Chicago I could see except for the fact that Orton's a rookie and you never know though I do think he'll pan out, not sure if it'll be this year though. I'd squeeze in Minnesota though I don't like Cotrell :lol: and Atlanta so long as Vick stays healthy, they DO have an underrated D and running game.

Might as well chirp in too.... besides it's time to start the Bledsoe battles again :)

NFC East:

1. Phily... 12-4... leave it to the classless to be the class of a conference with no class at all :P

2. Dallas... 10-6, 5th best team in the NFC and no Vinny = 4 wins right there!

3. Giants.... 6-10, I really don't think they're any good at all... can see another long season for them

4. Washington... 4-12... worse then the Giants unless some miracle happens with Ramsey

NFC North

1. Minnesota... 11-5... by default class of division

2. Detroit.... 8-8.... SOMEONE has to win division games...

3. Green Bay... 6-10... banking on Favre is always dangerous and this year has VERY little around him... ugly pre-season could be foreshadowing!

4. Chicago... 4-12, at least they saw how worthless Hutchinson truly is!

NFC South

1. Carolina....11-5.. agree with LCB totally, almost made run last year too

2. Altanta... 9-7... gimmick team but enough talent to feast on weak conference

3. New Orleans.... 8-8... taking safe pick here cause this team was a mystery BEFORE the disaster... could be really ugly this team was never heart-filled as is... or this could be the rallying point this team matures based on and they win the division but I doubt it

4. Tampa Bay... 5-11 from zero to hero to zero again before you even got used to them being GOOD

NFC West:

1. Arizona...10-6, as bad as Warner was with the crappy cast in NY, he's the missing piece that will help Arizona win a TERRIBLE division!!

2. St. Louis... 8-8... you seen Mike Martz screw up and ruin the Marshall plan.. now he gets to blunder two running backs :P

3. Seattle 7-9... beats themselves as often as opponent's do.. Holmgren proving to be a shame!

4. San Francisco 3-13.... about time this franchise fell and saw some awful years in front of them!

Playoffs:

1. Phily

2. Carolina

3. Minnesota

4. Arizona

5. Dallas

6. Atlanta

NFL Champions: Carolina

AFC West:

1. San Diego... 10-6... not in love with any team here either....

2. Oakland.... 9-7... gonna be some shootouts and when you got the best gun in the rack, you'll win some gunfights!

3. Kansas City... 9-7.. the team you love to watch and hate to root for!

4. Denver... 8-8... I dunno.. not feeling it with them

AFC South:

1. Indy... 13-3... as long as they can get homefield they go to the dance

2. Jacksonville.... 10-6... I like this team lots

3. Houston 8-8... they get closer each year....

4. Tennessee 5-11... tough gritty heart filled team I like lots.. but the tank ran out

AFC North:

1. Cincinnati 10-6... I think they break out and eek out this division

2. Baltimore ..9-7.. nice additions... but Kyle Boeller ?? GOOD LUCK!!!

3. Pittsburgh ... 9-7... injuries and total magic carpet ride... both come crashing to earth this time!

4. Cleveland 3-13... so bad the city will trade Drew Carey to add respect to city's name!

AFC East:

1. NY Jets 11-5... all sarcasm aside this is prolly the best team in the divsion... but the question is can left-arm-Chad throw the damn ball......

2. New England 9-7... losing Bruschi hurts more then anything... another team who's charmed existance needs to falter some

3. Buffalo- 8-8.. I think they will be like the Bengals last year... will take step back till Losman GETS IT... that will take like 5-6 games

4. Miami 3-13... awful team.. make send Ricky back to the drugs :P

Playoffs:

1. Indy

2. NY Jets

3. San Diego

4. Cinci

5. Jacksonville

6. Baltimore

AFC Champions: Colts.. home field = Super Bowl

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Carolina Panthers.... Super Bowl is not in the RCA Dome.. magic ride crashes and burns !!

LCB, you're forgetting primary rule one when it comes to the Jets:

EVERY year is their year until that year is this yeat, and then their year becomes next year

this fact of life repeats every September :lol: