Columbus Fires Coach

BlueSkirt

even with all the injuries, they should not be behind Florida with 3 more games played. That's ridiculous. <_<

If they lose their next two I'd fire him, because that would drop the Rags to the absolute depths of the NHL, they're falling fast as we speak.

As long as Leetch, Bure, Richter are on the DL, Trottier is safe. Do you think Sather wants to admit making a mistake so soon?

Richter is out for the year, maybe permanent, Leetch has been downgraded from day to day to indefinitely. In any case, what do injuries have to do with Trotts inability to match any set lines against the other team at any point in the season? These guys weren't all out together from day one, and Trotts hasn't matched lines up since day one.

I'm actually surprised Columbus fired their coach. I guess they haven't been winning nearly as much as they were early in the season, but still did MacLean really think he had a playoff team yet? I guess so.

And I'd probably have to agree Trots will get a stay of execution for now as long as the injury total is higher than the Rangers' GAA :lol:

My comments on the DL were not meant to excuse Trottier, just give Sather an excuse not to fire him. I have pointed out Trottier's mistakes in matchups several times on this board. He probably deserves to be relieved of his job, and get more experience as a head coach in a different organization.